What's new

Saudi Arabia to double its Typhoon order

Is there any other related news about this deal possibility?
maybe someone will be gentle enough to show me, i will appreciate that :)

I believe the modest performance of the JF-17s is good enough to expand our fleet, enhance our capabilities, and maintain our self-defensive cutting-edge.

JF-17 is modest platform but the ever increasing inventory of weaponry that it is coming up with makes it a solid platform from the point of view of Pakistan or any other country interested in it for the future. What would it be like with Carrier Killers in Saudi Inventory almost entire iranian naval fleet can be sink to the bottom with those carrier killer missiles as well it is just not "carrier specific" only with the future variants will have longer range that could also be incorporated into Typhoons since Saudi investment is ever increasing in Typhoon programme.

Like i said before just like you RSAF need not go for more Typhoons/F-15s though your idea of of slashing Typhoon orders mine was F-15s from 84 to 48ish and the rest of order for F-35s...i am curious why KSA is reluctant to approach China for investment in any stealth program.

Last edited:
well sir you dint get it when you can buy say a BMW 5 series with all the exotick stuff why will you buy a cheapest version of kia and in terms of leathallity , service life or any other parameter JF17 can never possibally be compared to Typhoon not even 1:5 ratio .. am i wrong sir :azn:

See you and @Bhai Zakir ... Hindu-stani mentality.

The thread is about Typhoon, which Hindu-stanis have nothing to do with.

Like jackals scream in the jungle ... and dogs howl for apparently no good reason.

See you and @Bhai Zakir ... Hindu-stani mentality.

The thread is about Typhoon, which Hindu-stanis have nothing to do with.

Like jackals scream in the jungle ... and dogs howl for apparently no good reason.

Butt hurt, don't give a second look Salman to those indians. New facilities are going to be set up very soon for home production of the JF.:azn:. It will be a joint venture starting with a modernization program. We two going to come up with something will be surprising for those haters. Im telling you ma man and time will confirm my words, just mark it down.:azn:

BAE strikes deal with Saudi Arabia on Eurofighter sale

Defence group BAE Systems has agreed pricing with Saudi Arabia over the rising cost of a long-running Eurofighter Typhoon jet deal.

Saudi ordered 72 Eurofighters in 2007 for £4.5bn, but the contract faced obstacles over escalating costs.

BAE said the new deal was an "equitable outcome" for both sides, although full details were not disclosed.

BAE warned last year that failure to agree a deal could hit earnings. Its shares rose 3% on Wednesday's news.

The new deal was negotiated mainly between the Saudi and UK governments. Now that this contract, known as the Salam programme, has been secured, talks are expected to begin with the Saudis about buying dozens more Eurofighters.

BAE builds the fighter jet with European aerospace group Airbus and Italian defence contractor Finmeccanica.

BAE is due to publish latest profits figures on Thursday.

BBC News - BAE Systems agrees Eurofighter pricing with Saudi Arabia

Jeez, soon Saudi Arabia Air Force will be at par with the other heavy weight in the region, IAF (Israel), if it isn't already.

Some 250 F-15 and 150 Typhoons :fie:

Jeez, soon Saudi Arabia Air Force will be at par with the other heavy weight in the region, IAF (Israel), if it isn't already.

Some 250 F-15 and 150 Typhoons :fie:

Not really, Saudi Arabia still needs training in many aspects and maintenance independence. The bottom line though is if they don't get what Israel can get then their Air Force is useless, Israel can do whatever it likes with its jets and modify whatever it wishes to and attack whomever they want and America nor Europe won't do shit.

If they can't get those privileges then it's useless.

Not really, Saudi Arabia still needs training in many aspects and maintenance independence. The bottom line though is if they don't get what Israel can get then their Air Force is useless, Israel can do whatever it likes with its jets and modify whatever it wishes to and attack whomever they want and America nor Europe won't do shit.

If they can't get those privileges then it's useless.

Please don't put such retarded comments when your knowledge of the RSAF capability is Zero.

JF-17 is extremely advanced. Typhoon is an older design. JF-17 compared to Typhoon is like F-16 compared to F-15, the former essentially a single engine version of the latter. Typhoon lacks state of the art DSI air intakes that JF-17 has. 8-)

THIS IS EPIC. :tup:

Please don't put such retarded comments when your knowledge of the RSAF capability is Zero.

Nothing's retarded, your whole army is useless and Air Force is useless. All Arabs know this but for some reason you secular non religious Saudis come here on the forum make it like you're a world power. Your country is all foreign conscripts we all know you'd never flex a muscle even with all these weapons you have. Iran does much better utilizing their resources and have am actual effect when it comes to proxies.

Nothing's retarded, your whole army is useless and Air Force is useless. All Arabs know this but for some reason you secular non religious Saudis come here on the forum make it like you're a world power. Your country is all foreign conscripts we all know you'd never flex a muscle even with all these weapons you have. Iran does much better utilizing their resources and have am actual effect when it comes to proxies.

Another retarded comment. I would suggest you keep your nose where it belongs. What we do is non of your business. If you want to know how useless our Army is then get close to see the consequences. Go prize Iran in another place and spare this thread your BS. Iran already knows how effective our Army is as it has already experienced the Saudi Army ineffectiveness many times.:lol:

The Saudi Army is meant to defend Saudi Arabia only and the Saudi government is dedicating itself for the Saudis only.

@Arabian Legend: New facilities are going to be set up very soon for home production of the JF. It will be a joint venture starting with a modernization program. We two going to come up with something will be surprising.

Upgraded F/A-18 to begin test flights; offer Navy alternative to F-35C | Defense Tech

Something like this?

FA-18-490x350.jpg

Another retarded comment. I would suggest you keep your nose where it belongs. What we do is non of your business. If you want to know how useless our Army is then get close to see the consequences. Go prize Iran in another place and spare this thread your BS. Iran already knows how effective our Army is as it has already experienced the Saudi Army ineffectiveness many times.:lol:

The Saudi Army is meant to defend Saudi Arabia only and the Saudi government is dedicating itself for the Saudis only.

LOL! It's you that needs to rethink what you said when all I said was Saudi Arabia should try to get the most privileges out of the deal rather than having limited to no flexibility.

Back
Top Bottom