What's new

Saudi Arabia to buy Altay MBTs.

As of now, in more than a decade we have not had any Tank deals, only recently the M1A2S which is the Saudi specific upgrade for the Abrams have passed, and it is to get the number up to 450 M1A2S Tanks.

The Abrams are used in the Northern command and I think it will remain to be used there for the foreseeable future, however the western and southern commands been using the M60s and the eastern command have been using the AMX tanks. The M60s and AMX are both in urgent need if replacement, close to 800 New tanks are needed not mentioning the increase in Armed Dorces personnel, if Altay is truly chosen to be the replacement then I think it will be like 1000 Altay's for Turkey and 800 Altays for KSA.

Would be understandable why M60s and AMX tanks are being used in the Southern Border regions; Less likely to face sophisticated forces from Yemen, Africa et al. Needless to say, An Armored division consisting of M1A Abrams with TUSK upgrades and Altay Tanks with Laser range finders and Gun stabilization systems would be formidable for KSA.

Well, the RSLF is testing it nowadays so let's just hope that they're going to like it. We just purchased 800 Leopard tanks but I think the eastern region division will replace their Abrams' ASAP. I hope that KSA will buy Altays and Al-Khalid too.

Well, the RSLF is testing it nowadays so let's just hope that they're going to like it. We just purchased 800 Leopard tanks but I think the eastern region division will replace their Abrams' ASAP. I hope that KSA will buy Altays and Al-Khalid too.

MBT-2000 inferior version of AK has already been sold to Bangladesh and srilanka...

The Saudi Arabian National Guard has been testing the AK for quite sometime recently ,and I believe it fulfilled their needs.

AK has evolved into AK-I....And i think would be around 5 million per unit... considering the fact tht mbt-2000 was sold at around 4 million us$... and uses chinese sub systems,smoothbore etc... while AK uses HIT built gun,lecrecs transmission(SESM ESM500 5-speed automatic)... 1200hp engine.. catherine,thales and sagem(ToT TO Pakistan) built FCS and imaging systems,GIDs built IBMS,GIDs ATCOP LTS786P laser warning sensors,hunter killer ability and GIDs upgraded VARTA-1 system...fires upto 9 rounds per minute...with a capacity of 39 rounds...uses same composite armour as ALTAY (GIDs shared armour tech with turkey under a ToT agreement)...etc etc... its a medium wieght mbt and on specs is superior than T-90M...Plus AK-II would be a heavy tank..

Morocco and Peru also use a scaled down version... little brother of mbt-2000 VT-1A....Also its said to be in service with myanmar army.

Thanks for proving us with valuable bits of information. If it's on me, I definitely would buy the AKs as well as the JF-17 Thunder along with the Altays for some reasons I have in mind. :pakistan:
AK has evolved into AK-I....And i think would be around 5 million per unit... considering the fact tht mbt-2000 was sold at around 4 million us$... and uses chinese sub systems,smoothbore etc... while AK uses HIT built gun,lecrecs transmission(SESM ESM500 5-speed automatic)... 1200hp engine.. catherine,thales and sagem(ToT TO Pakistan) built FCS and imaging systems,GIDs built IBMS,GIDs ATCOP LTS786P laser warning sensors,hunter killer ability and GIDs upgraded VARTA-1 system...fires upto 9 rounds per minute...with a capacity of 39 rounds...uses same composite armour as ALTAY (GIDs shared armour tech with turkey under a ToT agreement)...etc etc... its a medium wieght mbt and on specs is superior than T-90M...Plus AK-II would be a heavy tank..

Morocco and Peru also use a scaled down version... little brother of mbt-2000 VT-1A....Also its said to be in service with myanmar army.

No we did not buy 800 Leopards that is just BS. Not a single Leopard is here, Germans are being assholes which is why we are looking into the Altay.

Nope, nothing "asshole" about it.

The German people are against a sale of any equipment to countries that have no good human rights record. The government begs to differ from time to time, but the reaction to the proposed sale was a strong one and the government now knows better.

KSA should get the leopard through spain instead of Germany. Altays is good but no mach when it comes to the german cat.

Really Those Shwartzfraw juden Lovin People just sold Nuclear Capable Dolphins to the country with the WOrst Human Rights in the history of man Kind

There is a reason why Germany is arming Israel (its their sore conscience) and yet many people were against the sale.

and for the bold part you must have missed your history classes or didn't go to school at all.

KSA should get the leopard through spain instead of Germany. Altays is good but no mach when it comes to the german cat.

the tank isnt finished and you speak about something you dont now... nobody now it...

No one get close to what Germany has ,... even the US.

Thats right actually...Germans are #1 at armor...But the product`s quality is not the issue here actually...KSA can buy whatever equipment they wish for, they have the money, no doubt about that...But the issue here is, everyday developing relations between KSA and Turkey...You support us, we support you...and thats the reason why i believe KSA will go for Altay

Back
Top Bottom