What's new

Saudi to turn to India, Sri Lanka for housemaids

Eh, most don't have any problems. Only a TINY minority which is made into a GIANT history each time it occurs (1-2 times a year). I mean when it reaches the news.

Eh, no. People are treated the same way. Not long ago two Saudis were executed for crimes committed against workers. Likewise many workers have been sentenced for committing crimes against the locals.

That is a completely different discussion. If there were no poor in India and no need for immigration (we know that HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of Indians live in poverty) then such discussions would indeed be pointless.

People go to places where they can improve their lives. It's called immigration.

Eh, not everyone can become a doctor, engineer or entrepreneur. Those only form a TINY percentage of any society, the Indian included.

Millions of Indians don't even have a computer. Just think about it for a second. We who participate on this forum are all doing very well compared to such people.

Honestly speaking we Saudi Arabians or Arabs don't need to invite people over here to work. People flog in masses themselves. That is the reality. Been going once since the late 1960's. Besides they contribute to the society.

That is exactly my point, there should not be so many poor in India.

And Not All Arab countries. It's only a few Arab countries , may be 5 or 6 that people from poor countries want to immigrate to. Rest of the Arab world itself is quite poor.

Also, I think you meant "flock" instead of "flog" :D

That is exactly my point, there should not be so many poor in India.

And Not All Arab countries. It's only a few Arab countries , may be 5 or 6 that people from poor countries want to immigrate to. Rest of the Arab world itself is quite poor.

Also, I think you meant "flock" instead of "flog" :D

Well, then I don't understand your criticism? None of them are forced to immigrate. They could probably work inside India but they know that the conditions are worse in terms of nearly everything. So why bother?

Most Arab countries are developed and rich in terms of resources etc. The GCC is one of the richest regions in the world if not the richest (Qatar, UAE and Kuwait especially). Look at the per capita income. Certainly in our region. Many welfare states too. But indeed there are some more poor Arab countries who struggle.

Also it is clear that we are talking about KSA, a g-20 member etc and the GCC.

LOL, yeah. I meant flock. Not flog as in floggings.

Gibbs:

Don't cry Sri Lankan. Baby murderers deserve death and much more too.

:laughcry::omghaha:

All that coming from a SRI LANKAN of all people. Biggest joke I have heard in years. Return from your fantasy world and know your place.

What a joke, LOL. Haha.:laughcry:

You will probably get banned for that post so enjoy the seizures you will be getting outside of this forum.

I think we should ask for basic rights like bangladeshis ... these people are poor and vulnerable and barely literate... they can easily be exploited.
A few cases and it will even affect relations between countries.
Similarly, the maids should be trained in basic stuff about cultures and dos and donts etc.

I think we should ask for basic rights like bangladeshis ... these people are poor and vulnerable and barely literate... they can easily be exploited.
A few cases and it will even affect relations between countries.
Similarly, the maids should be trained in basic stuff about cultures and dos and donts etc.

Indeed. But cooperation is already there. People learn. Seriously I have met many so-called low-skilled (there is no bad job in this world the snobs should learn this once and for all) workers from across the world and they were mostly happy. I mean as happy as they can be in their position.

As I said not everyone can become a engineer, doctor, lawyer, entrepreneur etc. The world is a harsh place.

Many Arabs in the GCC are not exactly living as royal Arab princes either.

:laughcry::omghaha:

All that coming from a SRI LANKAN of all people. Biggest joke I have heard in years. Return from your fantasy world and know your place.

What a joke, LOL. Haha.:laughcry:

You will probably get banned for that post so enjoy the seizures you will be getting outside of this forum.

First lets first improve the condition of women in saudiarabia then we can talk about improving someone else condition working as maid and .. Shall we.

First lets first improve the condition of women in saudiarabia then we can talk about improving someone else condition working as maid and .. Shall we.

Eh, don't worry about Saudi Arabian women. They are doing very well. Are extremely talented, educated and well over 100.000 of them study abroad in the West. Mainly USA.

Saudi Women: in Focus - YouTube

We Arabs respect our women and they are central to our lives.

Besides this is not the topic of the thread and most workers are happy in GCC otherwise they would not stay or go there. Or leave India or Sri Lanka in the first place.

Don't reply if you are going to troll.

Visit the Arab world and then actually talk.

Eh, don't worry about Saudi Arabian women. They are doing very well. Are extremely talented, educated and well over 100.000 of them study abroad in the West. Mainly USA.

Saudi Women: in Focus - YouTube

We Arabs respect our women and they are central to our lives.

Besides this is not the topic of the thread and most workers are happy in GCC otherwise they would not stay or go there. Or leave India or Sri Lanka in the first place.

Don't reply if you are going to troll.

Visit the Arab world and then actually talk.

Says who You should back it up with facts not farts .and the facts speak otherwise.
I can provide you many if you want.

Says who You should back it up with facts not farts .and the facts speak otherwise.
I can provide you many if you want.

I am not sure what you are talking about or referring to. Firstly there are MILLIONS of foreign workers in KSA.

Many of whom are low-skilled and your countrymen. Nothing wrong with that as I stated. Some of your countrymen seemed embarrassed that their countrymen were not all engineers, lawyers, entrepreneurs when HUNDRED OF MILLIONS live below the poverty line INSIDE INDIA. The high class/very well educated class only form a TINY percentage of the Indian population and that of every single country in the region.

Tell your countrymen not to come to the Arab world. We are NOT forcing them to come.

Most of us treat them well. We had a Turkish nanny as I already told. I don't know about any mistreatment from any family members, friends etc. Only what I read on the news 2-3 times a year. 99,9% of all locals condemn such behavior harshly.

Besides those same individuals treat POOR Arabs in the SAME VERY WAY.

Also stay on the topic. Shall I talk about the crime rate in India, racist incidents there, rapes etc.? Would you want that? I can quickly play that game. PLENTY of material.

AL hasani has been talking in really decent way ..why unnecessary provoke him?

Besides any countrymen of mine who mistreats people be they fellow poor countrymen, fellow Arabs from other more poor Arab countries such as for example Yemen, Sudan or Egypt, mistreat them based on skin color, tribe, ancestry, social class etc. deserve the punishment of the law.

We are not proud when a few morons paint a untrue and unrealistic picture of our society or when Western media exaggerate or even lie which they have done a few times. Does it meant that there are not unfortunate cases? Of course there are. People are people after all. We are capable of horrible acts. Arabs and Saudi Arabians are no exception.

I just don't like the generalization and stupid and provoking comments. I gave some examples that could provoke many Indians here. None of the Indians here or others would like that.

Also let us for God's sake stay on the topic for once and not turn another thread into a trolling thread.

Back
Top Bottom