What's new

Saudi Arabia, Zionism, Peace and the Palestinian Cause

Mossa I have no personal animosity to you mate but on this point we will have to agree to disagree

Right NOW. The country has broken away from the grips of religious fanatics all thanks to King Abdullah's great policies. Not only that but he set the country into a path if taken to the end we would be one of the greatest industrial nations in the world. 20 years ago we wouldn't have dreamed of making cars in our country. 20 years ago we wouldn't have dreamed of being the Industrial powerhouse of the Arab world and the middle east. 20 years ago we wouldn't have dreamed of sending 150,000 students abroad to learn everything there is to learn bringing tens of thousands of PhDs to our country to teach the next generation. 20 years ago we wouldn't have dreamed that our country would think science first. And we owe it all to King Abdullah's policy that withstood great and tremendous challenges from both in and out of the country.

I want this country to progress exactly the way it is going. Even though I respect your point of view and it is none the less a valid point of view however I see it nothing further from the truth. This idea you have if our country is that of the same of the previous leadership era in that case all you say is true 100% however NOW it could not be further from the truth. Despite your articles and you asking me to disprove it by other articles which in the end of the day represent only the opinion of the writer's.

I may disagree with you but I respect your right to your opinion and contrary to how it may appear at times I am a genuine well wisher of Arabs generally. When Arabs hurt I have been brought up to feel hurt. My gripe is just with that one family

May I say if the Al-Saudi family falls it would be a catastrophe and I firmly believe this. My country is finally modernizing stupid religious clerics no longer have control over the country and we owe it to king Abdullah modernization plan. Conservatives would turn this country into Taliban like place I fully support them and all the great work they are doing for this country internally KSA have a come a looooong way in the past couple of years by-passing great challenges. Now finally I can stand up to a cleric and challenge him into scientific matters make him cower away with people's applause for me (it happened). And it was not possible for this tremendous change to happen if it wasn't for King Abdullah's support for people like me.

I want this country to progress exactly the way it is going. Even though I respect your point of view and it is none the less a valid point of view however I see it nothing further from the truth. This idea you have if our country is that of the same of the previous leadership era in that case all you say is true 100% however NOW it could not be further from the truth. Despite your articles and you asking me to disprove it by other articles which in the end of the day represent only the opinion of the writer's.

You know what Mosa, you make a good point, but what i can't seem to understand is why Saudis support extremist salafi ideology in other Muslim countries?? Saudi funded Salafiism is responsible for the deaths of many non-Arab Muslims. Why interfere in the matters of other Muslim countries? Why drag other non Arab Muslims into your problems with Israel and Iran?

Why should countries like Pakistan, Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakstan, Uzbekistan, Malaysia, Indonesia and other non-Arab Muslim countries have enmity towards Israel and Iran for the sake of Arabs/Saudi Arabs??

You can do whatever you want with your oil, you can business deal with india, have fights with Iran and Israel but don't drag others into your conflicts and don't be object if other non-Arab Muslims countries form cordial relations with Israel or Iran.

Actually we owe it to you for starting to speak the truth, otherwise as you there is a censorship in major media that does not allow to talk about the roots of Saudi Arabia and how Hijaz became Saudi. It is a big conspiracy.

We must expose corruption whether its from that snake Zardari or whether it be Arabi leaders. For too long our people have suffered whilst this minority of corrupt rulers has pretended to represent us

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Why do you not reply to my previous post?? Post #633

I have done. Sorry my typing not that fast. And after all those posts I shall now have a cigar a coffee and come back shortly lol

you were given reasons quoted from previous threads,
you decided not to accept those or you are not capable of comprehending those.

Thus you are beyond debate, that is all what I said before and I am saying now.

With respect you constantly avoid putting a substantial case for your beliefs. I summarize what i see in your posts - its a blind following without question of the Saud. It is beyond your reasoning or belief to question the actions of the weak pathetic kings of the nation. Why do you believe them to so superior or so so right? Cant you see their actions have brought so much harm to a beautiful nation? They say one thing and do another.
Your stance is quite incredible. It really is a shame that you cannot view this thread with an unbiased way - we both know you feel and believe this is a sustained attack on your religious beliefs - which it is certainly not and i would condone anyone to attack your beliefs salman

We must expose corruption whether its from that snake Zardari or whether it be Arabi leaders. For too long our people have suffered whilst this minority of corrupt rulers has pretended to represent us

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

I have done. Sorry my typing not that fast. And after all those posts I shall now have a cigar a coffee and come back shortly lol

It is amazing to know how much the corrupt of the world are close to each other and protecting each other. From Bush to Saudis to our politicians, they are all in the same league. Part of the same conspiracy.

I hope and pray that it is as you say. But I think even in this there is a tacit acceptance that not all was right in the House of Al Saud and I respect you for putting your hands up. Unfortunately you have been lucky not to have Taliban types in your country. we Pakistanis have suffered a great lot from the maddrassas that were funded by the house of of Al Saud. I would never want any country or peoples to suffer that

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

No you didn't you made statements when someone doesn't agree with your point of view you then launch personal attacks. No Sir you are being less then truthful

I admit that during the previous leadership if the US says to them jump they would say how high. Saudi Arabia was a mess. Oil was sold to the west at 4$ per barrel. 4$ per barrel man my country was beyond F*&^ed up. But we got our $hit together, stuck together and moved ahead together and got ourselves out. Being a client state (As it was the situation in the past) meant the people of said state were poor uneducated and oppressed. Now we are neither poor nor uneducated nor oppressed. These views of yours you hold over Saudi Arabia was and I say again 100% true if you are talking about the 80s and the 90s. However the situation now has changed 180 degrees.

The reputation we have of being "Lazy, Fat, Hedonistic, Uneducated, Stupid, Camel riding bunch" is true in 80s and 90s terms however they are not true now. We have come a long way since then and we have dragged ourselves out of darkness and it was no easy task by any means. We still have some ways to go but the difficult part have been crossed and we have reached the point of no return Alhumdilalh. 20 years ago Saudi people way of thought was vile to say the least always talking about Fighting infidels and dying in jihad and blah blah of that sort. However now if you tell any Saudi what is your dream he will say "I want to get an education degree in some scientific field and benefit my country in that field". We have turned Oil from a curse to a bless. I lived through all of this and I have seen my country change slowly but surely to what it is now. Bringing articles of people talking of things they do not know nothing of is insulting to all the hard work we have done.

I admit that during the previous leadership if the US says to them jump they would say how high. Saudi Arabia was a mess. Oil was sold to the west at 4$ per barrel. 4$ per barrel man my country was beyond F*&^ed up. But we got our $hit together, stuck together and moved ahead together and got ourselves out. Being a client state (As it was the situation in the past) meant the people of said state were poor uneducated and oppressed. Now we are neither poor nor uneducated nor oppressed. These views of yours you hold over Saudi Arabia was and I say again 100% true if you are talking about the 80s and the 90s. However the situation now has changed 180 degrees.

The reputation we have of being "Lazy, Fat, Hedonistic, Uneducated, Stupid, Camel riding bunch" is true in 80s and 90s terms however they are not true now. We have come a long way since then and we have dragged ourselves out of darkness and it was no easy task by any means. We still have some ways to go but the difficult part have been crossed and we have reached the point of no return Alhumdilalh. 20 years ago Saudi people way of thought was vile to say the least always talking about Fighting infidels and dying in jihad and blah blah of that sort. However now if you tell any Saudi what is your dream he will say "I want to get an education degree in some scientific field and benefit my country in that field". We have turned Oil from a curse to a bless. I lived through all of this and I have seen my country change slowly but surely to what it is now. Bringing articles of people talking of things they do not know nothing of is insulting to all the hard work we have done.

Mosa - i respect your honesty about the past. I havent seen much improvement in the last 10 years but il take your word. I accept it cant be easy standing up to the powerful USA. You are the richest Islamic nation by far and must be exceptionally careful in your relationship with them. However if you leaders realized that the power your nation holds at the moment is extreme and you could pull alot of strings. Instead all they seem to achieve and do is please the USA and ultimately Israel.One again Mosa - you must understand i love Saudi Arabia and i love the people and the beauty and heritage - i hate the leaders.

Right NOW. The country has broken away from the grips of religious fanatics all thanks to King Abdullah's great policies. Not only that but he set the country into a path if taken to the end we would be one of the greatest industrial nations in the world. 20 years ago we wouldn't have dreamed of making cars in our country. 20 years ago we wouldn't have dreamed of being the Industrial powerhouse of the Arab world and the middle east. 20 years ago we wouldn't have dreamed of sending 150,000 students abroad to learn everything there is to learn bringing tens of thousands of PhDs to our country to teach the next generation. 20 years ago we wouldn't have dreamed that our country would think science first. And we owe it all to King Abdullah's policy that withstood great and tremendous challenges from both in and out of the country.

I wish you and the Arab people well but an industrial powerhouse?? do you really think you have sufficient manpower for that what is it 20 or 25 million??

Back to topic do you think the house of Al Saud will ever move away from American influence

Can the Saudi weapons bought from USA be used aganist Israel? nope
Of course it can be. Jordan used US weapons against Israel in 1967 and 1973 wars for example.

Besides KSA buys weapons not just from USA. They buy lots of weapons from Europe.

so what will they be used for? Iran who else
Simply Iranian sponsored Shira disturbance in Saudi Arabia and its allies are much much more likely than Israeli raid on Mecca.

Also unlike Iran Israel never threatened to shipping in Hormuz

this leads many to believe in (conspiracy) rightly or wrongly.
Once again, why 30 million country should change its policies to prove something to conspiracy troll kids? Everyone who does not copy Chavez and Iran's behavour are Zionist agents?

It is amazing to know how much the corrupt of the world are close to each other and protecting each other. From Bush to Saudis to our politicians, they are all in the same league. Part of the same conspiracy.

That I would say is the bullet in the heart.

500: I understand that Saudi buys weapons from many sources but can F15's be used aganist Israel? im speaking of the present not of 1960's and 1970's when avionics was not very advanced.

From what I know all American arms come with certain strings attached and on top of that they have kill switches Pakistanis know what im talking about :azn: thats why Turkey want to remove them.

I hope in the coming years that what you say is the case. But I think the acid test will be when Saudis change from Americans the empire that is on its way out to the rising empire on the way up of the Chinese.

Mosa - i respect your honesty about the past. I havent seen much improvement in the last 10 years but il take your word. I accept it cant be easy standing up to the powerful USA. You are the richest Islamic nation by far and must be exceptionally careful in your relationship with them. However if you leaders realized that the power your nation holds at the moment is extreme and you could pull alot of strings. Instead all they seem to achieve and do is please the USA and ultimately Israel.One again Mosa - you must understand i love Saudi Arabia and i love the people and the beauty and heritage - i hate the leaders.

You are wrong we are not the richest Islamic country. Saudis realize more than anyone that Oil does not make you rich it only makes you survive for a set period of time. What we need now is not money or protection. What we need now is Education. We have close to 56,000 Student studying in US colleges who we are betting a lot in. The US can kick them out overnight and it would be a huge blow to our modernization plan.49,000 of those 56,000 are studying in Scientific fields such as engineering Physics and Medicine and you seriously do not want to blow such a huge investment just to get some applause. However our policy as of late was neither west nor east instead to build our country. There was a thread here recently highlighting the huge railway project in Saudi Arabia and that is part of a hundred other similar projects. If you drive through any city you will find tens of projects similar to this one from universities to hospitals to stronger networks you name it.

We need Technology Transfer and a lot of it to build our industry which is KSA's ultimate plan now. We have set up 5 industrial cities and right now working on 35 others that are being built now to support our industrial ambitions. I know for someone who does not live here and only look at western/Iranian media our country seems to be going backwards even instead of forwards however speak to anyone who is living here and have lived here in the past 20 years and see what he tells you. We are leap frogging decades in mere years. Last year Saudi Arabia is not the same Saudi Arabia as this year. And next year will also change by decades.

You are wrong we are not the richest Islamic country. Saudis realize more than anyone that Oil does not make you rich it only makes you survive for a set period of time. What we need now is not money or protection. What we need now is Education. We have close to 56,000 Student studying in US colleges who we are betting a lot in. The US can kick them out overnight and it would be a huge blow to our modernization plan.49,000 of those 56,000 are studying in Scientific fields such as engineering Physics and Medicine and you seriously do not want to blow such a huge investment just to get some applause. However our policy as of late was neither west nor east instead to build our country. There was a thread here recently highlighting the huge railway project in Saudi Arabia and that is part of a hundred other similar projects. If you drive through any city you will find tens of projects similar to this one from universities to hospitals to stronger networks you name it.

We need Technology Transfer and a lot of it to build our industry which is KSA's ultimate plan now. We have set up 5 industrial cities and right now working on 35 others that are being built now to support our industrial ambitions. I know for someone who does not live here and only look at western/Iranian media our country seems to be going backwards even instead of forwards however speak to anyone who is living here and have lived here in the past 20 years and see what he tells you. We are leap frogging decades in mere years. Last year Saudi Arabia is not the same Saudi Arabia as this year. And next year will also change by decades.

I hope it's not the same education you guys like to send abroad which promotes hate

BBC Shows Lessons of Hate at Some Islamic Schools in Britain - NYTimes.com

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

The 30-minute “Panorama” program quoted the Saudi government-supplied textbook as saying that Jews “looked like monkeys and pigs,”

Back
Top Bottom