What's new

Say Goodbye to ‘Peaceful Unification’

^
Interesting to see brazen Chinese racism out in the open :coffee:

Yeah i know what you mean, but for the greater cause (a unified China) sacrifices have to be made just like with our past dynasties.
I agree. Sacrifice is needed to keep our ancestor unity,

Gotta remember, this is a military forum. Economics play a great role in real-world calculations....we are here to discuss the military side. On that note....if Taiwan can hold off China for two weeks....they will win. But can they?

How can they win holding it for 2 weeks? what rule of thumb or calculations and method did you use to draw the conclusion?

The OP is a mourner in the same rank as g chang, mx pei - well qualified to form a band standing to play at mortuary parlours

a sizeable portion of the article is used to describe the involvement and the background of a Taiwanese mafia while in the same congregation lining up to fight against the students' demonstrations, there are many other civilians as shown on TV yesterday

It is a dirty plot used by the green camp to set up a catch-22 situation for Ma whose intention is genuine. He wants to jumpstart the stagnant Taiwanese economy and to create jobs

If I remember correctly, the Mainland has given Taiwan 65 areas of favourable trade terms while receiving 55 back

The green camp has no card to play even if they win the next presidential election. They have reached the edge of a cliff. Next they will jump into the abyss bringing along the whole fortune of Taiwan with them

Under the right leader we can take Taiwan under 24 hours.

There is nothing in the Taiwanese military that even remotely bothers us.

US can have all the treaties it wants but when the shots are being fired, they don't want any piece of the PLA especially after the hammering the US military got at the hands of the PLA in Korea when we were 100 times weaker .

Don't ever underestimate the will of communists in warfare. Indians should know this better than anyone after the humiliation you experienced at the hands of the PLA.

Nope, most are finished goods.

We can easily replace them with our own components. The processing trade is less than 30% of our trade.

We have the money and talent to replace any technology including from the Yankees.

After the Korean war you Chinese don't want to try again to invade South Korea since it still exists. Even just roughly 20k American personnel is enough to deter any Chinese aggression as well as North Korean aggression. Same as invading Taiwan. Whats stopping the Chinese from invading it? Perhaps in response to the Korean war has shown America's will to intervene. And you can try to point out that we didn't intervene in Ukraine because we were scared. I could say the same for Russia not intervening in protecting Serbia from being bombed because they are scared.

precisely what I have asked for, in many a polite words. for now, all china can do is publish a few angry articles
What else should we do?

They are not declaring independence. Fire rains of missile just because of some students movement? Actually, I would like to see these kind of conflicts keep going in Taiwan. For the recent 10 years they have fallen in useless and endless debates. There were four little dragons in Asia. Look it now, Taiwan is a mess, because of these nonsense political conflicts.

After the Korean war you Chinese don't want to try again to invade South Korea since it still exists. Even just roughly 20k American personnel is enough to deter any Chinese aggression as well as North Korean aggression. Same as invading Taiwan. Whats stopping the Chinese from invading it? Perhaps in response to the Korean war has shown America's will to intervene. And you can try to point out that we didn't intervene in Ukraine because we were scared. I could say the same for Russia not intervening in protecting Serbia from being bombed because they are scared.

OLD MAN you need to learn to read history books and use your brains. China didn't want to get involved in the Korean mess, but Kim went to Stalin for assistance. Stalin only agreed if China would provide assistance and Mao did gave Kim his support but the Russians already made it clear they will not send troops to fight the war. On the other hand PRC was planning to invade Taiwan but had to abort it because the US was helping South Korea and the North couldn't handle it. Instead going after Taiwan, the PLA went to help the North and we pushed you guys back until a stalemate was reached. The PLA and North Korea didn't have modern weapons back then and were under equipped therefore suffered high number of casualties. Even then you guys couldn't beat us, and your lousy general wanted to use atomic weapons against the ill equipped PLA and North Korea.

After the war has ended for a while North Korea did ask Mao for help in launching an invasion but this time China refused to help because the price would be too high and we rather focus on development.

As for the Yugoslavia, Yeltsin wasn't pleased the US and NATO went waging war against his ally but didn't do anything because 1 USSR had collapsed, Russian economy was in deep sh!t and Yeltsin was known to be PRO WEST.

Fast forward to 2008, this time the real Russian bear taught Georgia a lesson and NATO/US didn't dare mess with a stronger Russia.

Same with Syria when the US was so eager to bomb the country back to stone age Putin intervened, came up with a diplomatic solution and the world saw how Russia could prevent another senseless war waged by the Americans.

Last year North Korea conducted another nuclear test and the US's reaction was sending stealth bombers and preparing to strike their facilities. Now this time China warned the US not to cause trouble in our doorstep, news spread quickly PLA was heading to the borders and Kerry made the announcement that the US might have provoked North Korea LOL.

I do not have to tell you what happened recently regarding Crimea, as the world knows the US ain't going to war with Russia.

Make no mistake, the reason why China hasn't invaded Taiwan is because we are still developing and modernizing. We prefer peace and peaceful unification. If the student protests reflects Taiwan's future outlook then we can say Taiwan simply does not wish for joining the Mainland. We know the US will intervene, the US made that clear in 1996 during the Third Taiwan Strait Crisis. This is why we have modernized at a rapid pace and in the near future you guys won't want to repeat what Clinton did.

After the Korean war you Americans don't want to try again to invade North Korea since it still exists. Even just roughly 20k Chinese personnel is enough to deter any American aggression as well as South Korean aggression. Whats stopping the Americans from invading it? Perhaps in response to the Korean war has shown China's will to intervene. And you can try to point out that we didn't intervene in Ukraine because we were scared. I could say the same for Russia not intervening in protecting Serbia from being bombed because they are scared.
I just rephrased it for you. I guess, you just couldn't figure out where the food goes in and where it goes out. You had it all backwards, Oldie.

Make sure you don't leave the island when you get showered by our missiles

Like in most wars, the people who instigators are the first to leave, just like some of my Taiwanese friends. they immigrated to the west in order to not have to do military training and possible war with mainland. Yet they are eligible to vote and voted DPP.

this shouldn't really come as a surprise, the HK experiment has been a lesson for Taiwanese what's in store if they give in. status-quo is the best option for the foreseeable future.

I thought you are sitting on the floor with the stupid students with ill-intents
what are you doing here cheerleader?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom