What's new

Saudi official injured in brawl at Islamabad airport

Oh shut up and stop derailing the thread. You know the rules start a new thread and I will come and wipe the floor in any debate with you.

Back to topic. If all officers behaved in this manner some Arabs would not call Pakistanis and Pakistan derogatory names and look down upon us. I know some are suggesting its not an Arab thing but it is they on the whole exude a lack of class and would be better of with camels in the desert than in civilised company
Only you look at your self that way, considering how much you wanted to be true.

Arabs are like camels?!
Can I report a moderator?:what:
I have only seen this story here in this forum, no news no backlash. Backlash for what?! a fight in the airport?!:hitwall:
That's children attitude...

I agree, and its kinda pathetic that people are using this incident as a free pass to bash Arabs and vent their frustration out on the Saudis.

Yes some Saudis piss us off, are arrogant, and consider us Pakistanis below them, but we as Pakistanis should know better than them and should not start comparing them to camels, etc.

Regarding the unfortunate situation that took place between the Saudi official and ASF, only the CCTV footage along with thorough investigation will prove who initiated the brawl.

I agree, and its kinda pathetic that people are using this incident as a free pass to bash Arabs and vent their frustration out on the Saudis.

Yes some Saudis piss us off, are arrogant, and consider us Pakistanis below them, but we as Pakistanis should know better than them and should not start comparing them to camels, etc.

Regarding the unfortunate situation that took place between the Saudi official and ASF, only the CCTV footage along with thorough investigation will prove who initiated the brawl.
That's not an issue facing foreign workers only.
Its a result of the deep tribalism in Saudi society. Do you know that there are two classes of society? Tribal and non-tribal. A tribal man would never allow his daughter to marry a non tribal, even if he didn't mind personally, it will just bring shame to the family. Attitudes are changing fast though. The kafel system will get removed, a minimum monthly salary and so on.
Anyway, the last nationality anyone thinks of mistreating are Pakistanis, the majority are construction workers who look like from the tribal areas, and those mofos are HUGE:fie:.

That's not an issue facing foreign workers only.
Its a result of the deep tribalism in Saudi society. Do you know that there are two classes of society? Tribal and non-tribal. A tribal man would never allow his daughter to marry a non tribal, even if he didn't mind personally, it will just bring shame to the family. Attitudes are changing fast though. The kafel system will get removed, a minimum monthly salary and so on.
BTW, the last nationality anyone want to abuse is Pakistani, the majority are construction workers and look like from the tribal areas and those mofos are HUGE:fie:.

Yeah i heard that those guys are pretty rugged and tough, they come from mountainous regions and you can tell from their rugged facial and body features. In Pakistan no one messes with them or the Afghans.

Kudos to Islamabad’s Airport Security Force (ASF): Saudi military officer should be thrown in jail

We pay tribute to the honourable ASF officers who sought to implement standard security procedures notwithstanding one’s nationality or higher status. We urge the government of Pakistan to award a commendation certificate and medal to the ASF officers who upheld the rule of law and were in pursuit of their duty abused and attacked by the Saudi official. We also urge Pakistan’s Chief Justice to take suo moto notice of this incident and place the said Saudi official’s name in the Exit Control List until an independent inquiry is conducted and due punishment awarded to him.

Names of honourbale Pakistanis:

Idris Ahmed (ASF)
Abdul Rehman (ASF)
Abid Ali (ASF)
Zafar Iqbal
Mohammad Saleem

Names of rude and violent Saudis and those who supported their violence:

Group Captain Saeed Al-Shehri (Saudi Air Force)
Saudi Arabia’s Ambassador in Pakistan Abdul Aziz Ibrahim al-Ghadeer
Director General ASF
Minister Defence Ahmed Mukhtar
Minister Interior Rehman Malik
Secretary Defense Nargis Sethi
Muhammad Saleh Zaafir (Jang Group)

Geo News Summary - Saudi Diplomat Thrashed by ASF Personnel - YouTube

According to news reports, a Saudi military official (name: Saeed Al-Shehri) shoved a Pakistani airport security official at the Islamabad and they in turn gave him a reasonable amount of thrashing.

After getting slapped, ASF (Airport Security Force) officials handled the Saudi Army Officer in Pakistani style – and now the Saudi dude is in a local hospital

ASF personnel at Benazir Bhutto International Airport (Islamabad) were assaulted and abused by a Saudi military officer who refused to be searched and refused to follow the standard security procedures of the ASF. In return, the said Saudi national was allegedly thrashed by the ASF officers.

5-31-2012_51992_l.jpg

saudi.jpg

Saudi official manhandled at ISB airport - Finally a Saudi gets a taste of his own medicine!

This is the classic, even symptomatic, debate motoring on opinions but few facts.

In the absence of facts, statements are being made based on prejudices and plain opinions. Either Saudis are arrogant and racist so he had it coming, Or the Saudis are benefactors, so they can do no wrong. People also sublimate their general grievances into their positions.

People are being locked into taking strong positions on an event we presently know very little about, and may not know much more going forward.

I don't know if the facts have emerged. But the only fact I see is the Saudi diplomat with his shirt torn, injuries and what looks like blood on his shirt. That to me comes under the category of 'disproportionate response by the authorities'- as someone said at the start of this thread, a more professional response would have been the guy subdued and handcuffed. Not looking like he's just had the cr@p kicked out of him.

This is the classic, even symptomatic, debate motoring on opinions but few facts.

In the absence of facts, statements are being made based on prejudices and plain opinions. Either Saudis are arrogant and racist so he had it coming, Or the Saudis are benefactors, so they can do no wrong. People also sublimate their general grievances into their positions.

People are being locked into taking strong positions on an event we presently know very little about, and may not know much more going forward.

I don't know if the facts have emerged. But the only fact I see is the Saudi diplomat with his shirt torn, injuries and what looks like blood on his shirt. That to me comes under the category of 'disproportionate response by the authorities'- as someone said at the start of this thread, a more professional response would have been the guy subdued and handcuffed. Not looking like he's just had the cr@p kicked out of him.

Go through the thread, you will note that eyewitnesses confirm the Saudi became physical and verbally abusive - the security personnel may have used "disproportionate" force, however the security official was trying protect himself and others -- The lesson here is that ALL persons should comply with lawful requests by security personnel -- and the so called "diplomat" was a Saudi Air force trainee.

Go through the thread, you will note that eyewitnesses confirm the Saudi became physical and verbally abusive - the security personnel may have used "disproportionate" force, however the security official was trying protect himself and others -- The lesson here is that ALL persons should comply with lawful requests by security personnel -- and the so called "diplomat" was a Saudi Air force trainee.

I had gone through the entire thread previously; made for interesting reading.

I would still say that (a) eyewitness accounts are - at this stage- conjecture and/ or hearsay and that (b) Even if he started it, the authorities should have found a way to end it 'cleanly', and the guy not looking like he went ten rounds with a famished Mike Tyson.

I'm not disputing your conclusion that everyone should comply with lawful requests by security personnel. I'm questioning whether enforcing compliance when that doesn't happen should end up looking like it did.

I had gone through the entire thread previously; made for interesting reading.

I would still say that (a) eyewitness accounts are - at this stage- conjecture and/ or hearsay and that (b) Even if he started it, the authorities should have found a way to end it 'cleanly', and the guy not looking like he went ten rounds with a famished Mike Tyson.

I'm not disputing your conclusion that everyone should comply with lawful requests by security personnel. I'm questioning whether enforcing compliance when that doesn't happen should end up looking like it did.

Clearly the lune brigade of arabized Pakistanis has no monoploy on faulty reasoning -- eyewitness = conjecture??

Enforcing compliance is not always clean, especially when confronted with a Saudi ruffian

Clearly the lune brigade of arabized Pakistanis has no monoploy on faulty reasoning -- eyewitness = conjecture??

Enforcing compliance is not always clean, especially when confronted with a Saudi ruffian

I can appreciate self defense, but not excessive force.
In theory if you said anything offensive to me I have every right to assault you?

Right now the reports we are reading of eyewitnesses in media are just that - reports in media have not been proved to be true, hence at this stage I believe that they are conjecture.

I do not wish to sound pompous or parcel out advise when I am myself 'cursed' with the hot blood of South Asians, but I will take the risk. :P

In short, you're a good poster, but you may be too close to this subject at this time. IMO.

I can appreciate self defense, but not excessive force.
In theory if you said anything offensive to me I have every right to assault you?

Islamicans just can't seem to think --- the Saudi ruffians did not just verbally assault the law enforcement officer, the Saudi ruffian physically assaulted the officer, the officer defended himself, the Saudi ruffian ended up a mess - kudos to the officer for defending himself and other passengers and users of the airport.

Enough already ....
Why do you people need a reason to go at each other ?
Why don't you spend half of that effort in understanding each other and letting things go.

Why do "some people" always have to loath and moan like this ? ( and I see the irony of that as I write. Loathing and moaning IS their religion ) !

Back
Top Bottom