What's new

Saudi Arabia gives Syria opposition right to issue hajj permits

Arabian Legend

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia gives Syria opposition right to issue hajj permits

Move shows Saudi Arabia’s eagerness to give further legitimacy to Syria's opposition National Coalition.

RIYADH - Saudi Arabia has decided to give Syria's opposition National Coalition the right to process applications of Syrians wishing to perform the hajj pilgrimage to Mecca in autumn, an official said on Monday.

The kingdom handled last year's hajj visa applications without cooperating with Damascus.

But Riyadh has now decided that the opposition council is "entitled to issue hajj permits for the Syrians," hajj ministry spokesman Hatem Qadi said.

He said Saudi authorities took the decision after a coalition delegation visited the hajj ministry.

This year's pilgrimage falls in October.

The move shows the kingdom's eagerness to give further legitimacy to Syria's opposition.

Last year, Damascus said Riyadh barred Syrian pilgrims from the hajj, claiming Saudi authorities did not sign the necessary accord.

But Saudi Arabia rejected the accusation, saying King Abdullah ordered consulates in countries neighbouring Syria to facilitate visas for Syrians wishing to perform the hajj.

The pilgrimage is one of the five pillars of Islam and must be performed at least once in a lifetime by those who are able to make the journey to Mecca.

Every Muslim country has a hajj quota of 1,000 pilgrims per million inhabitants.

Like many Arab countries, Saudi Arabia has cut ties with Syria's government and called on President Bashar al-Assad to leave power.

.:Middle East Online::Saudi Arabia gives Syria opposition right to issue hajj permits :.

Assad lovers can do their hajj in Iran.:nana:

Every thing costs money. Long time ago when there no hotels and airplanes and Oil. It will cost you your life to go to pilgrimage. Your safety doesn't cost you anything now its included in the Hotel and airplane bill.

quick question, are shias allowed to do hajj. Also, are syrian alawites allowed?

The Haramain Shareefain committee employs Shia clerics to guide Shias in doing their rituals in Makkah and Madinah should they have any questions.

This is the government agency responisble for all matters of the two holy mosques. So I think this answers your questions, ridiculous as it is.

quick question, are shias allowed to do hajj. Also, are syrian alawites allowed?

Yes, they are allowed to do Hajj. Normally, their visit to their holy shrines in Iran, Iraq, Syria,and Egypt are considered to be minor Hajj. While their Mecca Hajj is the major one.

No, the Alawites don't go to Mecca ,because their faith is completely different than Islam, but if they want to come they can.

We allow anyone to come as long as they don't make noise, if they do, we will pull the trigger. History speaks for itself.

The Haramain Shareefain committee employs Shia clerics to guide Shias in doing their rituals in Makkah and Madinah should they have any questions.

This is the government agency responisble for all matters of the two holy mosques. So I think this answers your questions, ridiculous as it is.

No, his question isn't ridiculous much. And no, the Grand Islamic Council of ours don't recognized Shia to be Muslims.

No, his question isn't ridiculous much. And no, the Grand Islamic Council of ours don't recognized Shia to be Muslims.

The Grand Islamic Council of ours has Shia members, go check for yourself.

Just not Twelver Shias I agree. Zaidi and other types though yes it has members representatives of them.

The Grand Islamic Council of ours has Shia members, go check for yourself.

Then he most certainly will be an observer not a member. No one knows our cons than you and me :rofl:

Just not Twelver Shias I agree. Zaidi and other types though yes it has members representatives of them.
I'm positively sure that they don't recognize any to be a Muslim :undecided:

Wonderful news.

The Zaidis are closer to Sunni Islam, especially the Hanafi and Shafi'i madahib than the Shia Twelver sect.

Thats what I say and people here call me uninformed or just shallow. Isn't Saudi Arabia playing a divisive game here? Who gets to benefit from it?

FSA is a rag tag group of terrorists. How can they be considered a legitimate government by any stretch of imagination.

Nope, dont even know what zaidis are
just stirring up a fight

:lol:funny.

Thats what I say and people here call me uninformed or just shallow. Isn't Saudi Arabia playing a divisive game here? Who gets to benefit from it?

FSA is a rag tag group of terrorists. How can they be considered a legitimate government by any stretch of imagination.

The Syrian people get the benefit from it. And yes sir, you truly are misinformed.

Back
Top Bottom