What's new

Saudi Arabia to build King Salman bin Abdulaziz mosque at Islamabad’s Islamic university

I know we have emotional relations with KSA due to presence of Mecca and Madina but let's not call KSA our strategic partner when we are the ones doing the most while they only pay lip service.

Preach brother.

what difference would it have done? getting lip service? Pakistan doesn't need anyones asisstance they are self-suffient.. Losing trade ties partner over an irrelevant skirmish that didn't lead to all out war was not worth breaking neutrality for. As I said Saudi-India has trade worth of billions there is no reason for Saudi Arabia to upset them unless major war broke out at that time India becomes useless.

Last edited:
what difference would it have done? getting lip service? Pakistan doesn't need anyones asisstance they are self-suffient.. Losing trade ties partner over an irrelevant skirmish that didn't lead to all out war was not worth breaking neutrality for. As I said Saudi-India has trade worth of billions there is no reason for Saudi Arabia to upset them unless major war broke out at that time India becomes useless
Sir why do we issue statements then? Why we are the ones always eking out preferential treatment to arabs?
It was not an irrelevant skirmish when your missile batteries were brought out in the open. I am just surprised how some of my compatriot still rank KSA higher despite everything from Balakot to FATF, from Multi-billion investment in India to their pressure on Pak to accept Israel.

Bottom line is that i will call KSA our strategic partner when they invest $50 billion in Pakistan, till then they are just another Islamic country.

Saudi Arabia to build King Salman bin Abdulaziz mosque at Islamabad’s Islamic university
2599696-995722475.png

This undated photo shows the proposed design of the King Salman bin Abdulaziz Mosque that Saudi Arabia will build at the International Islamic University in Islamabad. (Photo courtesy: International Islamic University, Islamabad)
Short Url

Updated 22 sec ago
SAIMA SHABBIR
May 02, 202119:22

• The mosque will be able to accommodate 12,000 worshipers and have a research and cultural center
  • The rector of the International Islamic University says the center will focus on Arabic language, Islamic culture and heritage
ISLAMABAD: Saudi Arabia will build the King Salman bin Abdulaziz Mosque along with a research and cultural center at the new campus of the International Islamic University (IIU) in Islamabad, the institute’s rector told Arab News on Saturday.

“The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques has decided to build the King Salman bin Abdulaziz Mosque with a capacity of 12,000 worshippers at the new campus of the International Islamic University,” Dr. Masoom Yasinzai said.

“This is not just going to be a mosque but will have a huge complex with a research and cultural center for scholars and students,” he continued, adding that there would also be a library and museum along with an auditorium named after Crown Prince Mohamed bin Salman.

Yasinzai said the project was another evidence of the strong Saudi-Pakistan relationship.

“The research center will focus on Arabic language, Islamic culture and heritage. The center will be equipped with digital technology to provide online Arabic courses from Islamabad to the whole world,” the IIU rector said.

He also informed that researchers from other Muslim countries would also make intellectual contributions to the center.
“Initially, the construction of the mosque was going to cost Rs500 million,” Yasinzai said. “But now the research and cultural center has also been included in the project which will raise its cost.”

He added that the proposed model of the mosque was an exceptional representation of Islamic art and architecture.
In addition to that, the IIU official said Saudi Arabia would send 15 professors from some of the top universities in the kingdom to teach Arabic, Shariah and other Islamic subjects.

“They will come to Islamabad on deputation and will be financed by the Saudi government,” he continued. “The Saudi authorities have also announced 250 fully funded scholarships for needy students in Pakistan.”

Prime Minister Imran Khan’s adviser on religious harmony Hafiz Tahir Ashrafi said that people of Pakistan were thankful to the Saudi government for deciding to build the mosque.

“This grand mosque will have the capacity to accommodate 10,000 men and 2,000 women,” he told Arab News. “It will be yet another monument of the Saudi-Pak friendship and lead to better progress in the bilateral relations of the two countries.”

Saudi Arabia to build King Salman bin Abdulaziz mosque at Islamabad’s Islamic university (arabnews.pk)

I want to see it as a masterpiece of architect. Best of luck.

Sir why do we issue statements then? Why we are the ones always eking out preferential treatment to arabs?
It was not an irrelevant skirmish when your missile batteries were brought out in the open. I am just surprised how some of my compatriot still rank KSA higher despite everything from Balakot to FATF, from Multi-billion investment in India to their pressure on Pak to accept Israel.

Bottom line is that i will call KSA our strategic partner when they invest $50 billion in Pakistan, till then they are just another Islamic country.

I smell bullshit when i see one. It seems like you trying to create some sort of discord that is not evne there..

who invested in your atomic bomb? Go search for that answer. You don't need friends who show off in public but these who do things behind the scenes.

Who has been investing in pakistan military since the 70s? You are perhaps suffering from dementia or extreme forgetfulness

I smell bullshit when i see one. It seems like you trying to create some sort of discord that is not evne there..

who invested in your atomic bomb? Go search for that answer. You don't need friends who show off in public but these who do things behind the scenes.

Who has been investing in pakistan military since the 70s?
So you have no answer to what i just asked instead you are referring me to some secret funding help from KSA that is not even available in black and white. Smooth !
Do i also need to search about billions of dollars of investment that came from KSA but has not been made public for God knows what reasons?

It was a camel for the slaughter and you would have eaten it's meat and milk but you backed out on it. No big deal, I am against miscalculations at all costs but this was undercalculations and missed economical opportunity. Alas that is the in the past now..
You're right that this was a miscalculation. I do agree. But there may be things we are not aware of. What was the actual trade off here? Another mosque?

So you have no answer to what i just asked instead you are referring me to some secret funding help from KSA that is not even available in black and white. Smooth !
Do i also need to search about billions of dollars of investment that came from KSA but has not been made public for God knows what reasons?

Your government knows whats up that is all that matters. But yes even according to CIA saudi Arabia invested in Pakistan armed forces since the 70s including the nukes.. Pakistan growing in strength is crucial in Saudi Arabia's foreign policy due to having defense ties
What was the actual trade off here? Another mosque?

No mosque for that one. You would have gotten oil-fields in Marib.. It doesn't matter now Aramco has taken them. The ports and Bab-al mandab is also been taken by UAE and KSA. It could have been you instead letting in Pakistani companies now land there and start a drilling process. Alas that is in the past. Be prepared next time an adventure invitation comes... because you will be invited

Last edited:
Saudis have made some great water de-salination plants in their own country. Would have been much better if they had built a small water de salination plant in Gwadar or Karachi or tharparkar. Those areas are desperate for water source.

Specially gwadar, if it needs to be a city it need water. I hope they build one.

I think in Islamabad we already have a mosque

faisal-mosque-faisal.jpg

Pakistan-Turkish friendship

I would be ok for a Mega Library instead in one of other cities of Pakistan beside Karachi or Lahore or Islamabad

Candidate Cities
> Quetta
> Gwadar
> Faisalabad

There is a real shortage of a World Class Library in Pakistan

"Pakistan-Saudi IQRA, Grand Library"
Objective of 10 million books

• Scientific books
  • Research Papers on Medicine
  • Mathematics books and research papers
  • Poetry / Writing
  • Religious books written by scholars
  • Human History
  • Trade / Economics
  • Metallurgy / Chemistry / Physics

Sure bring it on

Huge , weakness in the Medicine sector, Library and investment could help promote better understanding with new medicine research work

Last edited:
Saudi funded mosques should be banned worldwide. Why don't they build hospitals if they're so charitable?

Building mosque is certainly rewarding. But building a university, would have been more beneficial for Pakistan and for umma.

Ban all Wahhabi funded mosques .

Has Pakistan not learned lesson ? Why this love affair with the Wahhabi ?

There is already a good network of mosques in Pakistan there is no urgent need in that segment

• Urgent need is Major Hospitals in each city
  • Urgent need is Grand Library Network
  • Urgent need is make more medicine manufactured locally to reduce medicine cost

Last edited:
Ban all Wahhabi funded mosques .

Has Pakistan not learned lesson ? Why this love affair with the Wahhabi ?
There is no love affair. Most Pakistanis are hardcore barelvis and are more dangerous than all the Wahabis of Pakistan combined (I don’t like the word though).

Funny:

GoP paying for a Mandir in Islamabad for 5 Hindus: yes!!!!!

Building a mosque funded by another country: Bhai, we need hospitals. Gimmie a break!

Back
Top Bottom