What's new

Saudi Arabia offers India $ 625 bn investment opportunities.

Mostly, 'nations' don't invest, companies do. And there still are several companies that will invest because they have to grow.

Yes Companies do invest but when they go out venturing in foreign nations, Local companies will be given preference. Similarly Geopolitics and prospects of growth will dictate the Business deals.

with out the advantages and support from their own countries it is very difficult for companies to grow.

Nation is cash strapped, not their corporate entities. Remember, corporate bodies invested in China's manufacturing industries in the 90s, not USA.

Apple's revenue per year is thrice the GDP of Pakistan. :lol:

Yes mate :cheers:

I agree, how many of the foreign well known brands stand today??

Apple is quickly loosing the market to Samsung (Korean) , and other companies.

The well known brands of auto mobile like Jaguar,Land rover were bought by Indians.\

Heathrow London air port 10 percent stake is bought by Chinese.

and the list goes on.

Chinese are giving a tough competition for the companies like Google with their own companies like Beido.

The Companies in USA are not that good either, with out Emerging markets support they wont survive and they are always at a disadvantageous position when they compete with local companies.

Indian economy touched the bottom .....now it is upward only

Lets hope on that and that the recession in the west has bottomed out as well. And with a strong government after the 2014 elections we can achieve +8 % growth again! :tup:

Yes mate :cheers:

I agree how many of the foreign well known brands stand today??

Apple is quickly loosing the market to Samsung (Korean) , and other companies.

The well known brands of auto mobile like Jaguar,Land rover were bought by Indians.\

Heathrow London air port 10 percent stake is bought by Chinese.

and the list goes on.

The Companies in USA are not the good either, with out Emerging markets support they wont survive and they are always at a disadvantageous position when compete with local companies.

You're wrong again.

Apple actually gained market in emerging markets, where their products are being viewed as a status symbol. I'm not an Apple fan myself, and it irritates me when i interact with another blind Apple fan. I'm more of a fan of Dell, i own an XPS L502X, which is another American tech giant.

Most the electronics, be it another laptop (HP Nx 502) or 7 year old IBM desktop, all have it's source from US. Or maybe you should look into the sales growth chart of BMW, Audi, Merc or Volks in emerging markets.

Or even the penetration of consumer durables like Amway, Garnier or others.

As i said before, your knowledge about market and economics are very superficial, neither we'll grow at this rate for eternity, nor they'll stay sluggish for eternity. They have a huge economy, and they can bring growth back by several economic measures.

Lets hope on that and that the recession in the west has bottomed out as well. And with a strong government after the 2014 elections we can achieve +8 % growth again! :tup:

Until there is rise in demands from the west, i don't see it happening in another 2-3 years. Even if BJP wins 2014 elections, what will manufacturing plans to if we don't have any customers to sell the products.

You're wrong again.

Apple actually gained market in emerging markets, where their products are being viewed as a status symbol. I'm not an Apple fan myself, and it irritates me when i interact with another blind Apple fan. I'm more of a fan of Dell, i own an XPS L502X, which is another American tech giant.

Most the electronics, be it another laptop (HP Nx 502) or 7 year old IBM desktop, all have it's source from US. Or maybe you should look into the sales growth chart of BMW, Audi, Merc or Volks in emerging markets.

Or even the penetration of consumer durables like Amway, Garnier or others.

As i said before, your knowledge about market and economics are very superficial, neither we'll grow at this rate for eternity, nor they'll stay sluggish for eternity. They have a huge economy, and they can bring growth back by several economic measures.

This is the link which says about the Apple stock,
http://www.itproportal.com/2013/03/04/samsung-shares-rise-apple-stock-hits-new-low/

Apple is also loosing its market

Contrary to your saying

Now Apple Is Losing Its Lead In Tablets, Too... - Business Insider

Lenovo the chinese company has the lasrgest market to day not Dell.

Yes huge economies when fail for a decade or so is very difficult.

Until there is rise in demands from the west, i don't see it happening in another 2-3 years. Even if BJP wins 2014 elections, what will manufacturing plans to if we don't have any customers to sell the products.

Yes thats true, maybe +8% is still too high now. However, the unsaturated markets are an opportunity for many MNCs around the world and they are keen to invest without the burdening bureaucracy in our country.

625 billion.woooping amount for a foreign investor.good initiative.

This is the link which says about the Apple stock,
Samsung shares rise as Apple stock hits new low | ITProPortal.com

Apple is also loosing its market

Contrary to your saying

Now Apple Is Losing Its Lead In Tablets, Too... - Business Insider

Lenovo the chinese company has the lasrgest market to day not Dell.

Yes huge economies when fail for a decade or so is very difficult.

Compare the net income of Samsung and Apple.

Samsung profile - Our performance - Corporate profile - about samsung - SAMSUNG

Sales & Income : AAPLinvestors

$18 billion Vs $41 billion. Given the fact Samsung targets the lower and mid segment of the market, while making entry into niche segment recently with Galaxy S series. While Apple is playing solo in the niche segment of consumer electronics market since day 1.

And the portfolio of Samsung is much diversified than Apple.

625 billion.woooping amount for a foreign investor.good initiative.

I think I have read a report about 3000 crores rupees which is equivalent to 600 million dollars. Need some clarification on the total amount of investment.

Yes thats true, maybe +8% is still too high now. However, the unsaturated markets are an opportunity for many MNCs around the world and they are keen to invest without the burdening bureaucracy in our country.

There are only three or four unsaturated markets where growth may come in. Eastern African nations, Latin American Nations, Central Asian nations and few East European nations.

Is short, try to look into frontier markets.

Compare the net income of Samsung and Apple.

Samsung profile - Our performance - Corporate profile - about samsung - SAMSUNG

Sales & Income : AAPLinvestors

$18 billion Vs $41 billion. Given the fact Samsung targets the lower and mid segment of the market, while making entry into niche segment recently with Galaxy S series. While Apple is playing solo in the niche segment of consumer electronics market since day 1.

And the portfolio of Samsung is much diversified than Apple.

Yes I am talking about momentum. In future if a company has to sell its products they must be targetting lower end of the consumer base like in South Asia,Africa and Latin America.

Yes I am talking about momentum. In future if a company has to sell its products they must be targetting lower end of the consumer base like in South Asia,Africa and Latin America.

That'll be the right thing to do. But the company will stay American. So indirectly you're supporting my point of private entities investing in developing nations, rather than their nations.

I think I have read a report about 3000 crores rupees which is equivalent to 600 million dollars. Need some clarification on the total amount of investment.

true, coz this amount is equal to 50% of Indian gdp.

true, coz this amount is equal to 50% of Indian gdp.

Back
Top Bottom