by oldwolf., on Flickr

rubalkhali--5%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Rub Al-Khali (Empty Quarter)
by digitalazia, on Flickr

Saudi Arabia - Tabuk ,
by © Saud AL-Jethli, Photo, on Flickr

Désert
by alsltanm, on Flickr

@Arabian Legend @al-Hasani Where snowfalls take place in Saudi Arabia and what is the lowest temperature that is recorded in Saudi Arabia

Snowfall takes place in the Northern regions of KSA on a regularly basis, especially in the mountain ranges there. Also it snows sometimes in the mountains of Hijaz and in the mountains of the southern provinces of KSA although it happens very rarely in the latter areas.

-11 degrees Celsius (12 F) if I remember correctly. But I am not sure.

Wrong. I was reading some Arabic sources and they said that the temperature in the city of Qurayyat had dropped to -13 degrees (9 F).

In recent years very cold temperatures have also been recorded in different regions of KSA:

http://www.arabiaweather.com/conten...-الليالي-في-تاريخ-المملكة-تعرف-على-التفاصيل-؟

Riyadh is really rising very quickly. KAFC is going to be a big deal when fully completed! The skyline of Riyadh has completely changed in the last 10 years. Very impressive.

Last edited:
Saudi Arabia is beautiful but I miss green in pictures. Are there any lush gardens in Saudi Arabia?

Saudi Arabia is beautiful but I miss green in pictures. Are there any lush gardens in Saudi Arabia?

You are welcome.

I probably posted 200 photos of the tropical areas/forests in KSA. We have whole provinces, many the size of big countries, which have plenty of greenery, tropical fruits such as coffee, tea, banana, pineapple etc. We even have monsoon rains called Khareef in parts of KSA.

Khareef - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

o5dpv9.jpg

Asir region South Saudi Arabia KSA
by Life-Style, on Flickr

The world's biggest palm groove in Al-Ahsa, Eastern Province.

3708908963_34dbe12a4e_b.jpg

وادي البردي-ينبع 2
by asim mawwad -عاصم معوض, on Flickr

Saudi Arabia. Tabuk 2010 by © Saud AL-Jethli, Photo, on Flickr

ABHA MOUNTIN
by A alamri, on Flickr

IMG_4159
by A alamri, on Flickr

Sodah - Abha
by CoCaToo, on Flickr

Jazan region South Saudi Arabia KSA
by Life-Style, on Flickr

Enough of greenery?

You are welcome.

I probably posted 200 photos of the tropical areas/forests in KSA. We have whole provinces, many the size of big countries, which have plenty of greenery, tropical fruits such as coffee, tea, banana, pineapple etc. We even have monsoon rains called Khareef in parts of KSA.

Khareef - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

o5dpv9.jpg

Asir region South Saudi Arabia KSA
by Life-Style, on Flickr

The world's biggest palm groove in Al-Ahsa, Eastern Province.

3708908963_34dbe12a4e_b.jpg

وادي البردي-ينبع 2
by asim mawwad -عاصم معوض, on Flickr

Saudi Arabia. Tabuk 2010 by © Saud AL-Jethli, Photo, on Flickr

ABHA MOUNTIN by A alamri, on Flickr

IMG_4159
by A alamri, on Flickr

Sodah - Abha by CoCaToo, on Flickr

Jazan region South Saudi Arabia KSA by Life-Style, on Flickr

Enough of greenery?

Very beautiful. I personally don't like deserts. Thank God, there is no desert in Bangladesh. Rural BD is full of green but its urban BD which is crap looking concrete jungle. I think nature without green is beauty without soul. Why is there lack of green in Arab countries in general?

There is not any lack of that given the huge size and geography. Th desert can be a immensely beautiful place and there are different kinds of them in KSA. Volcanic, mountainous, hilly and steppe or the sand one like the Rub' al-Khali which is a natural wonder itself with sand dunes nearly 500 meters tall. In the spring many of those desert areas, outside the Rub' al-Khali turn green due to rainfall. Deserts are wild nature, peace of mind, tranquility and natural beauty all in one. I personally love the deserts, mountain ranges and tropical areas of KSA which my home region, Hijaz, all has. Aside from our beautiful coastlines which Hijaz obviously also has and the hundreds of tropical islands that accompany the coastline.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom