What's new

Saudi Arabia wasn't always as rich as you might think...

Saudi Arabia hypothetically has always been rich..blessed with income of yearly pilgrimage and oil.
However, under the regin of King Fahad in persuit of supporting zionist american goals to anhillate soviet union / Russia, it joined the american leauge to sell oil below production cost. And hence ended up bankrupting itself too.

Saudi Arabia hypothetically has always been rich..blessed with income of yearly pilgrimage and oil.
However, under the regin of King Fahad in persuit of supporting zionist american goals to anhillate soviet union / Russia, it joined the american leauge to sell oil below production cost. And hence ended up bankrupting itself too.

King Abdullah will be remembered as even better than King Faisal. He is sitting the country in the right direction. Many here do not realize how much this country has changed on the other hand you have lived here for a long time tell them how much has changed since king Abdullah took power.

we still have a long way to go .
the Gazal car story was overblown by the media .. many question how much of it is really Saudi . ( we know that the engine is not ) .

All of this is good Mosamania, but you're not discussing the big elephant in the room, and that is political reform . we can't just carry on being subjects and not real citizens .. the whole concept of absolute monarchy in Arabia in this time and age is embarrassing to me personally as an Arabian .. and has to change .

also the corruption within the royals and the elite of this country is unimaginable . it makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about the endless billions of Riyals that goes into their pockets, the people's Riyals ! . :angry:

we still have a long way to go .
the Gazal car story was overblown by the media .. many question how much of it is really Saudi . ( we know that the engine is not ) .

All of this is good Mosamania, but you're not discussing the big elephant in the room, and that is political reform . we can't just carry on being subjects and not real citizens .. the whole concept of absolute monarchy in Arabia in this time and age is embarrassing to me personally as an Arabian .. and has to change .

also the corruption within the royals and the elite of this country is unimaginable . it makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about the endless billions of Riyals that goes into their pockets, the people's Riyals ! . :angry:

I think you would agree with me on the fact that we are not ready for political reform as a people. More than half of the population is still more loyal to his tribe than his country. Who told you we are subjects and not real citizens?? 20 years ago it was impossible for someone who was not of the royal family to hold a minister job and make changes that affect the entire country, Now it is more than possible that if you work hard enough you will get whatever place you want.

Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries still have a long way to go. If we look at Saudi Arabia we see that 90% of the export comes from Oil only, which is extremely bad. Dependence on oil will sooner or later be a big headache for the whole country. Driving around with huge oil drinking automobiles is not helping either. In 2007, non-oil manufacturing contributed 10% to Saudi Arabian GDP and less than 6% of total employment. Saudi Arabia needs first and foremost to establish a strong manufacturing basis. Saudis need to focus on developing their own cars, airplanes, home appliances, food products, efficient energy (solar or windmill (if there is wind in the desert?)) etc.

With their current capital it shouldn't be difficult at all to attract the best engineers and scientists in the world. It is just a matter of PR and creating a brand. No offense, but i think Saudi Arabia have a lot to learn from Turkey. In the last couple of decades Turkey's industry has boomed. The best home appliance brands and TVs in Turkey (and in other countries in Europe and Asia) are Turkish (Arcelik, Beko, Vestel etc). We have our own bus brands and Turkey is one of the leading automobile manufacturers in world. I don't even have to mention food products and furniture (which is doing extremely well in Europe as well.

An increased partnership with Turkey will be extremely advantageous for both Saudi Arabia and Turkey. Saudi Arabia should not spend all its money to import expensive products from Europe, Japan and USA. Turkish products are the same if not better quality. But as it has been mentioned by some Arabs above Saudi Arabia is trying to steer the economy in the right direction. Yet, decades of laziness will undoubtedly be a big problem for them. As Japan has illustrated, the importance of the society's mentality comes before everything else.

Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries still have a long way to go. If we look at Saudi Arabia we see that 90% of the export comes from Oil only, which is extremely bad. Dependence on oil will sooner or later be a big headache for the whole country. Driving around with huge oil drinking automobiles is not helping either. In 2007, non-oil manufacturing contributed 10% to Saudi Arabian GDP and less than 6% of total employment. Saudi Arabia needs first and foremost to establish a strong manufacturing basis. Saudis need to focus on developing their own cars, airplanes, home appliances, food products, efficient energy (solar or windmill (if there is wind in the desert?)) etc.

With their current capital it shouldn't be difficult at all to attract the best engineers and scientists in the world. It is just a matter of PR and creating a brand. No offense, but i think Saudi Arabia have a lot to learn from Turkey. In the last couple of decades Turkey's industry has boomed. The best home appliance brands and TVs in Turkey (and in other countries in Europe and Asia) are Turkish (Arcelik, Beko, Vestel etc). We have our own bus brands and Turkey is one of the leading automobile manufacturers in world. I don't even have to mention food products and furniture (which is doing extremely well in Europe as well.

An increased partnership with Turkey will be extremely advantageous for both Saudi Arabia and Turkey. Saudi Arabia should not spend all its money to import expensive products from Europe, Japan and USA. Turkish products are the same if not better quality. But as it has been mentioned by some Arabs above Saudi Arabia is trying to steer the economy in the right direction. Yet, decades of laziness will undoubtedly be a big problem for them. As Japan has illustrated, the importance of the society's mentality comes before everything else.

we are on the process of making a powerful industrial base. Better late than never. And turkey is already helping.

Back
Top Bottom