What's new

Saudi Arabian Air, Land, Naval Forces & SANG

I believe their Federal Gov't approved the sale of 200 and something tanks but not the 800.

If the deal is off then we should make no further deals with them.

I think Saudi Army is again interested in more M1s than german tanks.

An interesting read but I wonder if AK-2 fits here instead of older AMX light tanks..and why not switch from older AMX which are even older and than the older M1s of Saudi land forces...very strange.

Armored Brigade) currently armed with US equipment like M1 Abrams tanks, M2 Bradleys et. al., and a “French brigade” (4th Armored Brigade) armed with French equipment including AMX-30 tanks, AMX-10P APCs, et. al. Indeed, Saudi equipment throughout its land forces tends to be a mixture of American and French equipment as a rule. This hedges against supplier continuity and creates wider markers for geopolitical favors, at the cost of increased maintenance burdens and potential logistical and interoperability headaches. The Tribune-Libanaise’s 2006 article “The Dynamics of Weapons Procurement in Gulf States” offers outstanding insight and background in this area.

Some people did make this speculation, that more M1s would be a viable option. Earlier last year, when the Saudi- modified M1 was revealed to the public in Dubai, the army said that they might not order the leopards and that they would go for the upgraded version of the M1.

The current M1s have been specially modified, upgraded in KSA under the RSF requirements. The first 15 tanks will be built in the US while the rest will be built in KSA.

If the RSF is interested in having more of these then I guess all what they should do is not to negotiate, but rather to place an order.

The Saudi-Abram version was shown in Dubai in 2013:

554955_516374278415585_986366946_n.jpg

You may refer to the link below where the news have been covered:
السعودية تطور دبابة القتال الرئيسية M1A2S بالتعاون مع جنرال دايناميك

An interesting read but I wonder if AK-2 fits here instead of older AMX light tanks..and why not switch from older AMX which are even older and than the older M1s of Saudi land forces...very strange.

According to some Pakistani members here, they said that the AK-2s should meet the RSF requirements without having any further modification, but maybe just a few configurations.

If more Abrams were to be ordered then these Abrams will surely be completed different from the older ones, which means being an old is not an issue here. Just think of it this way, if the Leopard was too old to be procured then no country should have placed orders over the last few years, same goes with the F-16s and the F-15s. In short, being an old should be really no problem as long as they're up to date, technologically.

As for the use of equipments per brigades, it was always dedicated the geographical environment per province. That's why the 4 Brigades used the AMX tanks in the Southern region unlike the mountainous provinces to the North.

P.S.
Nadim Hasbani is a douchebag, he goes along with the ones who pay the most to be hailed and praised by him. At first he used to be in line with the Pan-Arabs of the Levant, which are in some way connected to Hezbollah and Iran, then he went off with the Qatari's and now with the UAE.

Armored Brigade) currently armed with US equipment like M1 Abrams tanks, M2 Bradleys et. al., and a “French brigade” (4th Armored Brigade) armed with French equipment including AMX-30 tanks, AMX-10P APCs, et. al. Indeed, Saudi equipment throughout its land forces tends to be a mixture of American and French equipment as a rule. This hedges against supplier continuity and creates wider markers for geopolitical favors, at the cost of increased maintenance burdens and potential logistical and interoperability headaches. The Tribune-Libanaise’s 2006 article “The Dynamics of Weapons Procurement in Gulf States” offers outstanding insight and background in this area.

@Yzd Khalifa, my point was the article mentions Saudi Land Forces are operating US and French equipment what are the chances that AMX is replaced as it should be pretty obsolete by 2020 and switched to JV product AK-2[ or any other variant they possible JV come up with]. What do you think. US and Pak/KSA equipment atleast wen it comes to Tanks. To be fair M1 is more than enough and KSA need not go for Altay MBT like product. M1s are all going to get the most technological inputs/upgrades.

@Yzd Khalifa, my point was the article mentions Saudi Land Forces are operating US and French equipment what are the chances that AMX is replaced as it should be pretty obsolete by 2020 and switched to JV product AK-2[ or any other variant they possible JV come up with]. What do you think. US and Pak/KSA equipment atleast wen it comes to Tanks. To be fair M1 is more than enough and KSA need not go for Altay MBT like product. M1s are all going to get the most technological inputs/upgrades.

I see what you mean. I was just commenting on the paper as a whole, but I took your points for granted.

The AMX didn't do a thing to be good during the Gulf War. We deployed them to the city of Khafji wherein the Iraqi Republican Army was trying to advance into our soil.

I think they're being phased out and that's that.

The RSF or the SANG ought better look into the AK-2, I think it would be a better option to go for due to multiple reasons.

KSA should look in to developing in a JV with Germany Tanks, APCs, Military and Commercial Trucks and other needed land vehicles.

Why should KSA look into JV with Germany why not with the closest ally in Asia. germans or even french would ask abnormally huge cash investments compared to investing in Pakistan or join venture with Chinese/Indonesian side as well.

Why should KSA look into JV with Germany why not with the closest ally in Asia. germans or even french would ask abnormally huge cash investments compared to investing in Pakistan or join venture with Chinese/Indonesian side as well.

Pakistan is quite low tech in technology, all is Chinese... KSA has its own APC and MRAPS...

Pakistan is quite low tech in technology, all is Chinese... KSA has its own APC and MRAPS...

Pakistan is short of funds many small/medium projects are in stasis...if all is Chinese than how do you assume KSA JV with germany would be a different one it would again be "all german product". See you answered it yourself if KSA has its own APC/MRAPs than why would they need to go to germany for JV. How difficult is it to build a truck inside KSA, did you know our stupid goverment imports buses from other parts of the world while inside out country hinopak develops one of the best buses you give them funds they will deveop for you best of products for both military and civil the first thing is provide them with funds and give them time to come up with prototype....see indian TATA they were nothing today they are a multinational respectable company and for the right reasons.

Pakistan is short of funds many small/medium projects are in stasis...if all is Chinese than how do you assume KSA JV with germany would be a different one it would again be "all german product". See you answered it yourself if KSA has its own APC/MRAPs than why would they need to go to germany for JV. How difficult is it to build a truck inside KSA, did you know our stupid goverment imports buses from other parts of the world while inside out country hinopak develops one of the best buses you give them funds they will deveop for you best of products for both military and civil the first thing is provide them with funds and give them time to come up with prototype....see indian TATA they were nothing today they are a multinational respectable company and for the right reasons.

Hino is owned by TATA and PA has trucks of Hino :)

But I want KSA to develop their own automotive industry with German help....

Hino is owned by TATA and PA has trucks of Hino :)

But I want KSA to develop their own automotive industry with German help....

as far as i know hino Pakistan is now independent not a dime goes to any other country but lack of interest and help from government means the company will vanish very soon...mr shabaz got buses from turkey and EU but did not bother to invest and get it from Hino Pak.. believe me there are private companies that need a little boost and join funds from government to produce best products only if govt is sincere.

as far as i know hino Pakistan is now independent not a dime goes to any other country but lack of interest and help from government means the company will vanish very soon...mr shabaz got buses from turkey and EU but did not bother to invest and get it from Hino Pak.. believe me there are private companies that need a little boost and join funds from government to produce best products only if govt is sincere.

Sir, how do you know that? Also its really time for PA along with Pak Military and local buyers to give a good chance to Master Motors and also brought up some more companies that would be able to make their own vehicles... We have the know how and complete knowledge of it since 3-4 decades....

Sir, how do you know that? Also its really time for PA along with Pak Military and local buyers to give a good chance to Master Motors and also brought up some more companies that would be able to make their own vehicles... We have the know how and complete knowledge of it since 3-4 decades....

Bhai invite local companies...there should be a conference govt should call upon them to show their inventory products/concepts/prototype and anything else support them...a yearly IDEAS like products display. Pakistan should now atleast start most of military veiches/trucks other similar products at home...look at turkey even serbians...joint venture is another good way forwards but it should always be with closest neighbors/allies.

Not true. Hardly any country - with an average economy - prefers to import the TATA due to its poor quality.

Also not true.

Have you not noticed the ugly white monstrosities on Riyadh roads, Ashok Layland by TaTa.

Private companies buy them 'cause they're cheap Salman. But other companies go for the best.

If there is another car company selling its buses at less prices, it won't be TATA.

Back
Top Bottom