What's new

Saudi-Iran spat: Pakistan ‘ready to act as mediator’

So your Qibla will be endangered if Saudi regime is toppled? I don't know whether you noticed what you just admitted right now.

Anyway, absolute majority of Pakistanis I have seen here are more concerned with Pakistan, they are not willing to die for Saudi Arabia, Iran or any other country. So you have every right to kill yourself for Saudi kings and princes, but generalizing that to all Pakistanis? Well that's absurd.

And btw it's not surprising that people you know also want to die for Saudi Arabia, because birds of a feather flock together, or don't they?
My friend,we have no other choice.While having neighbors like India and Afghanistan,and seeing up past history of this region,what do you suggest?what should Pakistanis do at this point?
Besides,Pakistan also do not want to take sides of any country.No matter which country sets on fire,for Pakistan and world it will be a just a muslim country rather than shia majority or sunni majority.

regards

Last edited:
That is your assumption.... Iran was the first country to recognize Pakistan's independence
History is history
Unless Iran or pakistan change their policies there was no chance of closer interaction

So your Qibla will be endangered if Saudi regime is toppled? I don't know whether you noticed what you just admitted right now.

Anyway, absolute majority of Pakistanis I have seen here are more concerned with Pakistan, they are not willing to die for Saudi Arabia, Iran or any other country. So you have every right to kill yourself for Saudi kings and princes, but generalizing that to all Pakistanis? Well that's absurd.

And btw it's not surprising that people you know also want to die for Saudi Arabia, because birds of a feather flock together, or don't they?
I think both Iran and Saudia should take steps to decrease these skyrocketing tensions and play their role as united and responsible Islamic states. Saudi shouldn't have executed Nimr and that also at a time when the hajj incident where 400+ Iranians died was still fresh in minds. It was an irresponsible move in my eyes. But I do believe that Iran can be a paragon and quell tensions despite the slight done against it.

Pakistan should not get involved in this dispute in any way other than being a mediator to the conflict. We have a Shia population higher than even Iran and have good relations with both Saudia as a supporter and Iran as a neighbor. No action should be taken that endangers either relationship.

That is your assumption.... Iran was the first country to recognize Pakistan's independence
I agree. That should count for something. But we need to step very carefully so that we antagonize neither Iran nor Saudi. Though I have unfavourable views about the house of Saud, neutrality is the key here.

My friend,we have no other choice.While having neighbors like India and Afghanistan,and seeing up past history of this region,what do you suggest?what should Pakistanis do at this point?
Besides,Pakistan also do want to take sides of any country.No matter which country sets on fire,for Pakistan and world it will be a just a muslim country rather than shia majority or sunni majority.

regards

Pakistan is wise not to take sides at present, but it is only a matter of time before circumstances forced it to take sides.

Pakistan is wise not to take sides at present, but it is only a matter of time before circumstances forced it to take sides.
Sir,they are trying hard for such a long time,but getting nothing except thainga!

regards

Sir,they are trying hard for such a long time,but getting nothing except thainga!

regards

Pakistan is trying to tread a fine line, but I can assure you that certain commitments have already been put in motion. Sooner or later, Pakistan will get involved in this situation in a deeper way. There is no avoiding it.

If I am not wrong, mediators role are played by someone who has trust of both the parties, has considerable influence over both the parties and is much more powerful than both the parties. These are the minimum 3 criterias required to be a mediator.

Pakistan receives aid money from Saudi, Iran does not trust Pakistan, and Pakistan has no influence whatsoever over either Iran or Saudi Arabia( infact its the other way round). So, how can Pakistan possible play the role of a mediator!?

Its like two business tycoons are fighting over a particular issue, and the employee of one of the tycoon wants to be the mediator. Just imagine the reaction of the other party.
Pakistan played the same role Between US and china so what you have to say about that.

Yes Pakistan will always take Saudi side because our Qibla is in Saudi Arabia. Any attempt to overthrow Al Saud family means chaos and destabilization in Makkah and Madinah too. So As long as I am concerned and Pakistanis I know We will fight till death in defence of Saudi Arabia.

One serious question; should there be an armed revolt induced in Saudi Arabia and the royals are either thrown out or killed, will Pakistani military secure the cities of Mecca and Medina?

You have a military agreement to protect these two cities at all costs right?

To Iran also it maybe holy because there are Muslims there as well, but in a confusing conflict anything can cause havoc.

Just a question.

this has to be a joke, pakistan acting as a mediator, a mediator that threatned to wipe iran out of existence if it threatened saudi lol joke of the year.

Pakistan should referee a wrestling match between Saudi Arabia and Iran. Iran would win though. :p:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom