What's new

SC warns of suo motu notice if FIR of attack on Imran not registered in 24 hours

its just a sham. none of the real culprits will ever come to light.

Can Khan file an affidavit claiming he received threats directly (or an unnamed third person informed him about threat to his life) from the said three suspects? If the affidavit is later proved to be false, he may be prosecuted for filing a false affidavit. Khan filing an affidavit gets over the deadlock that police don't have a probable cause to name the three suspects.

As I have said from the beginning, IK needs to present whatever proof he has claimed he has about the involvement of the three he has accused, if he is to get somewhere with this.

No problem. I will stop here, for now.
For your second question:

1. When information about the commission of a cognizable offence is given orally, the police must write it down.
2. It is your right as a person giving information or making a complaint to demand that the information recorded by the police is read over to you.

After FIR, if Imran is not able to prove, he will be in trouble. and I have mentioned that in my earlier comment to which @lastofthepatriots responded that Imran must have the proofs that's why he is making such a claim.

And so will you. There is no requirement in law to write whatever is said, and any accusations made without grounds to do so will come back to bite IK in the rear.
You've conveniently switched the goalposts. Nobody disputing that IK will be in trouble if he accuses someone without proof. What everyone saying is that the proof comes afterwards, from a little something called investigation. It's not a prerequisite for filing the damn thing.

As I have said from the beginning, IK needs to present whatever proof he has claimed he has about the involvement of the three he has accused, if he is to get somewhere with this.
An affidavit is a sworn statement. He can say the three suspects called and said there will be a threat. Or he can say an unnamed informant called and said there will be threat to Khan's life from the named suspects. An affidavit is the proof.

Your second question:

As I said, I will stop here. There is no point in clarifying something that depends on interpretation of a simple sentence. Let readers make up their own minds. I am okay with that.

An affidavit is a sworn statement. He can say the three suspects called and said there will be a threat. Or he can say an unnamed informant called and said there will be threat to Khan's life from the named suspects. An affidavit is the proof.

There are many ways to proceed here.

You've conveniently switched the goalposts. Nobody disputing that IK will be in trouble if he accuses someone without proof. What everyone saying is that the proof comes afterwards, from a little something called investigation. It's not a prerequisite for filing the damn thing.

;)

1667839818564.png

Back
Top Bottom