What's new

Saudi men banned from marrying Pakistani women

With all due respect then it is only a small minority of Saudi Arabian men that are marrying non-Arabs or non-locals.

By far the vast majority of Saudi Arabian men have no interest in marrying people from Chad, Myanmar or Bangladesh, India etc. I have never heard about that or seen it personally. I don't know about any Saudi Arabian of such a mixture that is well-known.

90% of all people prefer marrying fellow compatriots or other Arabs. Simple as that and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that!

This news is pure nonsense anyway.

Saudi Arabian women are allowed to marry foreigners yet males cannot marry foreigners now suddenly? Where is the logic in that? There is none. Why? Because this news is pure nonsense.

Foreigners married over 13,000 Saudi women last year | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Besides even if we assume that this news is true which it is not then there are restrictions on marrying foreigners in EVERY single country out there. Why is the title of this thread saying one thing and the article saying something else? Where is the ban in that article exactly?

Moreover there is a huge amount of illegal migrants from those 4 countries and marrying an illegal migrant is illegal. Some do that nevertheless which is a problem and recently there has been a campaign (rightly so - should have happened long ago) to deport the illegals as they are a causing dozens of problems for the locals and the legal migrants.

Call me or racist or whatever (don't care) but I don't want those illegals roaming around in KSA or elsewhere in the Arab world.

@Hyperion

With all due respect, before you go into your usual rampage against the 450 million or so "evil Arabs" then sort your own house out as it is in a more needy situation in this aspect my Pashtun friend. It's getting boring.

P.S: The dowry is getting insanely big in KSA which makes marriage difficult for many. Hence why many local women are yet to be married. This is a problem. Especially as there are 25 million locals now (60% under the age of 25 or something along those lines if I recall) and the numbers are only growing. Foreigners on the other hand do not require such a dowry unless they are from fellow GCC countries. Hence why SOME tend to marry (MOSTLY) other Arabs or in more rare cases non-Arabs from abroad. None of it is illegal or wrong etc. It depends on the family and what they want to see. JUST LIKE EVERYWHERE ELSE.

Cry me a river.

P.P.S:

I don't expect many to read my post anyway but let the masses here bark.

Last edited:
LOL! Pakistanis & Bangladeshis trolled! lolled by Saudi ... :omghaha:

So pretty gals exist only in Pakistan,BD and burma???
Lol.

Of course not....pretty gals exist in Pakistan & Pakistan alone ! :unsure:

Thats why women all over India pray before going to bed every night - O Lord please make us as beautiful as the ladies from Armstrong's Country ! :azn:

You do that too ! :bunny:

Heck you even got some plastic surgery done for that effect ! :undecided:

Unfortunately the Doctor was actually a Hakeem who ended up making a South Indian look like someone from Sikkim ! :o:

Saudi men banned from marrying Pakistani women
By Web Desk
Published: August 6, 2014

Saudi Arabia has imposed a new law banning Saudi men from marrying women from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Chad and Burma, Morocco World News reported.

The law also imposes restrictive rules on men marrying Moroccan women.

Quoting Saudi daily Makkah newspaper, the report states that “Saudis will not be able to marry citizens of four nationalities,” naming Pakistan, Bangladesh, Burma and Chad as the four nations.

The director of Makkah police, Major General Assaf Qureshi told the Saudi paper that marriage requests from outside Saudi Arabia are made through official procedures under very strict terms. One of the restrictions is that the age gap between the couple cannot exceed 25 years.

In order to marry outside the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), Saudis must submit an application to a government committee and wait for their approval or rejection. The applications can take a long time to be processed.

The government has not given any official statement clarifying the new restrictions on marrying foreigners.

yes but they can marry indian women

Too late. They already are as retarded as they get.

what is bothering you so much?

They aren't. I think there is a law prohibiting Saudi women from marrying non arabs.

Yup maybe you are right, my male cousin is Saudi National with pure Indonesian blood.

Yup maybe you are right, my male cousin is Saudi National with pure Indonesian blood.
How did he get Saudi nationality? I thought they don't give nationality or citizenship to foreigners? Or maybe I am confusing with Kuwait, I'm not sure.

If you didn't get it yet, you'll never get it..............people such as yourself (full of Arab lovin and self hating) are not dangerous (anymore), yet are pure annoyance.....what to do about this annoyance? Zarb-e-Azb on a grander scale in every city and town, starting from yours! :D

Next time, you'll know very well what is pissing me off, before you ask what's up with me........

what is bothering you so much?

yes but they can marry indian women
If it's out of mutual love, all power to them; but the kind of "marriages" they have been doing, I wish they don't. Many Indian muslim girls have been sold off for money by poverty stricken parents, to rich Arabs who then use them terribly.

No, they are all saudi regime laws not Islamic laws, retards have 7 million population and large lands, they'll have implications on with-in tribe/family marriages...

Their population is now 25 million

How did he get Saudi nationality? I thought they don't give nationality or citizenship to foreigners? Or maybe I am confusing with Kuwait, I'm not sure.
I suggest that you read my post number 48. Everyone should actually.

Saudi Arabians come from diverse origins as that region of the world was a center for the biggest and most ancient trade routes for millenniums and is located next to Europe, Africa and the remaining Asia.

Be it the incense Route, Indian Ocean/Arabian Sea trade or pre-Neolithic migrations from the Arabian Peninsula into the remaining world and vice versa.

Whether from nearby Arab countries or non-Arab countries. Especially in Hijaz which has historically been one of the most cosmopolitan areas in the Islamic world. Even Europeans settled there. In Hijaz there is a significant amount of people of an Indonesian (mostly Sumatran) origin and they are descendants of the many thousands of Indonesian pilgrims that arrived for hajj and umrah in Hijaz and settled down. Long before the time of passports etc.

It is my other branch of big family, some of them are Saudi national since birth,

I suggest that you read my post number 48. Everyone should actually.

Saudi Arabians come from diverse origins as that region of the world was a center for the biggest and most ancient trade routes for millennium and is located next to Europe, Africa and the remaining Asia.

Whether from nearby Arab countries or non-Arab countries. Especially in Hijaz which has historically been one of the most cosmopolitan areas in the Islamic world. Even Europeans settled there. In Hijaz there is a significant amount of people of an Indonesian (mostly Sumatran) origin and they are descendants of the many thousands of Indonesian pilgrims that arrived for hajj and umrah in Hijaz and settled down. Long before the time of passports etc.

That's what I figured, in the present day foreigners cannot aquire citizenship or nationality, right?

In the US, I have met a man from S Arabia who runs a restaurant, and he had pale blue eyes. Is that feature common in SA, among people of European ancestry?

lol what is the reason behind this stupid law

Burma due to refugee influx, Bangladesh due to illegal immigration, Pakistanis due to culture

I believe these restriction exist for Africans from Ethiopia and Somalia.

women from other countries are considered not a problem. Morocco is in the middle due to prostitution and trafficking of women

That's what I figured, in the present day foreigners cannot aquire citizenship or nationality, right?

In general, @janon , then Saudi Arabians come from very diverse origins as that region of the world was a center for the biggest and most ancient trade routes for millenniums and is located next to Europe, Africa and the remaining Asia. Most Saudi Arabians can trace their origins to nearby Yemen, Egypt, Levant or Iraq and the same people vice versa.

Be it the incense Route, Indian Ocean/Arabian Sea trade or pre-Neolithic migrations from the Arabian Peninsula into the remaining world and vice versa.

Incense Route - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indian Ocean trade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For instance how do you think that our Afro-Arabs got into the ME to begin with? That was another kind of trade though and later it was just migrations.

Yes, it is possible but it is not often given. It can be given on the basis of ancestry (paternal) or if you have done services for the country that merits that honor.

In short Saudi Arabian nationality is very much sought after and if the GCC did not have restrictive laws on this area then we would be flooded by Muslims from across the world - mostly from poor countries which are in abundance in the Muslim world.

Look how many illegal migrants we have.

This news is pure nonsense anyway and nowhere in that nonsense article posted is there anything written about an actual ban.

I refer to my post 48 in this thread where I explained everything.

First of all, singling out women from 4 (or n-number of) countries is pure discrimination, and frankly quite stupid. I cant say for Bangladesh, or Chad, or Myanmar, but women from Pakistan are simply not lining up to marry Saudi men (who wants to be the 3rd or 4th or n-number wife of a man?). Besides, Pakistani (and other foreign women except maids) women residing in KSA are with their husbands. KSA laws prohibit workers/residents from keeping their adult children with them in KSA. Secondly, most women from Chad and Myanmar would be non-Muslims and I don't think Saudis like to marry non-Muslim women (or giving them the legal status of a wife), in-fact, they most probably are not allowed to in the first place. I am not sure about Bangladeshi women but unlike Philippines, and Indonesia, I don't think Bangladesh sends women as maids to work in Saudi households. Something does not look right about this report.

most women from Chad are Muslims, and the majority of women from Myanmar are Muslim

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom