What's new

Saudi National Guard upgraded to Ministry

Firstly, the SANG does report to the king himself ,but the SNAG won't be the only presidency to do so. Every presidency, governmental institution, and ministry DOES report to the Royal Cabinet ,so I guess the SANG doesn't enjoy that much of a privilege or exception, does it?

Secondly, No, the SNAG is not responsible for protecting the ROYALTIES, if that's what you're implying. The Royal Guard DOES take care of the ROYALTIES. The RG is more or less similar to the British Royal Guard, the Saudi version is much larger.

As for the upgrade of the SANG, I would say that Bloomberg doesn't know a thing about the internal politics of Saudi. Bloomberg is also known for their speculative takes when it comes to the Middle East. The analysis they came up with is very distorted, and I personally find it very ambiguous.

Let just wind the clock a few decades ago, the role the SNAG had taken back then had nothing to do with protecting an X or a Y official at all, in fact, the SNAG participated in the first Gulf War as well as the Ground Masjid Seizure.

During the first Gulf War, KSA relied heavy on the SANG to fight Sadaam's troop in Khafji back then, which had forced Sadaam's troop to retreat within less than 73 hours, and without the remarkable efforts being made by these brave-men, KSA might have faced some sort of an obstacle back then. Same is to be said for the Ground Seizure Masjid as well, the SANG had taken an active role. So with that being said, I still would question the reliability of the readings Bloomberg, introduced to its readers. With one thing or another, however, I'm also beginning to suspect how knowledgable Bloomberg is when it comes to the Saudi internal realpolitik.

Today, the SNAG has founded 3 additional University to the traditional college of its own, which is dedicated for its military. Moreover, the SANG has got its own hospitals, the first is located in Riyadh, the second in Jeddah, and Al-Hasa. Therefore, and due to the expansion of the SANG, it was recommended by the Crown himself as well as the Royal Cabinet advisors to upgrade the SNAG to become a dependent governmental body on its own. This expansion was much needed these days, KSA needs more Medical Colleges, Hospitals, and it will dramatically reduce our unemployment rate. To put more icing on the cake, the SNAG is also planning to build its own air force, and that will also help us to create more jobs for our people.

This great decision has professionally and skillfully being studied by our political elite, the expansion of the SANG will be one of the greatest achievements that OUR man has made.

All the best
Yzd
SANG University, S T.A.

Dear @Yzd Khalifa I am not questioning the SANG existence or its role, I am completely aware its history and future modernisation plan.....I am aware of its role in first Gulf war and role of SANG in social and educational sectors.....nor I am criticizing the decision......as I have no right for this.....but as a student of international politics I do have a right to analysis the basis of the decision......and I find nothing to be excited about this decision.....in-fact with all my limited understanding and knowledge I think this decision is wrong in its fundamentals......end of discussion from my side.....

Regards

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-

If someone interested two very good read about SANG

1- A study project report on SANG by U.S Army War College.....1991
http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a236930.pdf
2- Expanding the Role of Saudi Arabian National Guard in the War on Terrorism: A Strategic
Vision
http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf&AD=ADA491925

Last edited by a moderator:
Only someone with very little knowledge of internal Saudi politics say this.

The king's son commands the national guard. Actually he is the minister of the national guard now.
So, in a way, the NG works as the king(dom's) protection from internal opposition.

The king's son commands the national guard. Actually he is the minister of the national guard now.
So, in a way, the NG works as the king(dom's) protection from internal opposition.

Do the guys, Princes, leading the Defense, SANG, Intelligence services, and other ministries have experience/ education in their fields?

Or is it more of your my brother why dont you get the Ministry of ______?

Dear @Yzd Khalifa I am not questioning the SANG existence or its role, I am completely aware its history and future modernisation plan.....I am aware of its role in first Gulf war and role of SANG in social and educational sectors.....nor I am criticizing the decision......as I have no right for this.....but as a student of international politics I do have a right to analysis the basis of the decision......and I find nothing to be excited about this decision.....in-fact with all my limited understanding and knowledge I think this decision is wrong in its fundamentals......end of discussion from my side.....

Regards

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-

If someone interested two very good read about SANG

1- A study project report on SANG by U.S Army War College.....1991
http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a236930.pdf
2- Expanding the Role of Saudi Arabian National Guard in the War on Terrorism: A Strategic
Vision
http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf&AD=ADA491925

Just because you aren't a Saudi that doesn't mean you don't have the right to share your thoughts with us.

Well, since you're doing international politics, I understand why you are opposing a decision like this. I guess that I'm right to say that you believe a state like KSA doesn't need another MOD-like with a second army, right? If so, then it DOES look like a legitimate argument.

But the bright side of the implementation of such decision as this is that the expansion of the SNAG is much needed these days for the sake of our society Sir.

Thəorətic Muslim;4339534 said:
Do the guys, Princes, leading the Defense, SANG, Intelligence services, and other ministries have experience/ education in their fields?

Or is it more of your my brother why dont you get the Ministry of ______?

Interesting, the GiP Director is a LEGEND -for many of us- as well as the MOI (; ..

The Crown is the MOD and he's a wolfy guy ^ ^ with a decades of experience.

So NO Sir, It isn't more of your my brother blah blah :D

Firstly, the SANG does report to the king himself ,but the SNAG won't be the only presidency to do so. Every presidency, governmental institution, and ministry DOES report to the Royal Cabinet ,so I guess the SANG doesn't enjoy that much of a privilege or exception, does it?

Secondly, No, the SNAG is not responsible for protecting the ROYALTIES, if that's what you're implying. The Royal Guard DOES take care of the ROYALTIES. The RG is more or less similar to the British Royal Guard, the Saudi version is much larger.

As for the upgrade of the SANG, I would say that Bloomberg doesn't know a thing about the internal politics of Saudi. Bloomberg is also known for their speculative takes when it comes to the Middle East. The analysis they came up with is very distorted, and I personally find it very ambiguous.

Let just wind the clock a few decades ago, the role the SNAG had taken back then had nothing to do with protecting an X or a Y official at all, in fact, the SNAG participated in the first Gulf War as well as the Ground Masjid Seizure.

During the first Gulf War, KSA relied heavy on the SANG to fight Sadaam's troop in Khafji back then, which had forced Sadaam's troop to retreat within less than 73 hours, and without the remarkable efforts being made by these brave-men, KSA might have faced some sort of an obstacle back then. Same is to be said for the Ground Seizure Masjid as well, the SANG had taken an active role. So with that being said, I still would question the reliability of the readings Bloomberg, introduced to its readers. With one thing or another, however, I'm also beginning to suspect how knowledgable Bloomberg is when it comes to the Saudi internal realpolitik.

Today, the SNAG has founded 3 additional University to the traditional college of its own, which is dedicated for its military. Moreover, the SANG has got its own hospitals, the first is located in Riyadh, the second in Jeddah, and Al-Hasa. Therefore, and due to the expansion of the SANG, it was recommended by the Crown himself as well as the Royal Cabinet advisors to upgrade the SNAG to become a dependent governmental body on its own. This expansion was much needed these days, KSA needs more Medical Colleges, Hospitals, and it will dramatically reduce our unemployment rate. To put more icing on the cake, the SNAG is also planning to build its own air force, and that will also help us to create more jobs for our people.

This great decision has professionally and skillfully being studied by our political elite, the expansion of the SANG will be one of the greatest achievements that OUR man has made.

All the best
Yzd
SANG University, S T.A.
I am more interested in knowing what is military expansion of Sang which will take place in near future and which equipment they are using right now I know about Saudi Armed Forces but not about SANG so please need help @Mosamania @Arabian Legend and others

Something military sites and the like fail to mention always is the SANG's role in Saudi military structure.

They always almost only mention the MoD and fail to mention or even reference the SANG. The SANG has more than 200,000 soldiers and officers.

Something military sites and the like fail to mention always is the SANG's role in Saudi military structure.

They always almost only mention the MoD and fail to mention or even reference the SANG. The SANG has more than 200,000 soldiers and officers.

Yes that is why you should start a thread on SANG its current status and future prospects by the way which BVR missiles are used by your Air Force

Wrong, the royal guards are separated unit that has its own command HQ separated from the army and the MOD security guards. the NG has nothing to do with royal.

Wrong, the royal guards are separated unit that has its own command HQ separated from the army and the MOD security guards. the NG has nothing to do with royal.
The royal guard is just for the king and too small to defend against riots or rebellions which is the main reason National Guard was created. For internal threats to the royalty.
Like it was used in Qatif more than 30 years ago:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Qatif_Uprising

The royal guard is just for the king and too small to defend against riots or rebellions which is the main reason National Guard was created. For internal threats to the royalty.
Like it was used in Qatif more than 30 years ago:
1979 Qatif Uprising - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The NG work as a homeland security forces against internal or external threats. You forget their role in the battle of Al-khafji? It was the NG not the army.

May 28, 2013

King Abdullah's son to lead new Saudi ministry

Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah named his son to head a new national guard ministry yesterday, strengthening the force's role in the kingdom.

The elevation of Prince Miteb bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, which came in a royal decree, has few strategic or military implications but bolsters his credentials within the ruling family.

"With this ministry, Miteb will have a stronger role to play. It gives the national guard more authority, better structure and a larger institutional budget," said Abdulaziz Al Sager, the director of the Gulf Research Centre in Jeddah.

The new ministry will be formed from the existing presidency of the Saudi Arabian national guard, based in Riyadh. Beside its military duties, the guard runs large social welfare and health programmes for families of guardsmen.

Saudi Arabia has appointed leading younger members of the ruling family to senior posts over the past 18 months, including the interior ministry and governorships of Riyadh and Eastern Province, two of the most important districts.

King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud turns 90 this year, Crown Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud will be 77. The next generation of Saudi leaders, including Prince Miteb, are mostly in their 50s and 60s.

In a country where top posts are often held for decades, the moves represent a changing of the guard for the inner circles of a family where major decisions are based on a consensus of views among senior princes.

Prince Miteb's promotion also augments the special status of the national guard, commanded by King Abdullah from 1962 to 2010, as separate from the kingdom's conventional armed forces, run by the defence minister, Crown Prince Salman.

Originally based on the tribal fighters who helped King Abdulaziz Ibn Saud create the modern Saudi state in the early 20th century, the national guard later helped guard against possible coups by the regular army.

Although such coups are no longer seen as a risk, the force has retained an important role in the Saudi military and as a link to the country's main tribes.

According to a 2011 IHS Jane's Sentinel Country Risk Assessments estimate, the national guard has 100,000 personnel, compared with 75,000 for the regular army, 34,000 for the air force and 15,500 for the navy.

King Abdullah's son to lead new Saudi ministry - The National

King Abdullah places all men worthy of him that will keep his thought legacy. Now, there will not back in rear - for good -.

Glory and prosperity for Saudi Arabia and GCC.

True to him, not the nation nor the people !

This New ministry with its old and new formation should not be called "National", it should be stated as "Royal".
They protect the king not the people, that is why they are the most paid in governments careers.

Wrong information, The NG don't get paid any better than other military sectors.... Also Read my post# 27

Back
Top Bottom