What's new

Saudisation of Pakisan

Deal with the 'misgovernance' & everything else will follow from there.

Deal with Islam-ism and everything will follow - or are you having a problem comprehending that? Simply review your posts, from agreeing that Taliban need to be saved, "re-educated" in other words more Islam, this time, "true" Islam - is this not so? To Hijab and beard - but these are all symptoms misgovernance?

I understand that emotionally, it's difficult for you to accept that Islamism has been a bust - but we must deal with that reality. I think that some in policy circles have concluded that the Pakistani public are slow learners, they will allow Tali and religious extremism to continue to harm society, and if society wants action, it is only then that they will act, this is a reckless policy.

Manhoos I have a life as well.... while chitty chatting with you, I'm also doing 10 other things... :blink:

As if I want to do that ! Every time we have a conversation about one of these issues, you slither away somewhere on the pretense of having dinner with someone or giving a massage to one of your male friends, only to be back to square one the very next day ! :hitwall:

I find it difficult to make sense of such an incoherent post ! But I'm assuming that you're saying that there is a problem & that problem is 'Islam' in one way or the other even if it be because of 'Misgovernance' !

I disagree ! Misgovernance may take its form in a myriad ways one of them is the use & abuse of Islam just as we've seen the use & abuse of ethnicity, language & traditions (culture) in the past.

Deal with the 'misgovernance' & everything else will follow from there.

Deal with Islam-ism and everything will follow - or are having a problem comprehending that? Simply review your posts, from agreeing that Taliban need to be saved, "re-educated" in other more Islam, this time, "true" Islam - is this not so? To Hijab and beard - but these are all symptoms misgovernance?

I understand that emotionally, it's difficult for you to accept that Islamism has been a bust - but we must deal with that reality. I think that some in policy circles have concluded that the Pakistani public are slow learners, they will allow Tali and religious extremism to continue to harm society, and if society wants action, it is only then that they will act, this is a reckless policy.

Pray tell me in which post of mine did I advocate the saving of the Taliban or even talked about the Hijab or the Beard ? Rehabilitation ? Yes....the Army seems to be doing that in some of its centersbut Saving them....thats a rather bold attempt at putting words in my mouth !

Likewise I understand that you're trying ever so hard to see 'Islam' or 'Islamism', as you call it, the 'bust', but you're going to have to forgive me for I don't see it thus !

I understand that you're trying ever so hard to see 'Islam' or 'Islamism', as you call it, the 'bust', but you're going to have to forgive me for I don't see it thus !

I think we're done - thank you for your patience.

@Hyperion : I think @muse thinks I'm some sort of a Jamat-i-Islami meets Shariah for England Taliban sympathizer ! :cray:

Bataaa issskkooo who His Magnificence Armstrong the Butt is ! :azn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, fair enough, so please explain why your posts have been about Islam??

look friends, I asked whether Islam was the problem, you all agree that it was - now Armstrong realizes the position he has put himself in and says it's governance - in other words the answer to mismanagement is, yes, you guessed it, Islam or is it IslamISM.

Both Armstrong and Develepero agree that "Virus" is not complementary - now if we said armed Democrats were attacking the state and the nation, or that armed communists were and were spreading their message with assistance of foreign funding, h might they respond??

Hyperion says it's not the 90's - as if the solutions are necessarily time bound

Our solution will come form how we choose to define the problem - clearly defining the problem as Islam is going to be problematic - Would defining the problem as Islamism also be problematic?? Yes it is a trick question

Because I'm persuaded that some will object strongly to describing the problem as Islam-ISM, they see no distinction between Islam and Isam-Ism - and therefore the need to save 16 year old bombers and assassins - redemption for all, noble indeed.

Now if you want to avoid the case of the problem and focus on governance, sure - even then you will begin and end with Islam - see Khialfat thread -- It's reckoning and we can't keep running from it indefinitely - resolve to finish this war and fight it - if they give up, great, they won't escape justice, that must be a given - it would mean blood letting -- so what do you think we have had up till now? 40K cilians killed more than 5 soldiers, more Pakistanis killed than in India Pak wars.

But how is it problematic?
For eg, if we toe the line of the very radicals and blame democracy for all Ills in Pakistan.. it may come out that way for the past 5 years.. corrupt to the core.. and generally mismanaging everything. But is it really democracy in its mature form? should we blame this half-hearted effort? Should democracy or any system be blamed if it has been implemented incorrectly?

Therein lies another question; If Islam as a system is so perfect.. then why is it that it has failed so miserably in the past 200 years to produce anything fruitful in terms of a governance system?
But has it really been a system based on Islam at all??

Well, arguments for that would suggest that wherever these "Islamic" systems have been implemented there have been clergy involved in drafting the laws and such which kings and rulers implemented. Who were these clergymen?
If what is called Political Islam(Distinction must be made between Faith and religion) is taken into account.. then the manipulation of religious thought began as early as 700AD.
If the last 100 years is taken into account.. then many of these gentlemen were rebels to their own schools of thought.
So much so , that there is enough in-coherent thought in many of these laws that they may be considered separate religions entirely.
Now if all of these gentlemen can be considered as interpreting Scripture(the Quran,the Hadiath etc). then all of them can be considered as representations of Islam?
That is the question for the topic.

Now off topic.

I found during my studies that many of these interpreters took the exact meaning(as it should be as well) of the verses and did not go beyond that. While that is imperative that you take the exact Arabic word for word meanings... it is also imperative that you then dwell upon those. Where was the verse revealed or hadiath/sunnah recorded? What time? what conditions? What event? (YES, all this information exists and if verified through thousands of references). Moreover, what was the narration in which this verse was included?

If one was to simply take statements at only face value , picking them out bit by bit.. then the Quran becomes completely contradictory. Yet , these contradictions have been taken as it is by these implementer and rather disappointingly .. no intelligence used in its interpretation. So should I accept this as correct interpretation or consider this a prime example of Islam?

However, the enigma I face is that what I defend is the very material that has been used to create chaos. So have I (based on Imam Abu-hanifa's school of thought) reached the right interpretation or have they?
In this case, the argument goes to the one who is able to utter their views out the most times.. and clearly.. the people hyperion calls out utter a lot more than I do.

@Oscar - What are your thoughts on Javed Ahmed Ghamidi ? :what:

I agree with the caption entirely. but at the same time.. these Madaris are not representative of the schools they claim to be descendants of. There was a lot more taught at Madressas.. than just Quran by a single half educated Mullah.
Sir Syed Ahmed Khan did a lot of good things, but at the same time he dealt a blow to this system of education..
Madressas had schools of science,Medicine, philosophy etc which were taught by well trained teachers..
By introducing a parallel system(and in part the reluctance of these Scholars to associate with the British) , this system of regulated teaching of Islam was withered away.. and gave rise to the current disbanded ideas.

@Oscar - What are your thoughts on Javed Ahmed Ghamidi ? :what:

Agree with him in some cases, in other not.

But how is it problematic?
For eg, if we toe the line of the very radicals and blame democracy for all Ills in Pakistan.. it may come out that way for the past 5 years.. corrupt to the core.. and generally mismanaging everything. But is it really democracy in its mature form? should we blame this half-hearted effort? Should democracy or any system be blamed if it has been implemented incorrectly?

Therein lies another question; If Islam as a system is so perfect.. then why is it that it has failed so miserably in the past 200 years to produce anything fruitful in terms of a governance system?
But has it really been a system based on Islam at all??

Well, arguments for that would suggest that wherever these "Islamic" systems have been implemented there have been clergy involved in drafting the laws and such which kings and rulers implemented. Who were these clergymen?
If what is called Political Islam(Distinction must be made between Faith and religion) is taken into account.. then the manipulation of religious though began as early as 700AD.
If the last 100 years is taken into account.. then many of these gentlemen were rebels to their own schools of thought.
So much so , that there is enough in-coherent thought in many of these laws that they may be considered separate religions entirely.
Now if all of these gentlemen can be considered as interpreting Scripture(the Quran,the Hadiath etc). then all of them can be considered as representations of Islam?
That is the question for the topic.

To begin with, It's armed, insurrectionist, it's murderous, it has ended up killing more, well, you know the numbers better than I Do, It has become synonymous with terrorism, it is tearing our society apart .

To begin with, It's armed, insurrectionist, it's murderous, it has ended up killing more, well, you know the numbers better than I Do, It has become synonymous with terrorism, it is tearing our society apart .

Agreed..and so far all attempts to counter this "Islam" have failed? Is it not?
Perhaps the problem does not lie with trying to counter it with "secularism/modernism/westernism/baywatch".. as is proposed(after all, if that had worked than Turkey would have been "cleansed" of Islam)... but rather with its own form.
Fire with fire.

Perhaps the problem does not lie with trying to counter it with "secularism/modernism/westernism/baywatch".. as is proposed(after all, if that had worked than Turkey would have been "cleansed" of Islam)... but rather with its own form.
Fire with fire.

Or better yet try to understand why they did what they did & why do Taliban & their ilk end up with 16 year olds for cannon fodder - Change that perception in the minds of the people, take TTP's narrative from them & imbue them - the People - with genuine trust in their Leadership who aren't a bunch of corrupt to the core sell-outs ! There is so much that has compounded the situation whilst religious indoctrination by these madrassas is one part of a bigger jigsaw but not even the main thing.

It is easy in China's case. There is no "fear of God" in Mao's idealogy. There is neither judgment day nor the people meet the Mao on the judgment day after their death. So, people can change their ideas. In Pakistan, if you try to change them, then you are eveil and luring them away from God.

Fire with fire.

An absolutely remarkable post - just incredible! It's like saying perhaps we should stop trying to get good governance because lets face we we have not ever had it - you are usually a lot more careful crafting positions. Baywatch secularism?

I understand if some do not want the TTP confronted, but why the need to attack the very idea that can lead us to a pluralistic society?? You think AKP has the values that it does because it was born in a secular melieu?? Yes, a trick question?

Back
Top Bottom