What's new

Saudi Arabia maybe interested in acquiring 5 Type 209 Submarines

Didn't you guys get Tot for your type 214's at a 500million $/a piece ,apart ofcourse from the classified AIP which i doubt the germans will share with the saudis for all the money in the world.They've made it pretty clear,as far as i know,that the AIP system is a national secret.

Dude, the machine is still overpriced, I suspect that the news is accurate. The Saudis aren't stupid enough to pay $16 billions for submarines designed in the 70s.

Yeah we did. First sub is expected to enter service in 2015. 6 Type 214 AIPs for 4,000,000,000 USD. That %81 of the production will be Turkish including critic systems such as C4I. While if they agree, KSA will pay 16,500,000,000 USD for 5 Type 209. See the difference. That's why we have to have our own defence industry with %100 local products.

But the Type 214 Turkey is getting will settle have lots of German technology as well :what: right?

Dude, the machine is still overpriced, I suspect that the news is accurate. The Saudis aren't stupid enough to pay $16 billions for submarines designed in the 70s.

But the Type 214 Turkey is getting will settle have lots of German technology as well :what: right?

That's exactly what i've said my friend,the numbers in the article are obviously inflated,hence the "my problem with this information".

Turkey and Pakistan probably are the only two nations in the Muslim world, with decades of submarining expertise. Both have deployed subs in combat, with Pakistan scoring a sub kill in 1971.

Both have mature submerged warfare doctrines, tactics, countermeasures, training and institutions. Our submerged warfare cooperation is old and mature. I'm sure that our PNS GHAZI was upgraded in Turkey, for minelaying capability.

Since the Kingdom has little opposition in both nations. It should seek technical help from Turkey and Pakistan for developing its sub capability, we'd be more than willing to help. ;)

Turkey and Pakistan probably are the only two nations in the Muslim world, with decades of submarining expertise. Both have deployed subs in combat, with Pakistan scoring a sub kill in 1971.

Both have mature submerged warfare doctrines, tactics, countermeasures, training and institutions. Our submerged warfare cooperation is old and mature. I'm sure that our PNS GHAZI was upgraded in Turkey, for minelaying capability.

Since the Kingdom has little opposition in both nations. It should seek technical help from Turkey and Pakistan for developing its sub capability, we'd be more than willing to help. ;)

No "hurma" no help :devil: :lol:

I want to release all them photos i took of @Yzd Khalifa in his undies on the beach throuh my periscope to be released by NSA. :whistle:

@Neptune / I want an endless contract to supply Naswar to the Saudis for the next 20 years. :smokin:

and I want a little kingdom called Neptune Finest under my dictatorship that i'll have an armada consisted by "Nuclear-powered-aircraft carrier-submarines". That all of the sailors would be the clones of Hazal Kaya lead by me...too bad that @Armstrong's gonna miss the party...:whistle:

I want to release all them photos i took of @Yzd Khalifa in his undies on the beach throuh my periscope to be released by NSA. :whistle:

@Neptune / I want an endless contract to supply Naswar to the Saudis for the next 20 years. :smokin:

Okay, just tell me at what time is he going to deliver these Naswars, I can get richy by snitching on you both, all what it takes is to inform the Saudi GDNC :lol:

No "hurma" no help :devil: :lol:

No woman, no drive :lol:

@Armstrong @Pakistanisage

who told you that nobody is messing with Pakistan....US drones are killing Pak civilians almost on daily basis....and its only the US who has been messing up the things in Gulf...so neither you (Nuke Power!!! ...rofl..) and nor gulf countries are able to do anything against the aggession.....then how come your claim will make any differnce?

Could you please tell me what mess did the US create in the Gulf?

Speaking of an aggression, we saw the kind of response India gave when the Chinese conducted an incursion over there, so please, spare us from playing the Great-one card.

Last edited:
Again when this news ?

My problems with this information:

1.Why 209 and not the latest 214 ?
2.12 billion euros for 5 ?!? That's 2.4 billion/1 submarine.A french Barracuda class 4800t nuclear attack submarine costs 1.6 billion euros.
Fundamental error > 500 million euro per unit, given 5 units, down to 480 million with 25 units.
Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions. | Page 35

Back
Top Bottom