What's new

Say Goodbye to ‘Peaceful Unification’

OLD MAN you need to learn to read history books and use your brains. China didn't want to get involved in the Korean mess, but Kim went to Stalin for assistance. Stalin only agreed if China would provide assistance and Mao did gave Kim his support but the Russians already made it clear they will not send troops to fight the war. On the other hand PRC was planning to invade Taiwan but had to abort it because the US was helping South Korea and the North couldn't handle it. Instead going after Taiwan, the PLA went to help the North and we pushed you guys back until a stalemate was reached. The PLA and North Korea didn't have modern weapons back then and were under equipped therefore suffered high number of casualties. Even then you guys couldn't beat us, and your lousy general wanted to use atomic weapons against the ill equipped PLA and North Korea.

After the war has ended for a while North Korea did ask Mao for help in launching an invasion but this time China refused to help because the price would be too high and we rather focus on development.

As for the Yugoslavia, Yeltsin wasn't pleased the US and NATO went waging war against his ally but didn't do anything because 1 USSR had collapsed, Russian economy was in deep sh!t and Yeltsin was known to be PRO WEST.

Fast forward to 2008, this time the real Russian bear taught Georgia a lesson and NATO/US didn't dare mess with a stronger Russia.

Same with Syria when the US was so eager to bomb the country back to stone age Putin intervened, came up with a diplomatic solution and the world saw how Russia could prevent another senseless war waged by the Americans.

Last year North Korea conducted another nuclear test and the US's reaction was sending stealth bombers and preparing to strike their facilities. Now this time China warned the US not to cause trouble in our doorstep, news spread quickly PLA was heading to the borders and Kerry made the announcement that the US might have provoked North Korea LOL.

I do not have to tell you what happened recently regarding Crimea, as the world knows the US ain't going to war with Russia.

Make no mistake, the reason why China hasn't invaded Taiwan is because we are still developing and modernizing. We prefer peace and peaceful unification. If the student protests reflects Taiwan's future outlook then we can say Taiwan simply does not wish for joining the Mainland. We know the US will intervene, the US made that clear in 1996 during the Third Taiwan Strait Crisis. This is why we have modernized at a rapid pace and in the near future you guys won't want to repeat what Clinton did.

You said said it right out of your mouth. China didn't want to deal with the Korean mess yet Mao gave approval for North Korea's invasion of South Korea along with Stalin even though China did not want to intervene until North Korea was LOSING! And even when Russia's economy was in shambles, you think Russia would scared the West from attacking Serbia with its nuclear umbrella? Hmmm...

You can modernize all you want but in the end we will still intervene in Taiwan. Same as South Korea if you are stupid to try again.

I just rephrased it for you. I guess, you just couldn't figure out where the food goes in and where it goes out. You had it all backwards, Oldie.

You rephrase my own words, must be something I said that pissed you off. Its okay buddy. If you can't counter my argument, don't need to change my words to state the truth.

You said said it right out of your mouth. China didn't want to deal with the Korean mess yet Mao gave approval for North Korea's invasion of South Korea along with Stalin even though China did not want to intervene until North Korea was LOSING! And even when Russia's economy was in shambles, you think Russia would scared the West from attacking Serbia with its nuclear umbrella? Hmmm...

You can modernize all you want but in the end we will still intervene in Taiwan. Same as South Korea if you are stupid to try again.

Do you know why the North was losing? Because AMERICAN INTERVENED. Now tell me what right does AMERICA have to meddle the unification between the North and the South? China only responded because America got themselves involved in the war in the first place you dumb trash.

Don't worry our muscles will grow so much you Americans don't dare to intervene just as the US has already shown us because i gave you a few examples of what would have happened if the US didn't back off WHICH THEY DID. BACKED OFF bombing North Korea after their nuclear test, BACKED OFF GEORGIA, BACKED OFF SYRIA, BACKED OFF CRIMEA.

And no China did not invade South Korea, we only helped the North because they couldn't win plus we have enough reasons to believe you guys would invade China after taking the North.

Go brainwash your patriotic Americans old man. The root of the problem was caused by none other than USA just as with Diaoyu.

You rephrase my own words, must be something I said that pissed you off. Its okay buddy. If you can't counter my argument, don't need to change my words to state the truth.
Talk is cheap. You can count on us and Russia to engage with you over our core interest. If nuclear war is the result, so be it. Our PLA already accepted this fate and warned the US before. Get ready for nuclear war or stop talking. We're READY!

Say Goodbye to Taiwan
From the

|
February 25, 2014
Thus, there is little doubt as to how American policy makers will react if China attempts to dominate Asia. The United States can be expected to go to great lengths to contain China and ultimately weaken it to the point where it is no longer capable of ruling the roost in Asia. In essence, the United States is likely to behave toward China much the way it acted toward the Soviet Union during the Cold War.

China’s neighbors are certain to fear its rise as well, and they too will do whatever they can to prevent it from achieving regional hegemony. Indeed, there is already substantial evidence that countries like India, Japan and Russia as well as smaller powers like Singapore, South Korea and Vietnam are worried about China’s ascendancy and are looking for ways to contain it. In the end, they will join an American-led balancing coalition to check China’s rise, much the way Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and even China joined forces with the United States to contain the Soviet Union during the Cold War.

How does Taiwan fit into this story? The United States has a rich history of close relations with Taiwan since the early days of the Cold War, when the Nationalist forces under Chiang Kai-shek retreated to the island from the Chinese mainland. However, Washington is not obliged by treaty to come to the defense of Taiwan if it is attacked by China or anyone else.

Regardless, the United States will have powerful incentives to make Taiwan an important player in its anti-China balancing coalition. First, as noted, Taiwan has significant economic and military resources and it is effectively a giant aircraft carrier that can be used to help control the waters close to China’s all-important eastern coast. The United States will surely want Taiwan’s assets on its side of the strategic balance, not on China’s side.

Second, America’s commitment to Taiwan is inextricably bound up with U.S. credibility in the region, which matters greatly to policy makers in Washington. Because the United States is located roughly six thousand miles from East Asia, it has to work hard to convince its Asian allies—especially Japan and South Korea—that it will back them up in the event they are threatened by China or North Korea. Importantly, it has to convince Seoul and Tokyo that they can rely on the American nuclear umbrella to protect them. This is the thorny problem of extended deterrence, which the United States and its allies wrestled with throughout the Cold War.

If the United States were to sever its military ties with Taiwan or fail to defend it in a crisis with China, that would surely send a strong signal to America’s other allies in the region that they cannot rely on the United States for protection. Policy makers in Washington will go to great lengths to avoid that outcome and instead maintain America’s reputation as a reliable partner. This means they will be inclined to back Taiwan no matter what.

While the United States has good reasons to want Taiwan as part of the balancing coalition it will build against China, there are also reasons to think this relationship is not sustainable over the long term. For starters, at some point in the next decade or so it will become impossible for the United States to help Taiwan defend itself against a Chinese attack. Remember that we are talking about a China with much more military capability than it has today.

In addition, geography works in China’s favor in a major way, simply because Taiwan is so close to the Chinese mainland and so far away from the United States. When it comes to a competition between China and the United States over projecting military power into Taiwan, China wins hands down. Furthermore, in a fight over Taiwan, American policy makers would surely be reluctant to launch major attacks against Chinese forces on the mainland, for fear they might precipitate nuclear escalation. This reticence would also work to China’s advantage.

One might argue that there is a simple way to deal with the fact that Taiwan will not have an effective conventional deterrent against China in the not-too-distant future: put America’s nuclear umbrella over Taiwan. This approach will not solve the problem, however, because the United States is not going to escalate to the nuclear level if Taiwan is being overrun by China. The stakes are not high enough to risk a general thermonuclear war. Taiwan is not Japan or even South Korea. Thus, the smart strategy for America is to not even try to extend its nuclear deterrent over Taiwan.

There is a second reason the United States might eventually forsake Taiwan: it is an especially dangerous flashpoint, which could easily precipitate a Sino-American war that is not in America’s interest. U.S. policy makers understand that the fate of Taiwan is a matter of great concern to Chinese of all persuasions and that they will be extremely angry if it looks like the United States is preventing unification. But that is exactly what Washington will be doing if it forms a close military alliance with Taiwan, and that point will not be lost on the Chinese people.

It is important to note in this regard that Chinese nationalism, which is a potent force, emphasizes how great powers like the United States humiliated China in the past when it was weak and appropriated Chinese territory like Hong Kong and Taiwan. Thus, it is not difficult to imagine crises breaking out over Taiwan or scenarios in which a crisis escalates into a shooting war. After all, Chinese nationalism will surely be a force for trouble in those crises, and China will at some point have the military wherewithal to conquer Taiwan, which will make war even more likely.

You don't even need anyone to piss you off for posting crap, you'd do it for free. haha..... You should first try figuring out which part of the body you shove the burgers in. I sincerely hope at least you'll get it right this time.
With regards to the Korean war, can you tell me which country first intervened in the war, besides the two Koreas? Give me this fact first, before we continue.

You don't even need anyone to piss you off for posting crap, you'd do it for free. haha..... You should first try figuring out which part of the body you shove the burgers in. I sincerely hope at least you'll get it right this time.
With regards to the Korean war, can you tell me which country first intervened in the war, besides the two Koreas? Give me this fact first, before we continue.

Very true, now i don't know what kind of history they teach over there but this guy has some serious issues regarding what really happened. He sure has something in common with Indians depicting China as the aggressor and twitching history.

Here's another lesson for you old man.
After WW2, Koreans should have gained their country back but since Americans and Russians had some issues they divided into 2 parts. Koreans ofcourse weren't happy why their country had to split into half. The North wanted to hold elections throughout the whole Korea but things escalated when the South threw the messengers from the North into jail. Later on Kim went to Stalin for support, the Russians gave their blessings to Kim only if China was willing to help. The Russians didn't want to fight the damn war and made clear to Kim he's not gonna send troops to help the North. Mao ofcourse did support a united Korea, afterall it's their country why split it in half and PRC was busy planning an invasion getting Taiwan back. Mao did warn the US not to get involved in the unification war between the Koreans, but the Americans didn't listen and were the first to intervene. The North did not stand a chance and China was forced to assist the North and aborted the Taiwan mission. The PLA and the North did not have fancy weapons and machinery and just went in to fight pushing the Americans and their allies all the way back to the South.
Our sides suffered heavy losses because we were backward but still our human wave tactic scared the sh!t out of the Americans and General McArthur even suggested to use Atomic weapons on us. Apparently our backward forces were scary enough for him to suggest this madness. In the end both sides couldn't advance and a stalemate was reached. After negotiation both agreed ceasefire, the PLA withdrew and went back home whereas the US kept on staying to this day.

The old dude need to get this straight, the Russians already didn't want to get involved in the war. China agreed to assist if necessary and warned the US not to get involved as well. Let the Koreans sort it out and unite both parts back into one country. The US did not listen and entered the war as an outsider period.

Back in those days we were some backward army, now we are one f*cking powerful force that's why the US backed off and didn't bomb North Korean nuclear facilities after sending stealth bombers all the way trying to intimidate the fat little guy. If the US launched the attack first the North had legitimate reason to restart the Korean War and China would be once again forced into this bloody mess. The US didn't want to face the powerful PLA and the US changed their aggressive stance to de-escalating the intense situation. Better believe it after Iraq and Afghanistan the US does not have the appetite to face one of the strongest powers on Earth. The advanced PLA, and the human wave attack by the backward North Koreans should be enough to get the South back. I'm sure Americans and South Koreans are well aware of this so in the end they didn't do shit. This will be the same if China has to use force to get Taiwan back, unless the US wants to risk everything for just a small island and throw away the economic ties America and China has built.

Indeed give me the fact as to which side in the Korean war started first? And tell who the country's supporters are. Please do tell me...:-)

Do you know why the North was losing? Because AMERICAN INTERVENED. Now tell me what right does AMERICA have to meddle the unification between the North and the South? China only responded because America got themselves involved in the war in the first place you dumb trash.

Don't worry our muscles will grow so much you Americans don't dare to intervene just as the US has already shown us because i gave you a few examples of what would have happened if the US didn't back off WHICH THEY DID. BACKED OFF bombing North Korea after their nuclear test, BACKED OFF GEORGIA, BACKED OFF SYRIA, BACKED OFF CRIMEA.

And no China did not invade South Korea, we only helped the North because they couldn't win plus we have enough reasons to believe you guys would invade China after taking the North.

Go brainwash your patriotic Americans old man. The root of the problem was caused by none other than USA just as with Diaoyu.

Stop with the name calling, Jesus. People who does those things usually wrong when they have nothing else to say.

Besides we meddled because the Chinese and the Soviets meddled by encouraging North Korea to invade in the first place. So don't be talking all this BS stuff.

Last edited:
Guys, don't listen to this American friend, Oldman1. He doesn't know history very well and geopolitical interest to him is simple as black and white. Fact is recently Xi spent hours talking with Obama and a deal, I believe, is broken between respecting each others core interests. Our core interests remain Taiwan, Xinjiang, and Tibet. We are trying very hard to negotiate with our American friend that we want to add South China Sea into our core interest, in respect, we will recognize US's Asia pivot interest. A deal will be reach eventually and major powers do not over-cross core interest boundary. This is why I can assure you all that the US will not risk losing Western part of the USA over Taiwan just as we have promise and ready to lose half of Eastern China in order to keep our core interests intact.

Indeed give me the fact as to which side in the Korean war started first? And tell who the country's supporters are. Please do tell me...:-)
What!!!!!!??? Are you out of your mind? Why do you care who the hell started the damn war?
You seem to have a slight comprehension capability over here.
When two countries are at war, is it your birthright to judge who is right and who is wrong? Just because you believe what is right doesn't make things right! Today, the two Koreas could have been a united Korea, if not for the long nose which stretches around the world three times. Do you get it, yet? Or is your feeble brain still spinning?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom