What's new

Duck & cover: Protective gear for ASF ' Substandard & useless'

As far as I know CISF is perfectly equipped..

No they are not perfectly equipped.

Have you seen them on airport security duty? Walking around with bulky and extremely heavy BPJ`s and other outdated gear ?

I have seen them putting them away on the floor next to them because they are so uncomfortable to wear.

But CRPF is not that better excpt their commandos.

Many CRPF battalions are getting upgrades these days, from new BPJ`s over communication equipment to high end AR`s like the X 95.

The part of a fragmented round being dangerous is true, but a bullet that passes through an armor plate will not have the velocity required to pierce through skin. If it does the placement comes into play which depends on luck. A bullet that pierces through an armor plate will have extremely reduced velocity plus twist rate. This results in smaller exit wound.

The bulletproof jacket is meant to work ideally to stop desired rounds but temperatures and conditions change armor properties and the rounds it is supposed to hold off can go. If they do the aim is to keep exit wound small.

I can corroborate this because i also read on forums pertaining to Iraq/Afghan vets.
My only point is BPJs are intended to stop rounds and provide a cushion effect. But when they fail due to reasons you mentioned, effects are still better than direct hit. But their goal is not to let any bullets in.

A dedicated anti-terror force whose sole purpose is to deal with situations such as these, so you don't have to call in the SSG, Army, Rangers or Police etc. A single commander will be in charge of the situation and there won't be a discussion b/w 3 commanders of the Police, Army and Rangers regarding the situation.

Its not about communications between departments in battlefield.

Correct me if i'm wrong, The ASF is responsible for defense of the Airports.

Lets give the ASF commander control.

Let him know what assets he can expect from the Police, Rangers, Army if the Airport comes under attack.
Let him get direct communications with those assets.
Let him direct those assets to where he needs them.

My only point is BPJs are intended to stop rounds and provide a cushion effect. But when they fail due to reasons you mentioned, effects are still better than direct hit. But their goal is not to let any bullets in.

BPJ can only handle certain hits and protect vital areas. A Lapua would penetrate through the armor. It's a given, but how much does it slow down is the requirement.

Khair US forces use interceptor, which is a solid BPJ. Stop 7.62 x 63 with ease.

BPJ can only handle certain hits and protect vital areas. A Lapua would penetrate through the armor. It's a given, but how much does it slow down is the requirement.

Khair US forces use interceptor, which is a solid BPJ. Stop 7.62 x 63 with ease.
BPJ specifics includes stopping power of caliber (say 7.62X30) fired from a range, say 50 yards plus number of shots... It dosn't involve calculation of "slowing" power at all...

No, there switching over to the IOTV, a better enhanced version of Interceptor.

And your wrong, it can't stop AK round fully. The AK round can penetrate the plates and stops usually at the last moment. Taking a hit it blows the wind out of the soldier. Usually some soldiers are not combat effect for a few minutes, after taking a hit.

No, there switching over to the IOTV, a better enhanced version of Interceptor.

And your wrong, it can't stop AK round fully. The AK round can penetrate the plates and stops usually at the last moment. Taking a hit it blows the wind out of the soldier. Usually some soldiers are not combat effect for a few minutes, after taking a hit.

That would be surprising since our armor plates does not let the round penetrate more than a few millimeters. 63 isnt Klashanikov btw. Ofcourse such a force/momentum is going to knock the wind out plus bruises. Adrenaline might keep them up on their toes.

You would know better than me but I read an interview of an ASF soldier on DAWN (he was involved in the Karachi attack). He said that he was on QRF, and got to the scene of breach within 2 minutes.

There is a regular QRF, my idea focuses around a QRF that is armed according to their role. For now, the concept of QRF is only built on mobility whereas a more suitable approach would involve incorporating superior fire power.

I have met a few guys who took hits from 7.62 and survived torso wounds. Ask knowledgeable members the main aim is to keep the exit wound small so that the injured is operable by the combat medic so he could patch the wounded up. Bulletproof jackets arent meant to stop all calibres.

You can ask a few military guys in the US and i am pretty sure that would be their point aswell.
U are seriously mistaken, bullet proof jackets reduce exit wounds? I dont understand? U mean to say that they are designed to take impact after the round pierced the person's body?
Seriously man! BF J absorb the impact of the projectile ( High velocity) Infact if the victim has clear exit wound then he has more chances of surviving because the round did not transfer the energy into his body, Hoping that it did miss important internal organs and arteries.
Surviving torso wounds is no big deal but rather where the impact is actually and extent of damage. If the projectile has hit near the spleen(Left below lungs) Heart , Liver (Right below lungs) then the victims chances of survival are very low.

That would be surprising since our armor plates does not let the round penetrate more than a few millimeters. 63 isnt Klashanikov btw. Ofcourse such a force/momentum is going to knock the wind out plus bruises. Adrenaline might keep them up on their toes.
I wouldnt worry about the penetration but the amount of kinetic energy the AK round transferred to the body and the extent of damage it does to it.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom