What's new

Saudi Arabia slams 'irresponsible' terror accusations by Iraq PM

Arabian Legend

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
RIYADH: Saudi Arabia slammed as “aggressive and irresponsible” on Monday accusations by Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki that the kingdom was supporting global terrorism.

“The kingdom condemns the aggressive and irresponsible statements made by the Iraqi prime minister,” an unidentified official told the state SPA news agency.

In an interview aired on Saturday, Maliki charged that Saudi Arabia and neighbouring Qatar were supporting militant groups in Iraq and across the Middle East as well as terrorism worldwide.

“Nuri al-Maliki knows very well, more than anyone else, the clear and categoric position of the kingdom against terrorism... and is aware of the kingdom's efforts to combat this phenomenon locally and globally,” the official said.

“Instead of making haphazard accusations, the Iraqi prime minister should take measures to end the chaos and violence that swamp Iraq.”

The Saudi official accused Maliki's Shia-led government of sectarian policies towards sections of the Iraqi population, an apparent reference to the disgruntled Sunni Arab minority.

Violence was taking place “against components of the brotherly Iraqi brotherly people with the clear blessing and support of the sectarian and exclusionary policies of his government,” the official charged.

“It is clear that those statements are aimed at turning the facts on their head, and blaming others for the domestic failures of the Iraqi prime minister.”

In an apparent allusion to Sunni-dominated Saudi Arabia's Shia rival Iran, the official said that Maliki's failings had “subordinated Iraq to regional parties who have contributed to sectarian violence unprecedented in Iraq's history.”

Iraq has been hit by a year-long surge in violence that has reached levels not seen since 2008, driven principally by discontent among its Sunni Arab minority and by the civil war in neighbouring Syria.

The United Nations and Western governments have urged the Shiite-led authorities to reach out to disaffected Sunnis.

But with elections due next month, political leaders have not wanted to be seen to compromise and have instead pursued a hard line against Sunni militants.

In January, Maliki blamed “diabolical” and “treacherous” Arab governments for the upsurge in violence but before Saturday he had refrained from pointing directly at particular states.

A good hit.

Saudi slams 'irresponsible' terror accusations by Iraq PM - DAWN.COM

The one line spammer along with the JEW USA Zionist Al-Qaeda hand in hand.
Please pay a visit will take care of you both

Rehabilitation Hospital, King Fahad Medical City

:omghaha:

Let that Gypsy Shia Islamist keep spreading nonsense while he turns a blind eye to the thousands of Iraqi Shia terrorists that are crossing into Syria or the fact that he is a sellout and has very close relations to the biggest state terrorism supporter in the world (Iran).

In short KSA should just have ignored him. I don't think that he has a clue about what real KSA meddling means.:omghaha:

:omghaha:

Let that Gypsy Shia Islamist keep spreading nonsense while he turns a blind eye to the thousands of Iraqi Shia terrorists that are crossing into Syria or the fact that he is a sellout and has very close relations to the biggest state terrorism supporter in the world (Iran).

In short KSA should just have ignored him. I don't think that he has a clue about what real KSA meddling means.:omghaha:

• “It is clear that those statements are aimed at turning the facts on their head, and blaming others for the domestic failures of the Iraqi prime minister.”
  • “Instead of making haphazard accusations, the Iraqi prime minister should take measures to end the chaos and violence that swamp Iraq.”
Im sure after these words Al-maiki is taking spins around himself. Lol.

It's clear that in the past Saudi Arabia nurtured terrorist groups or at least turned a blind eye to their activity.

I would estimate that post 9/11 things changed. In Israel we don't hear much about Saudi Arabia funding terrorism. We know Qatar still dabbles and we know Iran leads the way. In fact, it's the Shia axis that is the most prominent in regional terrorism.

Certainly there are individual Saudi terrorists, but it's not on a government level or directed by official bodies.

I don't like the way Saudi Arabia still pushes and spreads Islam in non-Muslim countries - but that's more the fault of those countries allowing Saudis to build Mosques & Islamic centres.on every street corner.

I also think Saudi should revise the changes they made in the Qu'ran.

Other than that, I would take Saudi as a neighbour over the Shia axis of Syria-Lebanon-Iran-Hezbollah-Hamas-Islamic Jihad.

It's clear that in the past Saudi Arabia nurtured terrorist groups or at least turned a blind eye to their activity.

I would estimate that post 9/11 things changed. In Israel we don't hear much about Saudi Arabia funding terrorism. We know Qatar still dabbles and we know Iran leads the way. In fact, it's the Shia axis that is the most prominent in regional terrorism.

Certainly there are individual Saudi terrorists, but it's not on a government level or directed by official bodies.

I don't like the way Saudi Arabia still pushes and spreads Islam in non-Muslim countries - but that's more the fault of those countries allowing Saudis to build Mosques & Islamic centres.on every street corner.

I also think Saudi should revise the changes they made in the Qu'ran.

Other than that, I would take Saudi as a neighbour over the Shia axis of Syria-Lebanon-Iran-Hezbollah-Hamas-Islamic Jihad.

Where is the proof of that? When we speak about Saudi Arabia, Iran, Israel, USA, Germany, Papua New Guinea we speak about the governments. KSA's government has never supported terrorism. Private and wealthy individuals only but that's only a few. Aside from a few hundred individuals in the past 30 years.

Well before the 9/11 we suffered from terrorism attacks from Qutbism related fanatics that wanted to abolish the regime because it was deemed not conservative enough by that tiny minority! This culminated with the 1979 Grand Mosque Seizure.

Grand Mosque Seizure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OBL who btw was half Yemeni and half Syrian already had his passport revoked in 1996. Long before 9/11 and long before the West even considered that group dangerous. In many Westerners eyes they were freedom fighters and just fought against the so-called oppression.

They were dissidents and turned into terrorists in the matter of years.

The good old Bandar says it very well in this interview.

Of course the Afghan-Soviet war was a different matter and later came the Iraq war that made the already radicalized few go abroad. But again those are only numbered in the hundreds.

What is wrong with spreading Islam in non-Muslim countries? That's not democratic?! Should the Jews then not be allowed to have any places of worship outside of Israel since only Israel is a majority Jewish state? Why that? I pass a local synagogue here in Copenhagen every week and I even thought about going inside to see how a synagogue looks like from the inside. I was curious in other words.

Hello from JEW USA!! :yahoo:

:lol:

Certified lunatic.

Well said. Domesticated sunni Arabs are very good neighbors for Israelis.

Well said. Domesticated sunni Arabs are very good neighbors for Israelis.

So when is Iran ever going to attack Israel directly? It never happened. Shias cannot do anything. They can't even protect themselves across the world and you want them to attack an military power and atomic power of the region?

Stop hijacking Southern Lebanon and using Lebanese Arabs to fight your wars.

Where is the proof of that? When we speak about Saudi Arabia, Iran, Israel, USA, Germany, Papua New Guinea we speak about the governments. KSA's government has never supported terrorism. Private and wealthy individuals only but that's only a few. Aside from a few hundred individuals in the past 30 years.

Well before the 9/11 we suffered from terrorism attacks from Qutbism related fanatics that wanted to abolish the regime because it was deemed not conservative enough by that tiny minority! This culminated with the 1979 Grand Mosque Seizure.

As I said, turning a blind eye. In relation to Israel, you used to fund Hamas' terrorist campaign. You also had several officials if I recall wanting to compensate suicide bombers' families like Saddam used to do.

I haven't heard such things for many years, so I'm guessing this policy has stopped.

Saudi Arabia still remains one of the most significant financial backers of Al Qaeda type. Now that may not be government policy, but is the monarchy doing enough to stop it? does it want to completely stop it? who knows.

What is wrong with spreading Islam in non-Muslim countries? That's not democratic?! Should the Jews then not be allowed to have any places of worship outside of Israel since only Israel is a majority Jewish state? Why that? I pass a local synagogue here in Copenhagen every week and I even thought about going inside to see how a synagogue looks like from the inside. I was curious in other words.

The way that Saudi does it is insidious. They are trying to spread Islam with their financial power and for example in the UK, are spreading their extremist educational papers in Muslim schools.

We had children in the UK learning about hand chopping and that Jews are monkeys and pigs.

So when is Iran ever going to attack Israel directly? It never happened. Shias cannot do anything. They can't even protect themselves across the world and you want them to attack an military power and atomic power of the region?

says the habashi by the way how is yemen and habasha.south lebanon is lebanese why the cowards the slaves like saudis want iran to attack israel last time i chiked it was arab israeli conflict not iranian conflict

As I said, turning a blind eye. In relation to Israel, you used to fund Hamas' terrorist campaign. You also had several officials if I recall wanting to compensate suicide bombers' families like Saddam used to do.

I haven't heard such things for many years, so I'm guessing this policy has stopped.

Saudi Arabia still remains one of the most significant financial backers of Al Qaeda type. Now that may not be government policy, but is the monarchy doing enough to stop it? does it want to completely stop it? who knows.

The way that Saudi does it is insidious. They are trying to spread Islam with their financial power and for example in the UK, are spreading their extremist educational papers in Muslim schools.

We had children in the UK learning about hand chopping and that Jews are monkeys and pigs.

Until I see proof of that being the case on government levels I find such accusations comical considering that KSA has suffered from such kind of terrorism longer than the West and arguably any country in the ME. What you have seen in the Israeli-Palestine conflict is mostly all about nationalism and land where religion is used as a disguise and a factor contributing to the divide.

Well, the question should rather be why should we not support "our boys" when Iran is actively supporting "their boys" against our interests?

What has KSA to do with that? That is not and was never taught in KSA so how come can that be taught in the UK?

Just because KSA is the homeland of Islam and the place where the most holy sites of Islam are located we cannot control what every Muslim out there thinks or does or those that consider themselves to be Muslims but never act like ones.

says the habashi by the way how is yemen and habasha.south lebanon is lebanese why the cowards the slaves like saudis want iran to attack israel last time i chiked it was arab israeli conflict not iranian conflict

Stop trying to act more Arab than the Arabs themselves Farsi. You are a half Farsi and half Gypsy. Be proud and now worry about your cousins in Afghanistan.

Until I see proof of that being the case on government levels I find such accusations comical considering that KSA has suffered from such kind of terrorism longer than the West and arguably any country in the ME. What you have seen in the Israeli-Palestine conflict is mostly all about nationalism and land where religion is used as a disguise and a factor contributing to the divide.

Well, the question should rather be why should we not support "our boys" when Iran is actively supporting "their boys" against our interests?

What has KSA to do with that? That is not and was never taught in KSA so how come can that be taught in the UK?

Just because KSA is the homeland of Islam and the place where the most holy sites of Islam are located we cannot control what every Muslim out there thinks or does or those that consider themselves to be Muslims but never act like ones.

Stop trying to act more Arab than the Arabs themselves Farsi. You are a half Farsi and half Gypsy. Be proud and now worry about your cousins in Afghanistan.
maybe you didnt read by post i said your conlict with the jews have nothing to do with iran and arab nationalism is non of your business

Back
Top Bottom