What's new

Saudi website editor could face death for apostasy-

Cheetah786

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The editor of a Saudi Arabian website could be sentenced to death after a judge cited him for apostasy and moved his case to a higher court, the monitoring group Human Rights Watch said on Saturday.

Raif Badawi, who started the Free Saudi Liberals website to discuss the role of religion in Saudi Arabia, was arrested in June,

Badawi's website included articles that were critical of senior religious figures, the monitoring group said.

Saudi website editor could face death for apostasy-rights group | Reuters

L O L These people are financing Freedom for Syrian Sunnis via Terrorist .:yahoo::rofl: who in their right mind wouldn't want this freedom.

The editor of a Saudi Arabian website could be sentenced to death after a judge cited him for apostasy and moved his case to a higher court, the monitoring group Human Rights Watch said on Saturday.

Raif Badawi, who started the Free Saudi Liberals website to discuss the role of religion in Saudi Arabia, was arrested in June,

Badawi's website included articles that were critical of senior religious figures, the monitoring group said.

L O L These people are financing Freedom for Syrian Sunnis via Terrorist .:yahoo::rofl: who in their right mind wouldn't want this freedom.

Lol he deserve what he gets. Liberals who adopted western values rather than Islamic values have no place in the country. look at the liberals in pakistan to get a batter image of Rai'f Badwi. The term liberalism is being misused lately mmm I guess don't you think. Give that running cat in your avatar sometime to rest ... been running for a while.........

He did not insult any prophets, he just talked about normal people...Saudi Arabia is making a mistake by making religious figures (normal people) be like God and Prophets...
Yeah talk about preaching democracy to Syria :cheesy:

Lol he deserve what he gets. Liberals who adopted western values rather than Islamic values have no place in the country. look at the liberals in pakistan to get a batter image of Rai'f Badwi. The term liberalism is being misused lately mmm I guess don't you think. Give that running cat in your avatar sometime to rest ... been running for a while.........

Liberalism is not western its human values.And KSA should be scared of its liberals.Because liberals have always opposed and over throwed many tyrannical Monarchies through out the history.And its only a matter of time for Al Saud.

He did not insult any prophets, he just talked about normal people...Saudi Arabia is making a mistake by making religious figures (normal people) be like God and Prophets...
Yeah talk about preaching democracy to Syria :cheesy:
When are you going to stop pretending to know what you are talking about?
I am familiar with the website(forum) and it is very anti-Islamic in its tone. Its illegal to operate such a website in KSA by law.
BTW I read that Bashar was hiding in a sewer somewhere in Latakia. Is it true?

You have no right to decide which group deserves to live in the country or not. The step that was done by the MOI is extremely inhuman rather than being not Islamic. I think that living in Canada and enjoying the blessings of liberalism and secularism in a country where you are as a Muslim a minority did not change the way you think is just wrong. I pity you to be honest, dancing and enjoying the imprisonment of someone for his opinions isn't a good thing to prove your Thoughts, Ideals or values.

to the PO:

L O L These people are financing Freedom for Syrian Sunnis via Terrorist . who in their right mind wouldn't want this freedom.

the fact that you used a case of Activists to justify the killings of innocents in Syria shows your Morales.
If your enemy commits a murder, does not mean you should also do so !

peace :)

Lol he deserve what he gets. Liberals who adopted western values rather than Islamic values have no place in the country.

Capital punishment for merely expressing his opinion ? :azn: ... Only if the Taliban had the wealth of Oil :lol:

This comment of yours reminds me of Nazi's " Life not worthy of life " ideology ...

You have no right to decide which group deserves to live in the country or not. The step that was done by the MOI is extremely inhuman rather than being not Islamic. I think that living in Canada and enjoying the blessings of liberalism and secularism in a country where you are as a Muslim a minority did not change the way you think is just wrong. I pity you to be honest, dancing and enjoying the imprisonment of someone for his opinions isn't a good thing to prove your Thoughts, Ideals or values.

Raif Badwi has crossed the line. he must be punished as well as other scums who call themselves liberals. Be liberal as much as you want but don't put yourself in a competition with the islamic values/or violating social norms. you guys are nothing but a jock. lets be honest most of the saudis are laughing at you liberals.........

....? what are they doing? blowing themselves up? no. There is nothing wrong with being liberal and you cant just kill someone because the way they think.

I am familiar with the website(forum) and it is very anti-Islamic in its tone. Its illegal to operate such a website in KSA by law.

Possibly , what you are trying to say is that KSA is fast becoming if not already a police state which cant tolerate a difference in opinion ... May I know what is wrong with criticizing senior Saudi officials or members of the Royal family ? Are they not human beings and infallible ? Or they have been given a status like God in the Kingdom ? :azn:

Raif Badwi has crossed the line. he must be punished as well as other scums who call themselves liberals.

What line ? Criticizing the Saudi officials ? :lol: Is this now being considered as blasphemy in KSA ? :azn:

P.S Last time I saw liberals weren't killing people left and right just because they didn't agree with their opinion , extremists on the other hand were ...

Wikileaks shows Saudi wild party with Alcohol, drugs, sex and prostitutes - English pravda.ru

In yet another flurry of secret documents of U.S. diplomacy, the site WikiLeaks showed, in great detail, a Halloween party organized by a wealthy Saudi prince in the city of Jeddah (Jeddah in Arabic), with the highest quality drink, drugs and sex with prostitutes.

One of the secret documents, dated 18/11/2009, reported: "Behind the facade of Wahhabi conservatism on the streets, the nightlife for the young elite of Jeddah is thriving and throbbing. The full range of worldly temptations and vices are available - alcohol, drugs, sex - but strictly behind closed doors. "

Off the list of heirs to the throne, the host is one of the thousands of princes who enjoy the millionaire life of the royalty to protect their mansions and succeed, with 24 hour security at the gate, and to escape the strict morality imposed on citizens in the streets.

Parties in Saudi Arabia came to the world’s attention in 1979 when a British nurse, Helen Smith, was found dead after having fallen from a sixth-floor balcony at a party in Jeddah. The cable notes that the country’s religious police keep their distance at parties when they are attended or patronised by a Saudi royal and his attendants. One example is of a Halloween party which was attended by consulate officials and described in the cable.

Where are your laws , conservatism , religious police , Islam and strict adherence to the Islamic principles then ? :azn: So , Saudi citizens cant tolerate criticism on the Royal family or a mere difference in opinion yet their lavish and not so Islamic life is very acceptable to them ! BRAVO ...

Those who advocate killing of Apostate(Renegade) mis-interpret Ahadees & don't under stand the context.

Prophet Muhammad NEVER killed Apostate because of his leaving-Islam BUT because after leaving Islam he was involved in KILLing or Faught wars against muslims.

If an Apostate didn't kill muslims or faught against muslims then Prophet Muhammad NEVER ordered to kill such. As in following Ahadees Prophet didn't order to kill Apostates:-

Bukhari:56:814:-
There was a Christian who embraced Islam and read Surat-al-Baqara and Al-Imran, and he used to write (the revelations) for the Prophet. Later on he returned to Christianity again and he used to say: "Muhammad knows nothing but what I have written for him." Then Allah caused him to die(So he died his natural death & was not killed for his apostacy), and the people buried him, but in the morning they saw that the earth had thrown his body out.............

Bukhari:17:133:-
...........When the famine was taken off, the people renegade once again as non-believers. .......... "Allah's Apostle prayed for them and it rained heavily for seven days. So the people complained of the excessive rain. The Prophet said, 'O Allah! (Let it rain) around us and not on us.' So the clouds dispersed over his head and it rained over the surroundings."(Here again Prophet didn't order to kill these Apostates)

Now i come to incidences where killing of apostates is mentioned. In all such incidences apostates were involved in killing muslims.

Bukhari:55:558:-
......... and they will renegade from the religion as an arrow goes through the game's body. They will kill the Muslims but will not disturb the idolaters. If I should live up to their time' I will kill them as the people of 'Ad were killed (i.e. I will kill all of them)."

Bukhari:82:794:-
Narated By Anas : Some people from the tribe of 'Ukl came to the Prophet and embraced Islam. The climate of Medina did not suit them, so the Prophet ordered them to go to the (herd of milch) camels of charity and to drink, their milk and urine (as a medicine). They did so, and after they had recovered from their ailment (became healthy) they turned renegades (reverted from Islam) and killed the shepherd of the camels and took the camels away. The Prophet sent (some people) in their pursuit and so they were (caught and) brought, and the Prophets ordered that their hands and legs should be cut off and that their eyes should be branded with heated pieces of iron, and that their cut hands and legs should not be cauterised, till they die.

(same incidence as above)Bukhari:83:37:-
....(Long Hadith).......They deserted Islam, committed murder and theft......

Like today many muslims mis-understand these Ahadees, similarly in past this misunderstanding had occured & few of such incidences have been recorded in books of Ahadees but in all of them Prophet Muhammad is not involved. Like Bukhari:59:630 & 632. It was mis-understanding on behalf of those companions.

What line ? Criticizing the Saudi officials ? :lol: Is this now being considered as blasphemy in KSA ? :azn:

P.S Last time I saw liberals weren't killing people left and right just because they didn't agree with their opinion , extremists on the other hand were ...

sorry this is internal issue keep your nose out. wether you brag or not doesn't change anything.

Back
Top Bottom