What's new

Saudia, Bahrain, UAE & Egypt cut diplomatic ties with Qatar

That's rahi's wisdome, but Iranian politicians won't go by it!

@rahi2357 was always one of the few rare clever Iranian users here along with a few others such as @ResurgentIran and @kollang . Rest, with a few exceptions, are not worth your time to put it mildly.

To be honest, I don't see what other option Qatar has. They are just a tiny country of barely 2million people and that's made mostly of expats(over 80-90% of their entire population. Lol ), They are not a big muslim country like KSA, Iran or Turkey, so they can't sustain such a pressure from the Saudis and their vast network of allies , and Qatar doesn't have any strong allies either. The only one I can think of who might have taken their side is Turkey, but even Erdogan (a staunch muslim brotherhood supporter) has not taken Qatar's side or made any public remarks shooting Qatar against the Saudis, and even if he did offer support, therr is nothing much Turkey can do to help Qatar to be honest. Qatar is just too far away from Turkey(they lack any amphibious capabilities to defend the country from a Saudi onslaught in case things turn to the worse). Qatar's main hope was that Western powers(who are their main security guarantor and economic partner) might take their side which would have balanced Saudis actions and even forced the Saudi to the negotiatig table . However some of Qatar's actions goes even against western powers interests, so there is little hope western powers will take their side in this dispute.

So in this situation i believe, there is nothing Qatar can do other than back down and apologise(privately I suppose) to the Saudis. Which is why I believe their King made a statement denying he ever made the speech he was accuse of or of supporting the Islamist groups the Saudi s and Egyptians accuse them of supporting.

They have already given in. Clear signs of this. They have no options.

Well if invasion or some sort of military annexiation in GCC is the best thing to happen for that region... But after Qatar they should take every other one around including UAE /kuwait/bahrain/oman/Yemen... . At least they will have one center of power and therefore some sort of One voice unity and stability over the long run... Now let's see if each kings around the block is willing to sacrifice their golden toilets and shower...

That will happen eventually brother. However it won't happen with the current rulers in place but they are just a few dynasties out of 100's upon of 100's of past Arab dynasties in the Islamic era alone let alone a similar number during the pre-Islamic era among them the oldest known dynasties and rulers in the world. Time will take its due and natural course once again.

RT America
Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Bahrain, Yemen and the UAE have all severed diplomatic ties with their regional neighbor Qatar, accusing the state of sponsoring international terrorism. RT's Yulia Shapovalova has the story.

Next Step -Invasion? Why Saudi Arabia Moved to Cut Ties With Qatar
© AFP 2017/ KHALED AL-SAYYED
MIDDLE EAST
04:51 06.06.2017(updated 04:55 06.06.2017) Get short URL
Topic:
Persian Gulf Disarray: Arab States Sever Relations With Qatar (49)
A think tank head has told Sputnik that Saudi Arabia had severed the diplomatic ties with Qatar in preparation for a full-scale invasion of its neighboring country.

1054319220.jpg

CC BY 2.0 / FRANCISCO ANZOLA / DOHA SKYLINE
UAE: Qatar Must Form 'Road Map With Guarantees' to Restore Ties With Arab States
WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — Saudi Arabia’s decision to cut off all ties with the Persian Gulf state of Qatar may be a prelude to invading the small and wealthy emirate and seizing its wealth, Institute for Gulf Affairs Founder and Director Professor Ali al-Ahmed told Sputnik.

"I project the invasion of Qatar… I have received reports of Saudi military movements near the Qatari border," al-Ahmed said on Monday. "The Saudis: They are preparing."

Al-Ahmed warned that a full-scale invasion of Qatar could occur much sooner than anyone anticipated.

"Check on the frequency of bombings in Yemen… A key sign will be if there is a cessation or major reduction in the number of Saudi air strikes being conducted against the rebel forces in Yemen. That would indicate the Saudis are massing their forces for a sudden move against Qatar instead," al-Ahmed stated.
1051552583.jpg

© SPUTNIK/ ANDREY STENIN
Egypt Creates Gov't Board to Monitor Situation After Cutting Ties With Qatar
President Donald Trump and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who had close ties with the Saudi royal family during his 15 years as Chairman and CEO of Exxon, would both tacitly support the Saudi invasion of Qatar, al-Ahmed claimed.

"I have it on good authority that Trump has already told the Saudis he would have no objection," he said.

If the Saudis invaded Qatar, they would also be strongly supported by Egypt and the United Arab Emirates, especially the Kingdom of Bahrain which hosts the US Fifth Fleet in the Persian Gulf, al-Ahmed stated.

"The Saudis are very angry with the Qataris… The Saudis won’t ever let Yemen have its independence… Bahrain hates Qatar," he noted.

Saudi Arabia’s leaders were determined to reduce Qatar to becoming a subservient satellite of Riyadh and reduced to servile dependence like the current government in Yemen, al-Ahmed explained.

"The Saudis have two goals: First, to get Qatar into a subservient relationship that is comparable to slave labor. There are to be no half measures. Second, the Saudis are eyeing the massive Qatari reserves of cash. They want it," he said.
1054316757.jpg

© REUTERS/ FADI AL-ASSAAD
Washington 'May Very Well Join Riyadh's Anti-Qatar Club if Doha Doesn't Behave'
The current Saudi leadership was reverting to the principles of robbery and piracy by which the nation’s father, King Abdelaziz ibn Saud created the Desert Kingdom more than a century ago, al-Ahmed pointed out.

"Saudi Arabia was a state founded on the principle of robbery and looting. That is what the al-Saud originally were: They were desert raiders and looters. They were desert pirates. Now they desperately need money again," he stated.

President Donald Trump had made clear to the Saudis he expected them to pay far larger sums directly and indirectly to the United States to finance their defense, increasing the fiscal burdens on Riyadh, al-Ahmed observed.

"The Saudis need money right and left. Now Trump has made new financial demands on them: They will run out of money. With all those commitments they are desperate for fresh infusions of cash," he said.

The Saudis remained determined to have a leadership in Qatar that is totally submissive to them, al-Ahmed concluded.
https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201706061054344186-saudi-arabia-qatar-invasion/

RT, Sputnik and Al-Ahmed in action. What a beautiful combination of retards and foreigners are reading and sharing such propaganda. This explains much. However I would not mind such an invasion really. Let's do a Crimea, lol.

Last edited:
Well if invasion or some sort of military annexiation in GCC is the best thing to happen for that region... But after Qatar they should take every other one around including UAE /kuwait/bahrain/oman/Yemen... . At least they will have one center of power and therefore some sort of One voice unity and stability over the long run... Now let's see if each kings around the block is willing to sacrifice their golden toilets and shower...

Sadaam tried that after getting "assurance" from the American ambassador, end up hanging on the gallows. I dont think house of Saud is that stupid to go that line willingly into the trap and getting democracy in return via F16, F18s and stealth bombers.

Sadaam tried that after getting "assurance" from the American ambassador, end up hanging on the gallows. I dont think house of Saud is that stupid to go that line willingly into the trap and getting democracy in return via F16, F18s and stealth bombers.

KSA is not Saddam Hussein and Iraq. Secondly it won't be done through military invasions but through the GCC with will evolve further politically, economically, militarily etc. and eventually create a large and powerful federal state of which KSA will be the leader of de facto like it already is. A country like Qatar, with a native population of 200.000 (which is laughable for Arab standards), cannot sustain itself on the long run. Without the gas reserves Qataris would have been begging to become a part of KSA again. There is no long-term future for those small GCC states and especially not if they don't reform politically. Native Qataris for instance are outnumbered by a ratio of 10 to expats (Arab and non-Arab) expats. Even if Qatar wanted to become a regional power and reform, they don't have the manpower to do that or to sustain it. No industries, no agriculture of note and always in the shadows of its larger neighbors.

Qatar is a 45 year old country. For almost the entire Islamic history (1400 years) and millennia upon millennia of pre-Islamic history what is today Qatar was part of civilizations, empires, kingdoms etc. native to and based in KSA. Which is also why it is no surprise that 95% of all Qataris are originally from KSA, including the ruling Al-Thani family, and moreover most of the Qataris are fairly recent migrants to what is today Qatar. 8-9 generations at most.

Last edited:
What is your opinion on this issue? What do you think is actually happening?
I think Qatar has too much political ambitions for tiny piny state (only 300 K citizens).

Saudis and Qatar is were together aiding ISIS and AlNusra
They did not.

to finally build that Qatar-KSA-Jordan-Syria-Turkey natural-gas pipeline to Europe.
It's Iran who planned a natural gas pipeline to Europe through Syria:

http://www.energy-daily.com/reports/Iran_Starts_Building_Persian_Pipeline_999.html

And what actually is Muslim Brotherhood and how come Saudis are against it??
MB is pan Islamic movement. They object secular leaders and monarchies as collaborators of the West (except Qatari with biggest US base in ME :lol:).

KSA is not Saddam Hussein and Iraq. Secondly it won't be done through military invasions but through the GCC with will evolve further politically, economically, militarily etc. and eventually create a large and powerful federal state of which KSA will be the leader of de facto like it already is. A country like Qatar, with a native population of 200.000 (which is laughable for Arab standards), cannot sustain itself on the long run. Without the gas reserves Qataris would have been begging to become a part of KSA again. There are no future for those small GCC states and especially not if they don't reform politically. Native Qataris for instance are outnumbered by a ratio of 10 to expats (Arab and non-Arab) expats.

Well having a GCC under KSA rule...will not be better... those roayl families is a cancer to eveyone around... They do not work for the ppl but they are working to stay in power as long as possible...and whatever choice (good or bad) they are taking...
As for the little states... few of them have better political and stability sys than KSA... like UAE/Kuwait and Oman per exemple. (compared to KSA ofc)
ANd last if KSA invade othe GCC... by "force" without the consent of the other... be assured that UAE will not be an angel... let alon Yemen... (till this day it's already hard)

ps: the number of pop does not define your power...

Assad, Ghaddafi, Al-Sisi, Hamad, Salman, Muhammad ibn zayd, even some of the presidents share mutual hatred and disagreements with each other, but they all agree on one thing. Qatar situation with Arab states and especially GCC is not new, it date back to 2011 and further. nothing could be done at this moment except for harsh measurement and open critical stand. hopefully everything will back to normal, and Qatar essential focus would be directed towards the development and infrastructure of the state instead. and in the end both populations are brothers "tied" By blood and nothing will change that.

Last edited:
Well having a GCC under KSA rule...will not be better... those roayl families is a cancer to eveyone around... They do not work for the ppl but they are working to stay in power as long as possible...and whatever choice (good or bad) they are taking...
As for the little states... few of them have better political and stability sys than KSA... like UAE/Kuwait and Oman per exemple. (compared to KSA ofc)
ANd last if KSA invade othe GCC... by "force" without the consent of the other... be assured that UAE will not be an angel... let alon Yemen... (till this day it's already hard)

Let's get something straight. None of the current Muslim rulers in the region are worth much. However history always showed that it was the strongest party who lead by example regardless of who it was and what system they ruled by. That country is KSA today and it is unlikely to change in the near future. The only "rival" here is Egypt.

You are wrong. The monarchies of the GCC are doing more for their people, which all objective data and the living standards of the people in the GCC, also confirm. However they do go by other rules that elected regimes don't however the truly elected regimes in the region can be counted on 1 hand. So that is the current reality that we and the region are living in and dare I say wider Muslim and developing world.

Kuwait and political stability? Really? Sorry but that has to be a joke as Kuwait is the perfect example of political chaos in the region. I honestly don't see any difference between KSA and UAE which are two of the most influential GCC states and biggest economies. As for Oman, it had a 13 year long civil war between 1963-1976.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhofar_Rebellion

12.000 casualties. Not a huge number but not insignificant.

KSA never had anything remotely similar. Our "worst" time was in the early 2000's when Al-Qaeda were doing terrorist attacks in the country. Al-Awamiyah currently (20.000 big village) is another hotspot and afterwards the heavily mountainous Saudi Arabian-Yemeni border. Other than that not much.

Read post 610 again. No talk of any invasion. This is not a computer game.

Last edited:
....ANd last if KSA invade othe GCC... by "force" without the consent of the other... be assured that UAE will not be an angel... let alon Yemen... (till this day it's already hard)ps: the number of pop does not define your power...

How about you just take a short nap and give us the next theory when you wake up?

KSA is not Saddam Hussein and Iraq. Secondly it won't be done through military invasions but through the GCC with will evolve further politically, economically, militarily etc. and eventually create a large and powerful federal state of which KSA will be the leader of de facto like it already is. A country like Qatar, with a native population of 200.000 (which is laughable for Arab standards), cannot sustain itself on the long run. Without the gas reserves Qataris would have been begging to become a part of KSA again. There is no long-term future for those small GCC states and especially not if they don't reform politically. Native Qataris for instance are outnumbered by a ratio of 10 to expats (Arab and non-Arab) expats. Even if Qatar wanted to become a regional power and reform, they don't have the manpower to do that or to sustain it. No industries, no agriculture of note and always in the shadows of its larger neighbors.

Qatar is a 45 year old country. For almost the entire Islamic history (1400 years) and millennia upon millennia of pre-Islamic history what is today Qatar was part of civilizations, empires, kingdoms etc. native to and based in KSA. Which is also why it is no surprise that 95% of all Qataris are originally from KSA, including the ruling Al-Thani family, and moreover most of the Qataris are fairly recent migrants to what is today Qatar. 8-9 generations at most.

Now go back in history and replace Iraq with Saudi Arabia and Kuwait with Qatar. You will find almost the same comparison.

Anyone with slight common sense would know that all this happening right after Trump visit. Americans are definitely backing the Saudis to go on this misadventure, just like they did with Saddam's Iraq. The trap is laid. Do not fall for it and learn from history.

Removing Saddam

Qatar and Saudi, both Salafi Sheikhdom has so much in common than anyone else. How can Saudi expect to get along with others if she is not able get along with Qatar?

Not everyone in Saudi is that stupid. Problem is when you have a young Deputy Crowne Prince Salman, born in 1985, now holding the leverage of nation, through anything else rather than meritocracy, you see disaster.

My Indian friend, neither KSA nor Qatar are Sheikdoms. KSA is a kingdom while Qatar is a Emirate although they call themselves Dawlat Qatar (State of Qatar). No such thing as "Salafi" as you deem it. Qatar is almost exclusively Hanbali while KSA is the most indigenously diverse Muslim country in terms of sect following. Hanbalis in KSA are the dominant religious group but they are a minority and even a clear one. However in KSA, especially among the 85-90% Sunnis, we do not have any disagreements and I have no problem following Hanbalism as a Shafi'i by birth or the so-called "Salafi" ulama. We don't have this Deobandi, Barelvi etc. divide that you are familiar with. Even our Shias (Twelver, Zaydis and Ismailis) don't have such a rivalry because they don't live near each other. All those groups live in separate far away regions.

We get along fantastically fine with the 200.000 Qataris. They are our blood brothers and family. What is the problem/dispute here is related to certain Qatari policies and what is really the reason for such a action, we will not know today.

MbS has done more within a little over 1 year than most of his predecessors did in their entire periods. Saudi Vision 2030 alone was a masterpiece. As were the economic reforms which have been widely praised by IMF and everyone else. Necessary local reforms on numerous fronts have occurred as well. MbS is just what was needed. Not the opposite. And luckily more young people, royal as non-royal, are emerging replacing the old guard slowly but steadily. Dynamism is needed.

How about you just take a short nap and give us the next theory when you wake up?

Hannibal is a good user but he was wrong in that post and misunderstood what I wrote in post 610. No biggie.

Now go back in history and replace Iraq with Saudi Arabia and Kuwait with Qatar. You will find almost the same comparison.

Anyone with slight common sense would know that all this happening right after Trump visit. Americans are definitely backing the Saudis to go on this misadventure, just like they did with Saddam's Iraq. The trap is laid. Do not fall for it and learn from history.

KSA is not Saddam Hussein and Iraq. No such thing will occur. However I do understand your worries as we have seen many such examples in the Muslim world in the past decades.

MB is pan Islamic movement. They object secular leaders and monarchies as collaborators of the West (except Qatari with biggest US base in ME :lol:).
Lol That is what intrigues me. I have been trying hard to understand why Qatar(a Monarchy with largest U.S and to a lesser extent U.K military base in the region) and Turkey(a secular advanced muslim country) are supporting the MB. Despite the fact that the MB's ideology is openly against what Qatar and Turkey stands for.

I'm still trying to figure this out. Maybe someone with more knowledge on here can expatiate abit more on this for me?:undecided:

Removing Saddam

Qatar and Saudi, both Salafi Sheikhdom has so much in common than anyone else. How can Saudi expect to get along with others if she is not able get along with Qatar?

Not everyone in Saudi is that stupid. Problem is when you have a young Deputy Crowne Prince Salman, born in 1985, now holding the leverage of nation, through anything else rather than meritocracy, you see disaster.

Salman is the king, Muhammad is the deputy Crown prince. The problem is that You're relatively clueless about that part of the world. it's all about the political interest and influence in the region and the very sovereignty of the state. Tamim father conversation with Al-ghaddafi about how he want to tumble down Al-Saud family had been leaked a long while ago. and criticism and accusation of Qatar was published in detailed information (2011) before Muhammad was in the picture. keep in mind neighbors disagreements in political scenes is not anything new.

Last edited:
Lol That is what intrigues me. I have been trying hard to understand why Qatar(a Monarchy with largest U.S and to a lesser extent U.K military base in the region) and Turkey(a secular advanced muslim country) are supporting the MB. Despite the fact that the MB's ideology is openly against what Qatar and Turkey stands for.

I'm still trying to figure this out. Maybe someone with more knowledge on here can expatiate abit more on this for me?:undecided:

Influence.

Let me give you a short historical overview.

In 1995 the most recent past Emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani's father, Khalifa bin Hamad al-Thani (who ruled between 1972-1995) was removed in a coup when abroad by his own son in 1995. Some circles are saying that this coup was the work of KSA although there is very little evidence of this.

However the Al-Thani leadership (those few in power among the 1.500 or so Al-Thanis) decided that Qatar, in order not to become a complete Saudi Arabian satellite state, needed to have their own finely defined foreign policy. This would attract publicity, investments and open the country up to the world on a needed scale.

After all they had to spend the money on something as they, back then, were even fewer people than today (200.000) and there is a limit of how many modern cities that you can built within Qatar when you have so few people. That's why there is Doha (in terms of larger cities) and practically nothing else other than smaller cities and villages, which btw are quite beautiful and nice. Qatar is in fact a quite cozy peninsula with some fantastic coastline, mangroves and sand dunes and old, fairly well kept villages, especially those along the shore.

Creating Al-Jazeera in 1996 was a part of that plan. Becoming the most pro-US country in the region another so CENTCOM and 2 US military bases (largest in the region) could be established. This gave Qatar protection as long as they followed the US line. As Sayliyah Army Base (founded in 2000) and Al Ubeid Air Base (founded in 2003). Previously CENTCOM was based in KSA (Prince Sultan Air Base) but after KSA's decision to no longer allow any foreign bases, the Americans had to move elsewhere within the region and Qatar was the perfect fit, especially seeing their policy back then.

Similarly Qatar has tried to cultivate close relations to other Western countries and invested a lot in private firms, property etc. In particular in London where they own a lot. Hosting sports tournaments etc. too and investing in art. For instance the most expensive paintings in the world were bought by the Al-Thani family.

So supporting the MB, post Arab Spring, as that was the only representative (according to many experts) of the masses, was natural especially if other countries in the region did not follow such a policy. Again, Qatar wanted to stick out. Now this short-sighted policy and delusions of grandeur while in reality being a mouse and not a lion, has caught up with Qatar. Especially when the MB project failed and in particular after the increased focus on Islamism in the West and world overall. The recent Riyadh Summit showed this perfectly. I think that Qatar felt isolated so that is why the Emir made that nonsense statement during that cadet graduation where he praised Israel, Hezbollah, Iran and MB simultaneously. It really made no sense but I can see why he would have said so. It's basically a plea of desperation and a message to the US, that Qatar still matters. That's why nothing serious will happen but after this diplomatic raw Qatar will be forced to change their policies. They got 1 chance back in 2013 and 2014 but they did not listen. They will have to now.

Sorry mate, the slaves of Al-Saud house do not represent the majority of Egyptian people.
I know that Egyptian pilots refute to bombard Yemen despite the fool idiot sisi's command. Good for them, they are the actual hope of Islamic world. Seriously no one takes your words serious, first you have to deal with millions of MB supporters within Egyptian territory.

The slave sisi cannot give up Tiran and Sanafir islands, in this case Egyptian people will f*** him in the ***.

House of Saud, Al-Sisi, Morsi or not the brotherhood between Saudi Arabians and Egyptians is unbreakable. There have never been any Egyptian pilots bombing Houthi terrorist cultists in Yemen. We the average people, do not look at the MB as something hostile. So you are wrong there. This is part of the game of thrones that usually takes place everywhere.

Tiran and Sanafir have been returned to KSA as part of the King Salman Causeway/Bridge project.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom