What's new

Saudi Arabia offers India $ 625 bn investment opportunities.

It is very common over there. Don't insult us by saying they are similar to us. We share nothing in common.

He is referring in the business sense I think.

South Americans a budding middle class just like India, and Same type products can be launched in both places.

Yes mate That is why I said Protectionism as a relative term.

There are sectors which need Govt. initial push. After that it is better for implementing liberal policies.

The push can be in form of initial/limited tax exemptions, loan on easy terms. But protecting a corporate entity from outside interference does more harm to it on a longer term. It never makes them resilient enough to survive in tough situations.

A similar trend was observed in Japan during the Asian crisis, the entities having less exposure to foreign markets perished significantly, and went bankrupt.

This is the link which says about the Apple stock,
Samsung shares rise as Apple stock hits new low | ITProPortal.com

Apple is also loosing its market

Contrary to your saying

Now Apple Is Losing Its Lead In Tablets, Too... - Business Insider

Lenovo the chinese company has the lasrgest market to day not Dell.

Yes huge economies when fail for a decade or so is very difficult.

Your generalizations are superficial. Out of a WW tablet sales of 60 million units apple commands 70% share in 2011. Going forward if they lose share that's really not going to bother them. In emerging markets there are companies like micromax that are building revues through cheap tablets (lenovo falls inthis category too, though at higher price point). Apple is not fightinmg for those customers, they want a more premium customer.

The push can be in form of initial/limited tax exemptions, loan on easy terms. But protecting a corporate entity from outside interference does more harm to it on a longer term. It never makes them resilient enough to survive in tough situations.

A similar trend was observed in Japan during the Asian crisis, the entities having less exposure to foreign markets perished significantly, and went bankrupt.

This is my point and also India should not let the contracts go to foreign companies in Infrastructure instead form JV's and let our companies grow.

This is my point and also India should not let the contracts go to foreign companies in Infrastructure instead form JV's and let our companies grow.

And why would a foreign companies form JV with Indian companies? Forming a JV is their call, not ours.

Your generalizations are superficial. Out of a WW tablet sales of 60 million units apple commands 70% share in 2011. Going forward if they lose share that's really not going to bother them. In emerging markets there are companies like micromax that are building revues through cheap tablets (lenovo falls inthis category too, though at higher price point). Apple is not fightinmg for those customers, they want a more premium customer.

Talking in the sense of customer base Middle class rule the market to premium customers :cheers:

And the company which targets the Middle and lower class in South Asia, China and Latin America will do good business.

And why would Foreign companies form JV with Indian companies?

Since they want Indian market to grow. Just like what we did in MMRCA and PAK-FA.

Talking in the sense of customer base Middle class rule the market to premium customers :cheers:

And the company which targets the Middle and lower class in South Asia, China and Latin America will do good business.

Since they want Indian market to grow. Just like what we did in MMRCA and PAK-FA.

Not necessarily. If you can command a premium (like Apple) and still have a HUGE share of the market (like Apple)m that is the best position to be in. But since most companies are nowhere close to the kind of position apple has, they need a more comventional mix of products.

Misplaced priorities, the growth of Indian market is irrelevant to them until they occupies a stake in that growth.

I don't think it is a misplaced priority, They are not building any infra. in Europe and USA, Large scale infrastructures are being built in China in the last decade and now in India.

I don't think it is a misplaced priority, They are not building any infra. in Europe and USA, Large scale infrastructures are being built in China in the last decade and now in India.

You failed to understand my previous statement. Anyway...

In many cases, it is observed the cost of forming a JV exceeds the cost of project such that it renders it unprofitable. In those cases, giving the contract to the foreign entity makes more sense.

You failed to understand my previous statement. Anyway...

In many cases, it is observed the cost of forming a JV exceeds the cost of project such that it renders it unprofitable. In those cases, giving the contract to the foreign entity makes more sense.

We are building infrastructure at a huge level so we need tech. help from advanced countries so cost may not be a priority initially. Once the JV is successful we can do it alone.

We are building infrastructure at a huge level so we need tech. help from advanced countries so cost may not be a priority initially. Once the JV is successful we can do it alone.

For a developing country, cost is the outmost priority, as exceeding the cost will decrease the sole purpose of being cost effective in industrialization.

Make Hay while the Sun shines. India should make the most of it, if they really invest, what they promise.
I, for one, want a complete ban on foreign funding of educations, especially religious education, even if it Hindu NGO's getting money or saudi or vatican.

For a developing country, cost is the outmost priority, as exceeding the cost will decrease the sole purpose of being cost effective in industrialization.

We have plans to build infra worth 1 trillion over 10 years, better form an JV for 1 or 2 years to gaining tech and then do it our self.

In doing that our companies can venture into Africa and Latin America since we can offer cheaper services that west.

why do you people think that there is something 'broader' than the economy? Your state's first responsibility is to take care of your people and look after thair well being right? The economy is No.1 and there really is nothing 'broader' than that right?
And why do you think that International relations are all about economy? I gave example of buying gas from Iran, did I not? Will it not have impact on economy? Criticising for the sake of argument is counter productive and waste of time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom