What's new

Saudi Arabia to ask for 72 F-15 Eagle Fighters Jets

No , they are buying F-15 SG

AIR_F-15E_Feet_Dry_lg.jpg
Saudis have surplus money that they have even after fully developing their country. They are known to buy "the best" in the region and the only factor that limits their purchases are the limit of fighters Americans are willing to sell them.

They have already ordered Typhoons, Rafales and now want to replace their current F-15s with newer versions. The latest that Boeing has to offer is Silent Eagle. The SG variant was an export model to Singaporean air force, specifically built as per their requirements.

And therefore Saudis are more likely to buy Silent Eagle.

Hmmm I don't know what they will do once the oil runs out but they will have alot of planes that will need some oil

Saudis have surplus money that they have even after fully developing their country. They are known to buy "the best" in the region and the only factor that limits their purchases are the limit of fighters Americans are willing to sell them.

They have already ordered Typhoons, Rafales and now want to replace their current F-15s with newer versions. The latest that Boeing has to offer is Silent Eagle. The SG variant was an export model to Singaporean air force, specifically built as per their requirements.

And therefore Saudis are more likely to buy Silent Eagle.

You are right , they always buy the best & they have even asked for two squadrons of F-22 Raptor :blink:

Like you said the only hurdle is that they cant get what us wont sell , they have F-15's , Patriots , M1A1 etc .

I can assure you they will buy upto 140 Typhoons and they will eventually replace their Tornados.

New F-15's can be silent eagle too but what i heard lately through my sources in Saudi Air force is that they were considering to get all of the old F-15's upgraded to S standard and buy 72 F-15S more.

I will try to confirm it again though but i believe that they will not buy Rafale as it didn't meet their needs and some other factors - they have been considering F-35 so its just a matter of time that we can see.

Typhoons
F-15S , SE
F-35's

In saudi Air force:smokin:

Why do you think the Saudis would do that? And why do you think they cant defend themselves?

Did they ever defend themself? They always need Uncle SAM to rescue them. So why not depend on Paksistan too.

Did they ever defend themself? They always need Uncle SAM to rescue them. So why not depend on Paksistan too.

Can any one depend on Pakistan, only threat Saudi has in the middle east is Iran, 50 F15s will take care of that with out any problem.

Can any one depend on Pakistan, only threat Saudi has in the middle east is Iran, 50 F15s will take care of that with out any problem.

Can u stop trolling like a loser? ur trolling in every thread like a typical indian toll.

Saudi Air Force has the option of buying 72 more EF-2000 Typoons and they will get them to replace all F-5s with 144 EF-2000. Tornadoes are being upgraded considerably to go beyond 2020 but RSAF is more interested in keeping pace with israeli air force and U.A.E Air Force. So here come F-15SE in picture, the most advanced F-15 variant.

Saudi are F-15s are being upgrades to the same American Standards. And some roughly 60-65 RSAF F-15s engines are being replaced or under replacement to new better GE F110-GE-129C. Would GE get another large contract for the replacement of more F-15s engines? so far no decision been made by RSAF. I believe atleast 3 squadrons of RSAF F-15 will be upgraded to F-15SG Standards what i call (SA)

F-15 SE variants for RSAF would be too good to replace Tornados, RSAF is interested in F-35 but like I said before once isreali's have mastered it, than will RSAF be offered because Saudi Arab is a lucrative market for america of continuous us inflow of high tech fighters.

Future fleet might look like
F-15S/(SA)SG/SE 153+(72?)
EF-2000 72+72 strong possibility
F-35 #? (2024+)

Well frankly, they never had to face a sizable conflict that would require them to be defended. Iraq did apparently fire a few Scuds in their direction during Desert Storm- I but that was because of the US sorties flying from Saudi bases. Now this does make us think why they need these weapons, but that's a different discussion.

They surely dont plan to outsource their fighter AC pilots. They are buying more since their pilots can handle them.

So why do they need US marines yet?
:lol:

Arab armies during history have shown that they don't use proper strategy to fight a war. Look at Arab-Israeli war and Iran-Iraq war. They just sent massive waves. They don't need to buy newer weapons but to use military tactics and strategies to win.

@ Captain America...

CAN ANY ONE DEPEND????

Oh My God... USA is the BIGGEST DEPENDENT ON PAKISTAN !!!!

HAVE PA OUT OF THE PICTURE AND IT WILL BE NIGHTMARE FOR USA....

YOU MUST THANK THESE BRAVE SOLDIERS... OF PA.. WHO ARE ACTUALLY SAVING THE LIVES OF UR OWN SOLDIERS..

Besides, Saudi's do depend on Pakistan for sensitive technology like Nuclear Tech, which is widely known.

They may not have money but in Muslim world, Pakistan has best Tech after Turkey.

@ Captain America...

CAN ANY ONE DEPEND????

Oh My God... USA is the BIGGEST DEPENDENT ON PAKISTAN !!!!

HAVE PA OUT OF THE PICTURE AND IT WILL BE NIGHTMARE FOR USA....

YOU MUST THANK THESE BRAVE SOLDIERS... OF PA.. WHO ARE ACTUALLY SAVING THE LIVES OF UR OWN SOLDIERS..

Besides, Saudi's do depend on Pakistan for sensitive technology like Nuclear Tech, which is widely known.

They may not have money but in Muslim world, Pakistan has best Tech after Turkey.

Be honest, the only threat to Saudi Arabia is from Iran, if Saudi Arabia was attacked by Iran would Pakistan truley come to Saudi Arabia rescue. Would Pakistan even have the resource to do anything if they wanted to,. The USA has proved it would and could in the case of Kuwait which along with Arab allies repelled a invasion by Saddam.

Be honest, the only threat to Saudi Arabia is from Iran

Justify your statement with Proofs.

if Saudi Arabia was attacked by Iran would Pakistan truley come to Saudi Arabia rescue.

Iran would never Attack saudi arabia , its out of question.

Would Pakistan even have the resource to do anything if they wanted to,. The USA has proved it would and could in the case of Kuwait which along with Arab allies repelled a invasion by Saddam.

Dont forget the problem in Middle east was started by US itself - saddam was supported by CIA and on the other hand The Saudi govt and Kwait too:D

Justify your statement with Proofs.

Iran would never Attack saudi arabia , its out of question.

Dont forget the problem in Middle east was started by US itself - saddam was supported by CIA and on the other hand The Saudi govt and Kwait too:D

Iran vs Saudi Arabia
This post was written by Salman Shaheen on November 13, 2009
Posted Under: International, Iran, Religion 2
tweets
retweetTensions have been mounting between Iran and Saudi Arabia in recent weeks. Saudi’s intervention this month into the long-running and long-underreported Yemeni civil war – attacking Shi’ah Houthi rebels fighting against the government of a predominantly Sunni country – has drawn sharp criticism from the other major power in the region.

“Those who pour oil on the fire must know that they will not be spared from the smoke that billows” cautioned Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki in a thinly veiled reference to Saudi Arabia.

Iran’s diplomatic posturing, and the unsubstantiated allegations that it is directly aiding the rebels in Yemen, has less to do with a Shi’ah – Sunni battle for spiritual leadership of the Middle East, however, than it does with settling old political scores. It comes as Ahmedinejad’s warning to the Saudi government not to impose any restrictions on Iranian pilgrims during the Hajj, due to commence later this month, is met with the rebuke from Saudi Hajj Minister, Fouad al-Farsi, that Iran “should not take advantage of the pilgrimage for political purposes and its own agenda.”

The Shi’ah – Sunni conflict has always had more to do with politics than religion. It has its foundations not in a dispute over doctrine, but who should succeed Muhammad as the leader of the Ummah. Centuries later, as Iran and Saudi Arabia lock horns on the eve of the holiest event in the Islamic calendar, their dispute has very little to do with spiritual differences, and everything to do with influence in the Middle East

Iran vs Saudi Arabia

Every thing is the fault of the USA, typical inability of arabs, iran and pakistan to ever take responsibility for anything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom