Saudi National Guard upgraded to Ministry

Mosamania

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia

sang.jpg

Saudi King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz on Monday upgraded the National Guard presidency to a ministry.
Prince Miteb Bin Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz was appointed Minister of the National Guard.
Under the royal order, “the Ministry of the National Guard will replace the Presidency of the National Guard and the Minister of the National Guard will replace the Commander of the National Guard, wherever they are used in systems, regulations, decisions and royal orders and decrees”, the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.

Saudi National Guard upgraded to ministry | GulfNews.com

@Mosamania @Yzd Khalifa - What does the Saudi National Guard do, exactly ? :what:

It is kind of the reserve for the military, at the same time it is tasked with protecting the borders in case the army was to be deployed over seas.

It also is very active in the social aspect, with National Guard hospitals and Engineering projects overseen by the National Guard.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is kind of the reserve for the military, at the same time it is tasked with protecting the borders in case the army was to be deployed over seas.

It also is very active in the social aspect, with National Guard hospitals and Engineering projects overseen by the National Guard.

sir. than you should give them latest tanks and artillery and other equipment to them by the way is your army so small that if they are deployed over seas you need national guard

@Mosamania and @Arabian Legend by they what equipment is used by SANG and what are they planning to use in near future ?

sir. than you should give them latest tanks and artillery and other equipment to them by the way is your army so small that if they are deployed over seas you need national guard

They have got big things in their stores already. Tanks and Hillcopters, of different kinds were being operated by the SNG.

sang.jpg

Saudi King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz on Monday upgraded the National Guard presidency to a ministry.
Prince Miteb Bin Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz was appointed Minister of the National Guard.
Under the royal order, “the Ministry of the National Guard will replace the Presidency of the National Guard and the Minister of the National Guard will replace the Commander of the National Guard, wherever they are used in systems, regulations, decisions and royal orders and decrees”, the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.

Saudi National Guard upgraded to ministry | GulfNews.com

Saudi forms National Guard ministry

Saudi forms National Guard ministry - Latest - New Straits Times

RIYADH: Saudi King Abdullah on Monday upgraded the National Guard, the kingdom’s parallel army seen as a pillar of the ruling royals, to a ministry to be headed by his son Prince Mitab.

Saudi King Names Son Prince Miteb as National Guard Minister

Saudi King Names Son Prince Miteb as National Guard Minister - Bloomberg

The latest move will “raise his son’s profile to a ministerial level so he is on equal grounds with relatives who already hold that rank,” Theodore Karasik, director of research at the Institute for Near East and Gulf Military Analysis in Dubai, said in a phone interview. “It also evens the playing field between the security services.”
this branch of Saudi arm force is separated from the regular arm forces of KSA and does not come under the Ministry of Defence, they directly report to the KING the basic purpose of this parallel force is the to Guard & protect House of Saud from coups.....

So GOD SAVE THE KING.............

this branch of Saudi arm force is separated from the regular arm forces of KSA and does not come under the Ministry of Defence, they directly report to the KING the basic purpose of this parallel force is the to Guard & protect House of Saud from coups.....

Only someone with very little knowledge of internal Saudi politics say this.

They have got big things in their stores already. Tanks and Hillcopters, of different kinds were being operated by the SNG.

I would really want @Mosamania @Arabian Legend to reply me what I think sang should be developed into full army with tanks APC and artillery and anti tank and other things and also start their air force and navy as soon as possible and their number should be between 150000 to 200000

I would really want @Mosamania @Arabian Legend to reply me what I think sang should be developed into full army with tanks APC and artillery and anti tank and other things and also start their air force and navy as soon as possible and their number should be between 150000 to 200000

I will get right on it.

Only someone with very little knowledge of internal Saudi politics say this.

Dear you could say this to me as you are a KSA citizen should have more knowledge about Internal political issues of Kingdom.....but dear how could you convince an outsider like me for such decisions......I see no professional or strategic logic in this move.....hope you could bring some point in discussion but i find none.....

Dear you could say this to me as you are a KSA citizen should have more knowledge about Internal political issues of Kingdom.....but dear how could you convince an outsider like me of such decisions......I see no professional or strategic logic in this move.....hope you could bring some point in discussion but i find none.....

Let's just that a certain faction just got a newly found seat of power and keep it at that. And it just so happens that it is the faction I am rooting for.

Firstly, the SANG does report to the king himself ,but the SNAG won't be the only presidency to do so. Every presidency, governmental institution, and ministry DOES report to the Royal Cabinet ,so I guess the SANG doesn't enjoy that much of a privilege or exception, does it?

Secondly, No, the SNAG is not responsible for protecting the ROYALTIES, if that's what you're implying. The Royal Guard DOES take care of the ROYALTIES. The RG is more or less similar to the British Royal Guard, the Saudi version is much larger.

As for the upgrade of the SANG, I would say that Bloomberg doesn't know a thing about the internal politics of Saudi. Bloomberg is also known for their speculative takes when it comes to the Middle East. The analysis they came up with is very distorted, and I personally find it very ambiguous.

Let just wind the clock a few decades ago, the role the SNAG had taken back then had nothing to do with protecting an X or a Y official at all, in fact, the SNAG participated in the first Gulf War as well as the Ground Masjid Seizure.

During the first Gulf War, KSA relied heavy on the SANG to fight Sadaam's troop in Khafji back then, which had forced Sadaam's troop to retreat within less than 73 hours, and without the remarkable efforts being made by these brave-men, KSA might have faced some sort of an obstacle back then. Same is to be said for the Ground Seizure Masjid as well, the SANG had taken an active role. So with that being said, I still would question the reliability of the readings Bloomberg, introduced to its readers. With one thing or another, however, I'm also beginning to suspect how knowledgable Bloomberg is when it comes to the Saudi internal realpolitik.

Today, the SNAG has founded 3 additional University to the traditional college of its own, which is dedicated for its military. Moreover, the SANG has got its own hospitals, the first is located in Riyadh, the second in Jeddah, and Al-Hasa. Therefore, and due to the expansion of the SANG, it was recommended by the Crown himself as well as the Royal Cabinet advisors to upgrade the SNAG to become a dependent governmental body on its own. This expansion was much needed these days, KSA needs more Medical Colleges, Hospitals, and it will dramatically reduce our unemployment rate. To put more icing on the cake, the SNAG is also planning to build its own air force, and that will also help us to create more jobs for our people.

This great decision has professionally and skillfully being studied by our political elite, the expansion of the SANG will be one of the greatest achievements that OUR man has made.

All the best
Yzd
SANG University, S T.A.

Back
Top Bottom