What's new

Saudi Arabia's missile base 'with launch pads aimed at Israel and Iran'

I guess you are referring to the DF-3 right? I saw some baboons here saying that there were 18 :lol: never buy what they say. Actually, the DF-3 has been taken out of service ages ago.

And Yes, the RSAD does build missiles on its own either via ToT or local-development.

images

I'm refering to the beast CSS-5 that Saudis have bought recently, and yes I know about Saudis developing ICBMs, I remember the indigenous Saudi 700 KM BM test that was aired at the time around 1998, but we never heard sth similar since then.

because there is no guidance in first stage of firing.
A ballistic missile goes up first to a certain hight(depends on the missile)first then goes into the direction required and still can change into another direction even multiple times(again depends on the missile).
So,it doesnt matter where its pointed at.
Its not a Dart.

A ballistic missile goes up first to a certain hight(depends on the missile)first then goes into the direction required and still can change into another direction even multiple times(again depends on the missile).
Its not a Dart.

They are just making a big deal out of the Silos locations. It is the RSBMF training base, you can see the school complex and trianing field in the center.

Right now we know of base 511, 522, 533, 544 and 566.

Its not a Dart.
man, it does not go up with the degree of 90 at all!the guidance mostly is used at finall stage in order for least CEP.

man, it does not go up with the degree of 90 at all!the guidance mostly is used at finall stage in order for least CEP.
So if the silos(or launch direction) pointed at you,you are the target?
Thats bs,even if not 90 degrees up a certain hight is requiered.
Just agree that the direction of the launch pads have nothing to do with the target,the rest is unimportant.

Lets say they are directed at Iran and Israel,why the US selling sophisticated weapons to KSA?
I mean after all they are going for Israel when Iran is no more a threat,or am i wrong?
See it doesnt add up,so it must be some training facility like Mosamania said.

because there is no guidance in first stage of firing.

In all honesty, I don't know why everybody is making a meal out of it.

They are just making a big deal out of the Silos locations. It is the RSBMF training base, you can see the school complex and trianing field in the center.

Right now we know of base 511, 522, 533, 544 and 566.

I guess the RSAD college is in Taif, right?

saudis will be very stupid if do such thing and lunch even one missile at iran. israel is waiting for such opportunity to weaken arabs and iran. but actually it doesnt matter for us israel attacks or saudi our answer is more than 500 missiles to their strategic places in the first hours. arab s power in missile industry in comparison with iran is like the distance of indians and englishs tech at the first finding of america.

Why would they attack you in 1st place? As far as my knowledge is concerned, your issue lies with Israel and the US right?

Saudi don't need to do that ISrael will never attack Saudi
and Iran will never Saudi
it is crazy and for the news Israel will just shoot it down and nuke Saudi

Well, actions speak louder than words. Just so you know, in the mid 80s - during Reagan's old good days - the Israelis threatened to attack us, but we didn't see a damn thing :pop:..

As for Iran, why the devil are we going to attack them for? LoLz.

The point that I was trying to make is that Iran's develops in a way that's totally different from KSA, as such, you can't compare oranges with apples. Also, Iran is under tough sanctions, if that helps you to understand what I'm struggling to pinpoint.
but your pet actually made a comparison.

anyway,your oil once will be finished.wont it?

What do you mean by " Oil once finished " I'm afraid that you have to wait for a century, Iran has huge reserves of oil as well. Not to mention both nations' natural resources.

images

I'm refering to the beast CSS-5 that Saudis have bought recently,

Is there any source stating so? CSS-5, aka DF-21 (basic version) is a 2,150 KM MRBM. No country is allowed to sell Missiles over the range of 300 KM's.

and yes I know about Saudis developing ICBMs,

You don't just "develop" ICBM's without first conducting Missile tests with shorter range Ballistic Missiles.

If Saudis had a Ballistic Missile development program then they would have conducted previous tests with different variants of Ballistic Missiles with shorter ranges to get a basic idea and understanding of Ballistic Missiles.

You can't just go from nothing to developing a ICBM (you do know what ICBM stands for right?).

Every country that has a active Ballistic Missile program has conducted many tests before deploying proven Missile platforms.

Saudi has not tested any previous Ballistic Missiles. If it had, then there would be many reports from reliable and reputable sources. You can't hid a Ballistic Missile launch.

I remember the indigenous Saudi 700 KM BM test that was aired at the time around 1998, but we never heard sth similar since then.

Do you have any reputable sources on this "test"?

Any video footage from this "airing" of the "test"?

BM launches cannot be concealed.

Hi please could you provide some info on SA indeginious missile program. I could not find anything on the net claiming there is such a thing. Unless it is a covert programme which SA has kept under wraps I think SA is just beginning. However give SA economic and strategic clout current Iranian advantage many be very short lived

They can't hide a Missile program if they even have one to begin with. You have to conduct Missile Launch tests occasionally to test the operational capabilities and readiness for deployment of missiles, same way as Pakistan, India, Iran, and other countries with Missile programs do from time to time.

When a Ballistic Missile is launched it leaves a massive signature. No such launch has been reported from Saudi.

@Hassan_Ishtiaq

The info about RSBMF is very rare, all I know is that Saudis won't create a separate branch with colleges, silos, multi-billion top secret sites and thousands of recruited staff over a couple of old Chinese BMs.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Hassan_Ishtiaq

The info about RSBMF is very rare, all I know is that Saudis won't create a separate branch with colleges, silos, multi-billion top secret sites and thousands of recruited staff over a couple of old Chinese BMs.

Perhaps they won't. Those Chinese BM's sold to Saudi in the past have become obsolete and would make no sense for any country to maintain those Missiles. But you can't have a active Missile program without testing Missiles, otherwise the so called "missile program" is in-active, in other words it doesn't exist.

There is a trend among countries that have developed Missile Programs. This trend is not seen in Saudi. Testing is a major part of a Missile program in order to verify the operational readiness of a Missile and to see if it meets testing parameters.

Once a Missile is launched, it leaves behind a signature, or trail that can be easily detected. Suppose Saudis conducted a BM test, they would have to inform neighboring countries, including Israel and Iran of such a test in order not to provoke a missile response from those two countries. But informing your neighbors is going to break out the news of the Test. Thus, the whole world would have known of the Missile test you stated was conducted in 1998.

China is a signatory to a treaty which does not permit the sale of Missiles having range over 300 km.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom