What's new

Saudi to turn to India, Sri Lanka for housemaids

Yeah I've heard much about it ! I've never been to KSA but my Grandma did & she loved it ! I wonder when Al-Baik would come to Pakistan :)

Distraction - No...distraction - I'm eating Chicken Tikka with Kalonji Naan right now ! :ashamed:

Nice to hear. They are barely allowed to expand out of their native Hijaz. Going all the way to Pakistan crossing Oman and the Arabian Sea would be too big a task;).

I have been eating only 1 a day for the past 4-5 days. Not sure what is happening. Neither gaining or losing any weight.

The Danish cuisine.:hitwall:

Yeah I've heard much about it ! I've never been to KSA but my Grandma did & she loved it ! I wonder when Al-Baik would come to Pakistan :)

Distraction - No...distraction - I'm eating Chicken Tikka with Kalonji Naan right now ! :ashamed:

I went there once; for cousin wedding. Was in Jeddah

Unfortunately I couldn't stick around longer in the contry to go for Umrah but maybe next time

More on subject - I think compared to previously more Saudis are taking up "blue collar" jobs now as the population is growing. In UAE foreigners basically do EVERYTHING

Nice to hear. They are barely allowed to expand out of their native Hijaz. Going all the way to Pakistan crossing Oman and the Arabian Sea would be too big a task;).

I have been eating only 1 a day for the past 4-5 days. Not sure what is happening. Neither gaining or losing any weight.

Are there many Pakistani restaurants there and if so, do the locals enjoy our food? Arabs in general from what I understand are not biggest fans of spicy food :D

I went there once; for cousin wedding. Was in Jeddah

Unfortunately I couldn't stick around longer in the contry to go for Umrah but maybe next time

More on subject - I think compared to previously more Saudis are taking up "blue collar" jobs now as the population is growing. In UAE foreigners basically do EVERYTHING

Are there many Pakistani restaurants there and if so, do the locals enjoy our food? Arabs in general from what I understand are not biggest fans of spicy food :D

Depends which Arab country you are referring to. After all there are over 20 Arab countries. Yemeni cuisine, which is extremely popular in the GCC, uses plenty of spices. There are spicy Saudi Arabian dishes too. But obviously we don't normally use as many hot spices as South Asians do in general.

Arab cuisine is very diverse and have many influences depending on the country, region etc.

Yes, it is rather popular I would say. There are many restaurants at least. For the South Asian population here and many locals also frequent such places. I for once enjoy Indian and South Asian cuisine in general. I also notice many similarities.:cheesy:

But due to the cosmopolitan nature we have cuisine from the entire Muslim world and non-Muslim world.:D

No, please see what Saudi looking to hire more Indian labors, it means, they are doing superb and quality experiences for cleaning stuffs, you should be proud of achievements.

I am getting angry at Saudi Arabia to steal Indian housemaids more than any nationality! :laughcry:

Lol!! Be happy with that. This obsession is limited to PDF. People who fail in real world roar online!! :D

Anyways my bad, no more posts from my side, in this thread.

My Grandma bought a Kiffeyh (you know that red & white checkered cloth that you guys wear....the one that you're wearing in the avatar) for me from there ! As soon as the Qari (the guy who was teaching me & my siblings to recite the Koran) heard about it....he begged my Mom to give it to him & finally got it !

Apparently he believed that the Kiffeyh from a Saudi Mall was his ticket to heaven ! :omghaha:

I for once enjoy Indian and South Asian cuisine in general. I also notice many similarities.:cheesy:

But due to the cosmopolitan nature we have cuisine from the entire Muslim world and non-Muslim world.:D

I tried eating Indian renditions of our Pakistani Dishes (common dishes) & the taste was so different than the way we cook it ! The same Saag Paneer with Makiii dii Rotiii (Spinach with Cheese & flat bread, chappatii styled, made of Wheat) & it tasted very different when I ate it at an Indian Restaurant & when I eat it here in Lahore !

The same was true of other dishes....maybe our use of spices is a bit different but the tastes weren't anything close to being the same !

My Grandma bought a Kiffeyh (you know that red & white checkered cloth that you guys wear....the one that you're wearing in the avatar) for me from there ! As soon as the Qari (the guy who was teaching me & my siblings to recite the Koran) heard about it....he begged my Mom to give it to him & finally got it !

Apparently he believed that the Kiffeyh from a Saudi Mall was his ticket to heaven ! :omghaha:

Haha, you told that story a few times I recall, LOL. Well, it's just one of the many traditional Arab clothing items that are worn. I should probable have posted a picture of me wearing Hijazi traditional clothes but anyway, LOL.

LOL. It's nothing special. Just clothing. We Arabs are just very proud people and keep our ancient traditions. Clothing included.

shemagh(

Cousin, do the Saudis eat hummus and falafel?

LOL, yeah.

Yemeni cuisine/Arab cuisine also greatly influenced Israeli cuisine due to all the Yemeni Jews so you have probably also encountered it. The sweats at least and meat dishes. Maybe the soups and bread too.

Does this below ring any bells, for example?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkqZ3IpTtHo

armstrong and may i ask why do u always have to giv xample of ur risteydr on every subject which is discussed on serious threads?:undecided:

armstrong and may i ask why do u always have to giv xample of ur risteydr on every subject which is discussed on serious threads?:undecided:

No you may not ! :P

Serious Threads are meant to be spoiled to bring about a reduction in their Seriousness ! :agree:

he cant be ur cousin cuz he is way more intelligent than u:cray:

Its alright....my sister ! :P

They go for work and opportunities, not to be tourists

Saudis tend to have large families. Most of the work involves just taking care of the children. That was my impression when I went there for my cousins wedding. Yeah I've heard stories about nightmare labor stories but at least from what I saw, the workers just work hard and seem to be doing it bc they want to. Nobody forced then to go therefore it can't be called "slavery"

If I had to do a menial job in KSA id be working at Al Baik :laugh:

Those guys know how to make their chicken! :lol:

Whoever here on PDF living there can confirm that.

god bless us if you work there i can take from back door my meal :P

Back
Top Bottom