What's new

Saudi-Iran spat: Pakistan ‘ready to act as mediator’

nadeemkhan110

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
LAHORE: Adviser to Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz has said that Pakistan will play the role of a mediator between Saudi Arabia and Iran at an “appropriate time”.

Speaking to media during a function at the National College of Arts, he said relations between Saudi Arabia and Iran were tense and diplomacy demanded a balanced approach.

“When the right time comes, which may be in a week, a month or later, Pakistan will play a positive role.”

He said at the moment Pakistan was more interested in safeguarding its own interests with focus on security.

“We don’t want that some sectarian friction erupts, therefore, whatever will be said or done needs great care,” he said. “We don’t want that terrorist elements take any advantage of the Iran-Saudi Arabia tension.”

Asked about the Pathankot incident, Mr Aziz said Pakistan was investigating it.

Information Minister Pervaiz Rasheed, who was present at the media talk, said the Sindh chief minister had met Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, and the premier had asked Chaudhry Nisar to address the issues of the Sindh government.

Asked about KP Chief Minister Pervaiz Khattak’s concern at optic fibre issue, he said in a lighter vein that Khattak did not have technical understanding of these things. “When I will meet Khattak, he will understand it.”

The information minister earlier praised the National College of Arts which, he said, had its identity all over the world.

Sartaj Aziz, who is chairperson of the NCA’s Board of Governors, said he held the works of the artists in high esteem. He said young artists had immense talent and NCA Principal Murtaza Jaffri had told him that 90pc of their students got jobs after passing out within just six months.

The graduates exhibited their works at the Degree Show.

Published in Dawn, January 10th, 2016

If india attack Pakistan

.Iran would help Pakistan NO NEVER, NEVER HAPPENED IN PAST.

.saudia will help Pakistan YES AS ALWAYS

SO ANSWER IS VERY MUCH CLEAR

YES TILL LAST MOMENT SHOULD MEDIATE TO PREVENT MISHAPS AS MEDIATOR.

If india attack Pakistan

.Iran would help Pakistan NO NEVER, NEVER HAPPENED IN PAST.

.saudia will help Pakistan YES AS ALWAYS

SO ANSWER IS VERY MUCH CLEAR

YES TILL LAST MOMENT SHOULD MEDIATE TO PREVENT MISHAPS AS MEDIATOR.
you need to study, Iran helped us many times specially in 1965 war they provide squadrons and many things.
Saudi Arabia only help Nawaz Sharif govt that's it.

Don't live in the past. Imagine just one minutes what will Muslim world look like if Saudi and Iranian childish conflit go further... All Muslim world would be set on fire... And our enemies will enjoy popcorn...

It's the biggest trap set for us... It depend on all of us about what we want

Pakistan is taking Saudi side how Pakistan can be a mediator?
Yes Pakistan will always take Saudi side because our Qibla is in Saudi Arabia. Any attempt to overthrow Al Saud family means chaos and destabilization in Makkah and Madinah too. So As long as I am concerned and Pakistanis I know We will fight till death in defence of Saudi Arabia.

pakistan just STFU and mind own CPEC and load shedding issues

10785096_788661781194493_1965420648_n.jpg

Yes Pakistan will always take Saudi side because our Qibla is in Saudi Arabia. Any attempt to overthrow Al Saud family means chaos and destabilization in Makkah and Madinah too. So As long as I am concerned and Pakistanis I know We will fight till death in defence of Saudi Arabia.
So your Qibla will be endangered if Saudi regime is toppled? I don't know whether you noticed what you just admitted right now.

Anyway, absolute majority of Pakistanis I have seen here are more concerned with Pakistan, they are not willing to die for Saudi Arabia, Iran or any other country. So you have every right to kill yourself for Saudi kings and princes, but generalizing that to all Pakistanis? Well that's absurd.

And btw it's not surprising that people you know also want to die for Saudi Arabia, because birds of a feather flock together, or don't they?

you need to study, Iran helped us many times specially in 1965 war they provide squadrons and many things.
Saudi Arabia only help Nawaz Sharif govt that's it.
My dear if you only focus on present situation leaving past. Iran is 100 folds more tied to india than dear Pakistan. Please facts can't be denied.

Every country that i read in news are ready to act as as mediator... :D

Pakistan,russia and include my country

If I am not wrong, mediators role are played by someone who has trust of both the parties, has considerable influence over both the parties and is much more powerful than both the parties. These are the minimum 3 criterias required to be a mediator.

Pakistan receives aid money from Saudi, Iran does not trust Pakistan, and Pakistan has no influence whatsoever over either Iran or Saudi Arabia( infact its the other way round). So, how can Pakistan possible play the role of a mediator!?

Its like two business tycoons are fighting over a particular issue, and the employee of one of the tycoon wants to be the mediator. Just imagine the reaction of the other party.

Back
Top Bottom