What's new

SC warns of suo motu notice if FIR of attack on Imran not registered in 24 hours

It needs more than mere accusations to be named in an FIR. Let IK present the evidence of their involvement that he claims to possess. Where is it?
Evidence is required for FIR.
:)
But being PM, EX, he has information.
It is the job of police to investigate after FIR. Legally there cannot be any investigation before FIR.
No FIR, no investigation, no court hearing, no cross examination, no prosecution, no conviction.

Remember, Liaquat Ali Khan, killer killed on the spot. Later IO died in a plane crash along with investigation report.
Establishment has been laughing since then.

Geddit??? This is Pakistan.

1667840700443.png

In some jurisdictions, providing false information to police is a punishable offense. But it can only be ascertained after an investigation is conducted on a FIR.

This is not applicable in case of FIR.

FIR - is just that - first investigation report. FIR can be developed/written by the police, they can be in large measure be a narration by the victim. They are very basic documents. In fact FIR don't even need to be written by the police. A judicial process also exists to file an FIR.

They become the basis upon which resources can be applied to investigate a crime. The fact that an ex PM does not have the freedom to file an FIR shows us all that we are completely living in a lawless environment, that in large measure is managed and controlled by the military.

That is unacceptable for any society and as such no matter what end of the political spectrum we are on, we all should find this highly objectionable.

FIR's don't require any evidentiary proof. They are however some implications post investigation. Generally speaking there are 3 pathways an FIR can take.

One is there is veracity and the FIR can proceed with more investigation and prosecution.
Second that the facts of the FIR are not accurate and hence FIR can be quashed.
Third, the facts of the FIR were willfully and knowingly made falsely and as such the applicant can be held liable.

What is not disputable is that right of anyone to file an FIR. That is the bedrock of our legal system.

Last edited:
You can file an FIR without naming anyone.

The investigation will happen later and determine the details.

Watching the videos, I am not convinced that the bullet even hit IK. It looks like IK got injured by accident when he tried to duck.

Can Khan file an affidavit claiming he received threats directly (or an unnamed third person informed him about threat to his life) from the said three suspects? If the affidavit is later proved to be false, he may be prosecuted for filing a false affidavit. Khan filing an affidavit gets over the deadlock that police don't have a probable cause to name the three suspects.
They don’t need probable cause. The victim of an attempted murder can name his suspects as he likes. Evidence is to be furnished after.

As I have said from the beginning, IK needs to present whatever proof he has claimed he has about the involvement of the three he has accused, if he is to get somewhere with this.
Only after the fir is filed naming these individuals first.

Watching the videos, I am not convinced that the bullet even hit IK. It looks like IK got injured by accident when he tried to duck.
Good thing you’re not an investigator then …

Tu Bajway DE Tatatay Moon vich le k Garare Marrna Chor te tenoo nazar ah ajwe ga

عمران خان پر قاتلانہ حملے کی ایف آئی آردرج،نامزد تینوں افرادکانام شامل نہیں

This is not applicable in case of FIR.
I meant to say if allegations are malicious.

=======================
Have you ever heard police asking the complainant "apko kisi pe shuba hai?"

If the complainant mentions a name, it is put in the FIR.

I meant to say if allegations are malicious.

I am clear that if I am a victim and I name a person as the culprit, in FIR, in a crime against me and I fail to prove his involvement; then I cannot be proceeded against, on that basis

عمران خان پر قاتلانہ حملے کی ایف آئی آردرج،نامزد تینوں افرادکانام شامل نہیں

yeh kia mazak hai? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: pervaiz illahi chutiya!

Back
Top Bottom