What's new

Saudi men banned from marrying Pakistani women

Should you not be glad that women from your country would be not be married off to a country with stricter laws?

So pretty gals exist only in Pakistan,BD and burma???
Lol.

I wish Indian government also banned gals getting married to men from other muslim countries(like KSA and Malaysia). There have been so many cases where these men get married to Indians and then divorce them over phone.
@nair Am i wrong??
---
not banned...all SA is not same..
shoudl be strict law to avoid explitation ...

Should you not be glad that women from your country would be not be married off to a country with stricter laws?

Lol.

I wish Indian government also banned gals getting married to men from other muslim countries(like KSA and Malaysia). There have been so many cases where these men get married to Indians and then divorce them over phone.
@nair Am i wrong??
Exactly.

Are you jealous they didn't ban India. :D
I am. :(

Personally I don't care when it comes to certain arab countries if not all.

I am generally talking about their invention of laws and branding them Islamic.
Stopping older men from marrying young girls from these and other countries is right decision but over all if young guy wants to marry young girl that should be allowed.

Lol.

@nair Am i wrong??

Yes there are cases of Arabi Kalyanam, as in Arabi marriage, where in rich men from arab countries (mainly KSA) come and get married to girls from poor family, and when they are done with it, the divorce over phone (saying that famous word thrice )

As far as I now any man marrying in a country outside of Saudi Arabia already has to apply to the Government for a licence. That has never stopped the men as they marry as and when they please and when it is time to go back they either leave their wives and pay them handsomely or leave them in their native countries and visit them regu;larly. The women are also not allowed to marry men from outisde. On the surface this is to ensure that the Saudi girls get hitched to local boys, but behind the scene concerns about the claim to nationality of these spouses is also a factor in consideration. As to women, there will always be women available to marry in Shaam, Palestine, Iraq and else where.
I dont know what to say to that except May Allah give these people hidayaa.(Ameen).

Yes there are cases of Arabi Kalyanam, as in Arabi marriage, where in rich men from arab countries (mainly KSA) come and get married to girls from poor family, and when they are done with it, the divorce over phone (saying that famous word thrice )
isnt that like prostitution ?

Are you jealous they didn't ban India. :D
Lolzz
Yeshh!
I am jealous that they havent banned old KSAites from marrying young Indian gals.
Thanks for reinforcing my belief Nair.
isnt that like prostitution ?
As good as that.
Gals are duped and trashed.
They are married off to old men and a few days later "talaq" follows.

Stopping older men from marrying young girls from these and other countries is right decision but over all if young guy wants to marry young girl that should be allowed.
Hmm logical!!

During may long stay in the UAE, I came across quite a few Emaratis out of “mixed marriages”. This means a UAE national whose mother is from outside the GCC countries. One such was son of a UAE Doctor and an Iranian nurse. He told me the he was never accepted as full Emarati by the higher gov’t circles even though 25% of the UAE national are of Iranian descent. He married a full blooded Emarati girl only to ensure that his children do not face this discrimination.

I noticed that it was quite common for the poor UAE nationals of Fujairah to marry Indian Muslims girls from Hyderabad. I was informed by one of the guys who had done so that it was because he could not afford demands of the Emarati woman such separate house and a maid and excessive ‘Maher or dower’.

Sponsor of the company I worked for was brother of the Sheikh hence I also was on friendly terms with some of the senior officials of the Fujairah gov’t. Understand that UAE gov’t gave one 10,000 sq. ft. plot to each UAE national on his marriage at throw away price but this applied to first marriage only. Thus if a UAE national wanted to marry 2nd or 3rd wife, he would marry a non Emarati woman because her demands were few and he could get away with rented accommodation.

On the other hand, since children of Emarati women from their mixed marriages were not entitled to UAE nationality, many were having difficulty finding Emarati men. It was therefore being considered that UAE nationals will be allotted second or third plot for the house as long as they married Emarati women.

Interpretation of Sharia law in the UAE is not as strict as the Taliban definition. In Pakistan we always try to be pure than the pure. A tradition of the Prophet (PBUH) does not mean that you must do it such keeping the beard and something allowed can be restricted if it is going to cause disruption in the society such as marrying non- nationals or a group of nationals as in case of Saudi Arabia.

Marriage directly affects the family and cohesion of the society. Therefore parents, guardians & the ruler of the day have the power to impose restrictions to ensure that the young men do not disrupt social norms thru acquiring Muslim partners who are otherwise considered less suitable .(Not my definition but opinion of one the advisors of the ruler of Fujairah)

Part of the reason is that such relationship was never fully accepted to begin with and considered something less than whole, watered down or impure.This could be because majority of the families are very conservative, and want to keep their traditions alive. They think that by getting their children to marry someone from within the family circle they can ensure this happens. They might also be afraid that if their child marries a foreigner their offspring may have divided loyalties.

Here is a link to a relevant article written by UAE women of mixed parentage.

A new generation of Emiratis speaks out about mixed parentage | The National

Last edited:
Yes, my male cousin is able to marry pretty KSA national........ as long as their women are free to us...nothing bad is actually happening in a male side :p:
They aren't. I think there is a law prohibiting Saudi women from marrying non arabs.

India should have been in the list. Arabi kalyanam(Arab marriage) was happening in good numbers back in 90's. now too Yemeni's and other Arabis marry Muslim girls from Kerala, Hyderabad etc..these are old men who comes in their own cruises(Pathemari-small ship's) on kozhikode,kannur coasts. But, these were temporary marriages(horrible custom!) sanctioned by their religious law.
Arabi Kalyanams return to haunt poor Muslim families in Kerala : South, News - India Today

India should have been in the list. Arabi kalyanam(Arab marriage) was happening in good numbers back in 90's. now too Yemeni's and other Arabis marry Muslim girls from Kerala, Hyderabad etc..these are old men who comes in their own cruises(Pathemari-small ship's) on kozhikode,kannur coasts. But, these were temporary marriages(horrible custom!) sanctioned by their religious law.
Arabi Kalyanams return to haunt poor Muslim families in Kerala : South, News - India Today
:o::hitwall:

During may long stay in the UAE, I came across quite a few Emaratis out of “mixed marriages”. This means a UAE national whose mother is from outside the GCC countries. One such was son of a UAE Doctor and an Iranian nurse. He told me the he was never accepted as full Emarati by the higher gov’t circles even though 25% of the UAE national are of Iranian descent. He married a full blooded Emarati girl only to ensure that his children do not face this discrimination.

I noticed that it was quite common for the poor UAE nationals of Fujairah to marry Indian Muslims girls from Hyderabad. I was informed by one of the guys who had done so that it was because he could not afford demands of the Emarati woman such separate house and a maid and excessive ‘Maher or dower’.

Sponsor of the company I worked for was brother of the Sheikh hence I also was on friendly terms with some of the senior officials of the Fujairah gov’t. Understand that UAE gov’t gave one 10,000 sq. ft. plot to each UAE national on his marriage at throw away price but this applied to first marriage only. Thus if a UAE national wanted to marry 2nd or 3rd wife, he would marry a non Emarati woman because her demands were few and he could get away with rented accommodation.

On the other hand, since children of Emarati women from their mixed marriages were not entitled to UAE nationality, many were having difficulty finding Emarati men. It was therefore being considered that UAE nationals will be allotted second or third plot for the house as long as they married Emarati women.

Interpretation of Sharia law in the UAE is not as strict as the Taliban definition. In Pakistan we always try to be pure than the pure. A tradition of the Prophet (PBUH) does not mean that you must do it such keeping the beard and something allowed can be restricted if it is going to cause disruption in the society such as marrying non- nationals or a group of nationals as in case of Saudi Arabia.

Marriage directly affects the family and cohesion of the society. Therefore parents, guardians & the ruler of the day have the power to impose restrictions to ensure that the young men do not disrupt social norms thru acquiring Muslim partners who are otherwise considered less suitable .(Not my definition but opinion of one the advisors of the ruler of Fujairah)

Part of the reason is that such relationship was never fully accepted to begin with and considered something less than whole, watered down or impure.This could be because majority of the families are very conservative, and want to keep their traditions alive. They think that by getting their children to marry someone from within the family circle they can ensure this happens. They might also be afraid that if their child marries a foreigner their offspring may have divided loyalties.

Here is a link to a relevant article written by UAE women of mixed parentage.

UAE president grants citizenship to hunderds of children born to Emirati mothers | The National

1,117 children of Emirati women to get citizenship | The National

New UAE citizenship rule for children clarified | GulfNews.com

Granting citizenship to foreign spouses is more than just giving nationality. There are many aspects that go into it like seeing it from a local culture point of view, from a security point of view, from an economic point of view, from the population point of view and many others.

Leaders try to do what they see is good for them (the nation and their people). But in Pakistan leaders make sure they do what is good for themselves only and don't care about the nation as a whole.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom