What's new

Saudi Arabia to double its Typhoon order

Most exciting, according to two senior BAE executives, was the possibility that Saudi Arabia – Typhoon’s most important export customer – might double its 72 plane order,

BAE’s Typhoon exports face darkening skies - FT.com

What they are up to.....
MouthWatering.gif

its ..... just ......

5892479.gif

Depends on what variants are you talking about. Most likely, the Saudis will be getting their own version of Trench 2 & 3 - which are one of the world's most advanced jets.

But there are talks that AESA radar havent been not yet tested..! So why plunge so soon into this deal (if it was for new version)?

The current fleet is good enough to strike fear into the heart of the Iranians.

However, with an Iraq on the rise in terms of fighter jets, helicopters, KSA must prepare for maintaining its hyper offensive capabilities.

Yeah Iraq now is in Iran's circle. But then again they have to form an airforce from scratch and then again their AF would be lagging behind in terms of equipment, training, mobility, response etc etc.

Which do you reckon is better in performance, F-15 or Typhoon?

The Iraqis placed an order of a 36 F-16s, they still want to increase their fleet up to 96 F-16s. Last year, they hold talks with the Russians to buy the newts version of MiG-29 i.e. MiG-35. As such this could be alarming to some extent to us, but still it won't make us nervous as long as the US won't sell them a unique version of the F-16s.

Yeah Iraq now is in Iran's circle. But then again they have to form an airforce from scratch and then again their AF would be lagging behind in terms of equipment, training, mobility, response etc etc.

Which do you reckon is better in performance, F-15 or Typhoon?

Both complete one another. The F-15s and the defensive capabilities are remarkably great, while the offensive role the Typhoon plays became a hell of a deterrence to our enemies.

Personally, I think we shouldn't place an order for 72 units, 32 more Typhoons is more than enough. I'd like to see the JF-17s in our inventory.

LOL! One Seijel missile will wipe out the whole fleet. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom