What's new

SC warns of suo motu notice if FIR of attack on Imran not registered in 24 hours

I am clear that if I am a victim and I name a person as the culprit, in FIR, in a crime against me and I fail to prove his involvement; then I cannot be proceeded against, on that basis
I wrote "in some jurisdictions".

But if the intent is malicious, then it is a punishable offense even in Pakistan.

عمران خان پر قاتلانہ حملے کی ایف آئی آردرج،نامزد تینوں افرادکانام شامل نہیں

Entirely as expected and predicted.

FIR is filling a report. I can name anyone in a report, its my right.
The police has to launch an investigation based on the names filed and disclosure in the report.
One needs to look at the technicality of the report. for example how can i launch an investigation against a person who is not even in the report, on what basis can i investigate that individual.
That FIR investigation will be a dead end. therefore you need to have the names of those you find suspicious.

One needs to look at the technicality of the report. for example how can i launch an investigation against a person who is not even in the report, on what basis can i investigate that individual.

“A” Class FIR: A Class FIR is true but accused persons are untraced.

“B” Class FIR: B Class FIR is maliciously false.

“C” Class FIR: C Class FIR can be disposed of being non cognizable offence.

“A” Class FIR: A Class FIR is true but accused persons are untraced.

“B” Class FIR: B Class FIR is maliciously false.

“C” Class FIR: C Class FIR can be disposed of being non cognizable offence.
Yes these are different classes, termed “After” an investigation. Initial report is not categorized in such classes.

By law there should be no excuse or delay in registering an FIR.

Yes these are different classes, termed “After” an investigation. Initial report is not categorized in such classes.

So there can be an investigation without any named accused.

Its the magistrates job to categorize them after investigations done by the police within 14 days.

So there can be an investigation without any named accused.
Yes but that would lead no where. its a dead end.
Police wouldn’t know where to start and who to look for. Thats why police ask while filling a report that “do you have any suspicion or do u wish to name anyone “

Its the magistrates job to categorize them after investigations done by the police within 14 days.

Yes but that would lead no where. its a dead end.
Police wouldn’t know where to start and who to look for. Thats why police ask while filling a report that “do you have any suspicion or do u wish to name anyone “

Yes, but clearly there can be an investigation without any named accused. That is the point.

But, it has already been filed without those 3 names.
Do you remember when SC asked police to correct the FIR in model town case?

This FIR has no value. Police can file 1000 FIRs, but if the complainant is not agreeing to the contents, it is as good as no FIR.

Back
Top Bottom