What's new

Saudi Arabia, Zionism, Peace and the Palestinian Cause

Of course it can be. Jordan used US weapons against Israel in 1967 and 1973 wars for example.

Besides KSA buys weapons not just from USA. They buy lots of weapons from Europe.

No if you look at the threads on F16s etc on this forum you will see that there have been discussions that there is serious doubt about these weapons being used against Israel.

Israeli concerns about the newest deal have been reportedly calmed by assurances that the jets will lack long-range weapons systems and be of a lower grade than those sold to Israel. Defense Minister Ehud Barak has reportedly discussed the deal with US officials and a US Defense Department official told Reuters that Israel is "fairly comfortable" with it overall. As an editorial in The Jerusalem Post recently highlighted, "If the US does not sell to the Gulf states, EU countries or even Russia, which are much less receptive to Israeli interests, might fill the vacuum."

Why $60 billion in US arms to Saudi Arabia isn't causing an outcry - CSMonitor.com

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

O

Simply Iranian sponsored Shira disturbance in Saudi Arabia and its allies are much much more likely than Israeli raid on Mecca.

Also unlike Iran Israel never threatened to shipping in Hormuz

An Israeli stirring the pot eh. Who is the real winner in animosity between Arabs and Iranians??? I would say Israel

I hope in the coming years that what you say is the case. But I think the acid test will be when Saudis change from Americans the empire that is on its way out to the rising empire on the way up of the Chinese.

You do realize that the second most common Military medal in our military is Chinese right? And that we have send troops by the thousands to China, Russia and USA to learn right?? Also we send Physicists and Engineers to China and Russia regarding military subjects more than we send to the west right?? Right now our policy is about what benefits "KSA" most not what benefits country X or country Y most.

We have more Trade with China than we do the US. We have signed more military co-operations with Russia and China than we did with any western nation recently right?? Of course such info did not pass you by and it is understandable as I stated earlier KSA does not see it has to prove anything to anyone but the Leaders of the countries which are fully aware of all those things.

You do realize that the second most common Military medal in our military is Chinese right? And that we have send troops by the thousands to China, Russia and USA to learn right?? Also we send Physicists and Engineers to China and Russia regarding military subjects more than we send to the west right?? Right now our policy is about what benefits "KSA" most not what benefits country X or country Y most.

We have more Trade with China than we do the US. We have signed more military co-operations with Russia and China than we did with any western nation recently right?? Of course such info did not pass you by and it is understandable as I stated earlier KSA does not see it has to prove anything to anyone but the Leaders of the countries which are fully aware of all those things.

We are going little bit off topic here. The weapons or cooperation you have so far had from Chinese are what America wouldn't supply. For example I think you purchased some missiles from China which could hit Israel some time back.

But we have to address the thread Is the Saudi family complicit with Zionists and sadly at the moment it would appear that the foreign policy of KSA is such that it would appear so.

I do realise that it may not be easy to break away from the American but long term arms purchase do not seem to be the actions of someone moving away from that

We are going little bit off topic here. The weapons or cooperation you have so far had from Chinese are what America wouldn't supply. For example I think you purchased some missiles from China which could hit Israel some time back.

But we have to address the thread Is the Saudi family complicit with Zionists and sadly at the moment it would appear that the foreign policy of KSA is such that it would appear so

Interesting ............ how many of these rockets do the KSA possess?

No if you look at the threads on F16s etc on this forum you will see that there have been discussions that there is serious doubt about these weapons being used against Israel.
Only those who know nothing in weapons doubt. US weapons can be used against Israel without any problem, just like any other weapons.

An Israeli stirring the pot eh. Who is the real winner in animosity between Arabs and Iranians??? I would say Israel
On contrary. When Arabs and Iranians fight for hegemony they usually attack Israel to increase popularity. The main reason for Iran's anti Israeli rethorics is gaining influence in Arab world, same goes for Erdogan.

I would prefer Middle East to live and trade in peace instead trying to prove each other who is the coolest and strongest.

Interesting ............ how many of these rockets do the KSA possess?

off-topic but those missiles will never reach Israel as they have Arrow 2 and Arrow 3 coming along but Iran is a diffrent matter.

Israeli concerns about the newest deal have been reportedly calmed by assurances that the jets will lack long-range weapons systems and be of a lower grade than those sold to Israel. Defense Minister Ehud Barak has reportedly discussed the deal with US officials and a US Defense Department official told Reuters that Israel is "fairly comfortable" with it overall. As an editorial in The Jerusalem Post recently highlighted, "If the US does not sell to the Gulf states, EU countries or even Russia, which are much less receptive to Israeli interests, might fill the vacuum."

Why $60 billion in US arms to Saudi Arabia isn't causing an outcry - CSMonitor.com

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Okay you bring up several points to discuss here:
1-Why would the US and Israel say "if we don't sell them EU and Russia will"? This proves that we have no "super attachment" to the US the way it is publicized here as if we do not get the Technologically Superior (as everyone will admit) American systems we will go for others at ease. We already were the third largest buyer of Russian weapons in 2011 and the Americans know if we do not get what we want others will oblige.
2-The military deal holds a lot more than what you think as I have inside knowledge of some of its components which even took me by surprise to say the least but I will wait until such info is publicized before I start the thread on them my self.
3- We make our own AirCraft Avionics and Optronics and Electronic Warfare system suits which you can clearly see in this Company's website: Advanced Electronics Company - Projects

Only those who know nothing in weapons doubt. US weapons can be used against Israel without any problem, just like any other weapons.

On contrary. When Arabs and Iranians fight for hegemony they usually attack Israel to increase popularity. The main reason for Iran's anti Israeli rethorics is gaining influence in Arab world, same goes for Erdogan.

I would prefer Middle East to live and trade in peace instead trying to prove each other who is the coolest and strongest.

What about the kill switches in F16's the Turks have im not a military expert but plenty of others know more than me here have said similar things.

500: I understand that Saudi buys weapons from many sources but can F15's be used aganist Israel? im speaking of the present not of 1960's and 1970's when avionics was not very advanced.

From what I know all American arms come with certain strings attached and on top of that they have kill switches Pakistanis know what im talking about :azn: thats why Turkey want to remove them.
These mysterious switches are nothing but urban myth.

Right NOW. The country has broken away from the grips of religious fanatics all thanks to King Abdullah's great policies. Not only that but he set the country into a path if taken to the end we would be one of the greatest industrial nations in the world. 20 years ago we wouldn't have dreamed of making cars in our country. 20 years ago we wouldn't have dreamed of being the Industrial powerhouse of the Arab world and the middle east. 20 years ago we wouldn't have dreamed of sending 150,000 students abroad to learn everything there is to learn bringing tens of thousands of PhDs to our country to teach the next generation. 20 years ago we wouldn't have dreamed that our country would think science first. And we owe it all to King Abdullah's policy that withstood great and tremendous challenges from both in and out of the country.

Your thoughts on this please:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...m-peace-palestinian-cause-44.html#post2479213

Mate that was cool its so easy to end up getting off topic. I still stick to my assertion that the Al Saud family is only concerned with one thing at all other cost and that is preservation of that family ruling role in Arabia. They simply are not interested in really assisting Palestinians or will not risk any capital over them. They will sleep with the devil to retain power

You are wrong we are not the richest Islamic country. Saudis realize more than anyone that Oil does not make you rich it only makes you survive for a set period of time. What we need now is not money or protection. What we need now is Education. We have close to 56,000 Student studying in US colleges who we are betting a lot in. The US can kick them out overnight and it would be a huge blow to our modernization plan.49,000 of those 56,000 are studying in Scientific fields such as engineering Physics and Medicine and you seriously do not want to blow such a huge investment just to get some applause. However our policy as of late was neither west nor east instead to build our country. There was a thread here recently highlighting the huge railway project in Saudi Arabia and that is part of a hundred other similar projects. If you drive through any city you will find tens of projects similar to this one from universities to hospitals to stronger networks you name it.

We need Technology Transfer and a lot of it to build our industry which is KSA's ultimate plan now. We have set up 5 industrial cities and right now working on 35 others that are being built now to support our industrial ambitions. I know for someone who does not live here and only look at western/Iranian media our country seems to be going backwards even instead of forwards however speak to anyone who is living here and have lived here in the past 20 years and see what he tells you. We are leap frogging decades in mere years. Last year Saudi Arabia is not the same Saudi Arabia as this year. And next year will also change by decades.

Where King Abdullah "failed" is in sending Saudi students to USA or for that matter anywhere in the West. Other "Muslim" countries (even Iran) does the same, but that does not mean any such move is wise. USA has shown how much it "loves" Muslims and Arabs in Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Yemen and elsewhere. I would have hoped at least some wealthy countries' leaders in the "Muslim world" would have sufficient intellect to initiate some joint project.

Let us take the case of KAUST. This is just an import from USA. The admission requirements, the curriculum, most of the faculty, the recruitment process and many other processes either lack transparency or follow Western customs. Could not Saudis have asked Egyptians, Algerians, Moroccans and other knowledgeable Arabs and Muslims to come in, form a committee and devise a plan that suited Saudi society more?

Do you realize what negative impacts the 50,000+ Saudi students in USA and other students in the West would have on Saudi society when they import Western immorality to Saudi shores after living in the immoral West for many years?

When the Saudi government reshuffled all the high ranking positions "There was a lot of sacking from 2005-2008 with a lot of people kicked out of the country for good you see. All the previous lawmakers are now housed in their respective country of allegiance (Mostly US and UK). Even though I did not reply to your post directly I was hoping my other posts were sufficient.

Yes in the past there was some serious F***ed up $hit going on and I admit that whole heartedly and if I could apologize for the past I would however I consider the past to be a different country and not the same one I live in right now. Is the government still supporting these things?? The only "Evidences" seem to be are conspiracy theories. However are there people from Saudi Arabia supporting terrorism in Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan I have to say yes there is which are merely the remnants of the previous age which is long gone (Relatively speaking). Now terrorists mostly rely on money sold from drugs and Credit Card thievery because their previous source is drying up.

Back
Top Bottom