Saudi youth decry sectarian divide

Mosamania

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Saudi youth decry sectarian divide

saif_15.jpg

THERE is no doubt that one of the negative manifestations of the ongoing political conflicts in the Arab world is the sharp increase in sectarian discourse amongst certain segments of the society. This disturbing phenomenon has a clear impact on the stability and harmony of the Saudi community.
The rise in this destructive trend has captured the attention of a number of Saudi writers, intellectuals and youth who believe in the unity of Saudi society. Apart from the recent events, they have stressed on the importance of shielding the public interest of the nation away from sectarian prejudice as well as regional and tribal discrimination.

It is imperative for all national spectrums to renounce and reject this kind of tension. The past few weeks have witnessed a flurry of online activity on popular social media platforms, initiated by responsible Saudi youth, denouncing all forms of sectarianism and stressing the unity of Muslims from all sects.

Raising awareness about the undermining effects of sectarian dialogue in terms of the security of the nation should be highlighted in the local media to reduce its negative impact. Intellectuals have agreed that in order to mitigate the sway of political strife in neighboring countries, we must work to strengthen and enhance our common sense of citizenship to protect ourselves from social discord.

Our common emphasis should focus on continuously working to strengthen the fabric of social unity instead of analyzing current events and inflaming sectarian tensions. Empowering the spirit of citizenship can be achieved through reinforcing our sense of unity and moving away from divisions of tribe and region.

It can be achieved through the expression of our opinions in a civilized manner and by imposing respect for ourselves by respecting others.

The attempts of some young Saudi people to fight sectarianism on social media tools is a serious attempt to alter the attitudes emerging stemming from the growing political disputes in the region. These conscientious attempts are also a healthy sign that society is trying to heal itself from a deadly malaise ailing countries in the region.

Saudi youth decry sectarian divide | Arab News

While Saudis decry sectarianism, Iranian mullahs try their hardest to fan the flame. The sectarianism that is ailing the Muslim world Iran will pay for dearly.

While Saudis decry sectarianism, Iranian mullahs try their hardest to fan the flame. The sectarianism that is ailing the Muslim world Iran will pay for dearly.

Eh, some of your compatriots and their Jordanian friend on this forum are doing just as well in regards to faning the flames.
Whenever one of them posts in a thread, soon one of his posts gets a mention of the others so they come running in and add some oil to the fire.
It's like 1st grade elementary school. :confused:

The so called divide is a creation of fat kings for extending their own political legitimacy.

Are you trying to troll me?? Seriously? I don't have time for your crap Farobozo.

Eh, some of your compatriots and their Jordanian friend on this forum are doing just as well in regards to faning the flames.
Whenever one of them posts in a thread, soon one of his posts gets a mention of the others so they come running in and add some oil to the fire.
It's like 1st grade elementary school. :confused:

Well, I consider it a defense mechanism. Because if you didn't notice every other thread is a Saudi/Arab bashing thread, so kudos to then for fighting back.

Well, I consider it a defense mechanism. Because if you didn't notice every other thread is a Saudi/Arab bashing thread, so kudos to then for fighting back.

I guess it's a matter of perspective, though rule of thumb says it takes two to tango.
Broadly speaking, comments flying in each direction are quite colorful (to say the least :P) and i guess it's hard to hold back.

I guess it's a matter of perspective, though rule of thumb says it takes two to tango.
Broadly speaking, comments flying in each direction are quite colorful (to say the least :P) and i guess it's hard to hold back.

Come on....come on....don't be a joy-kill here; the Iranians & the Arabs are simply warming up for the Olympics ! :)

Come on....come on....don't be a joy-kill here; the Iranians & the Arabs are simply warming up for the Olympics ! :)

lol :D

It was just an observation, i laugh sometimes too while reading it. :P

@Mosamania:Stop blaming Iran for every single failure your country passes through. Seriously, you should stop it, you and your mates know no problem except Iran, and almost every word coming out of you is Iran. That's a killer obsession.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arabs and Iranians be having a rumble in every thread they cross paths. :cheesy:

@Mosamania:Stop blaming Iran for every single failure your country passes through. Seriously, you should stop it, you and your mates know no problem except Iran, and almost every word coming out of you is Iran. That's a killer obsession.

It is not us who are bringing up Iran all the time, it just so happens that 99% of Saudi bashing threads come from Iranians or Iranian affiliated individuals. So Iran is bound to come up as a defense mechanism.

Oh and if you really want to see what obsession is check out your own PressTV, real obsession is when the State's official media org has got nothing to mention except Saudi Arabia, if a Saudi as much as farts it is in PressTV. Iranian obsession with Saudi Arabia is the really funny thing here.

Last edited by a moderator:
The obsession is 'mutual' and can only be fixed 'mutually'.

No it is NOT "mutual", check Iranian related content on Al-Arabieyah and Saudi related content on PressTV. Go ahead and look for yourself then come and tell me it is "mutual".

I agree, its not mutual. The Saudi induced sectarian divide outweighs the Iranian one, BY FAR. Both in words and in actions.

But its a great initiative from Saudi youth. If only they were in charge instead of one single family tribe that uses oil money to fund extremism, have sex with prostitutes in bordells and yachts, gambles and drinks alcohol like no tomorrow. Al Saud is embodiement of decadence, fundementalism and secterianism.
Hopefully Saudis can take up this initiative with concrete actions.

Al-Nas (Arabic: قناة الناس‎) (meaning "The People Channel") is an Egyptian television station founded in January 2006 and broadcast from Cairo.

Founded by Saudi Arabian investor Mansour bin Kadsa (alt. Mansur Bin Kadasah), Al-Nas began as a channel mostly for Arabic pop songs and dream interpretation shows. After a few months, its focus was shifted to an audience seeking religious knowledge by hosting well-known Islamic preachers regularly.

Now, lets see what kind of F i l t h they are feeding Egyptians.

Egyptian TV Host Insinuates that the Port Said Soccer Riots Were Instigated by Iran - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggq-yk2at48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql_zQmfnz5k

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom