What's new

Saudi Arabia to buy Altay MBTs.

An Altay Deal with Saudi Arabia would be a export Succes for Turkey and the end for Saudi Arabia to rely on western Tank Tech. I hope other States in Region will follow, this would shift strategic Balance more in favor to the islamic Countries in the Region !

As of now, in more than a decade we have not had any Tank deals, only recently the M1A2S which is the Saudi specific upgrade for the Abrams have passed, and it is to get the number up to 450 M1A2S Tanks.

The Abrams are used in the Northern command and I think it will remain to be used there for the foreseeable future, however the western and southern commands been using the M60s and the eastern command have been using the AMX tanks. The M60s and AMX are both in urgent need if replacement, close to 800 New tanks are needed not mentioning the increase in Armed Dorces personnel, if Altay is truly chosen to be the replacement then I think it will be like 1000 Altay's for Turkey and 800 Altays for KSA.

Guys, I have a question about Auto-loader. Apperently the Altay doesn't have an auto-loader while the K2 does (according to the article).

What is an auto-leader and what are the advantages and disadvantages of it?

Guys, I have a question about Auto-loader. Apperently the Altay doesn't have an auto-loader while the K2 does (according to the article).

You dont need a Loader in the Tank if your have the Autoloader ,but with a Loader you can change your Ammunition from AP to HE Shells faster.

Wish bangladesh could buy it, but can not due to two reasons:-

1. weight 65 tons which is too heavy for BD soil, will not run here.
2. Price $ 5.5million per unit when we have good alternative MBT2000 $3.5 million

@xxxKULxxx Stop spreading BS news out of your *** and go back to WAFF okey?

Last edited by a moderator:
@xxxKULxxx Stop spreading BS news out of your *** and go back to WAFF okey?

STFU... I share the thing i see with their internet links... Also i was not the first one saw this news and i didn't directly shared it... I took the link from the one whom i told his nick name...

BTW before sharing something should i ask it to you first ???... lol.. Get the fvck off...

Last edited by a moderator:

With an auto-loader, you needn't a loader. This means lesser man to operate. It also affects the tonnage and size of the tank, so in some terrains it gives a great advantage to its operator.

The disadvantage of auto-loader is -AFAIK- they are pretty suitable for break downs. Could be wrong though.

I couldn't change the title after posting it... I also typed ALTAY wrong...

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom