What's new

Saudi Arabian Air, Land, Naval Forces & SANG

Impressive work by the RSAF. Even using the AIM-120 on drones. They're getting quite a bit of experience fighting this airial portion of this war. Looks like an AIM-9X at one point in the video that takes that radical 180 degree turn and slams the yootie drone. Great stuff. 7 for 7 and 4 for 4 in AD. Watch how fast that AIM-120 launches off its rail!

@The SC is that manufactured in Saudi soil?
SAMI signed an agreement for a ToT with Thales around short range air to air missiles and radars in 2019. I believe these particular missiles are purchased directly from France though, local production hasn't started.

Alleged first use of the MICA VL missile with Saudi National Guard

That thing has some killer speed to it! Look at how fast it goes. Reminds me of the Buk SAM system which also has a blistering speed at launch and initial level flight. Very impressive.

Speaking of impressive, so isn't the Saudi Eurofighter Typhoon. I think because of the colors the Kingdom chose to paint them, makes them that much sexier and so beautiful to look at. That radome and whole front fuselage with the canopy and canards is just spectacular.

Saudiya is signing a contract for repairing and overhauling the Eurofighter Typhoon fighter engines for the first time in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
• In the coming weeks, the company will sign similar agreements with European manufacturers.
• The company also obtained a certificate of approval of the maintenance part M05 and the certificate of M12 earlier
Look at these beauties!
1626395149056.png

الدفاع العربي Defense Arab on Twitter: "• توقيع عقد اصلاح وتوضيب محركات المقاتلة Eurofighter Typhoon لأول مره في المملكة العربية السعودية 🇸🇦 • ستوقع الشركة في الأسابيع القادمة اتفاقيات مماثلة مع الشركات المصنعة الأوربية • كذلك حصلت الشركة على شهادة اعتماد الصيانه الجزء M05 و شهادة M12 في وقت سابق https://t.co/V27R7KRRQ5" / Twitter

Did you know that the Mirage 4000 (that we were just talking about roughly a month or two ago on the EGY Army thread) was being designed and exhibited strictly for Saudi Arabia? I just found this out yesterday and forgot to bookmark the source but I will go back and find it.

Anyway, Dassault designed it, built several prototypes and were ready to present it to Saudiya in hopes they would love it and sign a huge contract that would fund the assembly line and an export model for any other countries interested in it BUT, as this was about to happen, the Brits snuck in under the table and no one saw them and got Saudiya to sign for the Panavia Tornado you see above, and hence ending the dream that was to be the beautiful and gorgeous and probably super deadly Mirage 4000, leaving Dassault with just the 2000 and eventually developing the completely new airframe in the Rafale.

Just found this out yesterday and found it rather interesting that the vaunted Mirage 4000 was specifically being pitched to Saudi Arabia, something I bet not to many knew only to be bumped and shown the door to the Tornado.

Did you know that the Mirage 4000 (that we were just talking about roughly a month or two ago on the EGY Army thread) was being designed and exhibited strictly for Saudi Arabia? I just found this out yesterday and forgot to bookmark the source but I will go back and find it.

Anyway, Dassault designed it, built several prototypes and were ready to present it to Saudiya in hopes they would love it and sign a huge contract that would fund the assembly line and an export model for any other countries interested in it BUT, as this was about to happen, the Brits snuck in under the table and no one saw them and got Saudiya to sign for the Panavia Tornado you see above, and hence ending the dream that was to be the beautiful and gorgeous and probably super deadly Mirage 4000, leaving Dassault with just the 2000 and eventually developing the completely new airframe in the Rafale.

Just found this out yesterday and found it rather interesting that the vaunted Mirage 4000 was specifically being pitched to Saudi Arabia, something I bet not to many knew only to be bumped and shown the door to the Tornado.
Yes..that has happened after the US at that time refused to sell the F-15s to KSA ..So the Brits were called in with the Tornado to put pressure on the US ..while the French were just testing their Mirage 4000.. It was a real beauty..But the target was the F-15 that finally came ..and in staggering numbers at that..

article_5da0a2de9af835_47553937.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

There is talk that the Saudi Ministry of Defense has decided to acquire Leonardo’s STRALES system.

Officers from the Royal Saudi Naval Forces (RSNF) are said to be concerned about the increasing drone attacks against oil tankers and commercial ships in the Gulf region and the Sea of Oman, as they believe that such attacks could also target military crafts and vessels.

Oto_Melara_Strales_76mm_Euronaval_2012_news.jpg

There is talk that the Saudi Ministry of Defense has decided to acquire Leonardo’s STRALES system.

Officers from the Royal Saudi Naval Forces (RSNF) are said to be concerned about the increasing drone attacks against oil tankers and commercial ships in the Gulf region and the Sea of Oman, as they believe that such attacks could also target military crafts and vessels.

Oto_Melara_Strales_76mm_Euronaval_2012_news.jpg

Look at the size of those shells, lol. That's a great system with it's own built-in radar and I bet it has quite the accuracy rating.

04d6115596f9fbe9-1-1068x683.jpg

The Kozak-5 is a lightweight armored vehicle for special forces, designed to perform police or auxiliary military tasks. Is intended for small groups transporting and using its body as armor screen in case of skirmishes. Also can be equipped by ladder for buildings assault.

The vehicle has a complex of anti-blast features that provides STANAG 4569 level 2 of blast protection, which is uncommon for vehicles of this class.

As noted by the company, the key feature – outstanding dynamic characteristics due to the extremely high power-to-weight ratio (34,5 HP/t). The maximum road speed of the vehicle is 150 km/h

Kozak 5 is based on Ford F550 4×4 truck chassis specially enforced (front axle strengthening, suspension and brakes enforcing, bigger wheels installing for armored vehicle building).

1628827254020.png

1628827220262.png

The contract was in favor of the Presidency of State Security and the vehicles appeared with the Special Security Forces

This can be a good JV ..

Back
Top Bottom