What's new

Saudi Arabia declares all atheists are terrorists

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend a skyscraper is never a good investment. The Burj al-Arab in Dubai has been a bad investment financially if you just look at the revenue obtained from the skyscraper alone but all the upland, the business, exposure, investments, house prices etc. have skyrocketed and all in all it has been a huge success.

Now Dubai has historically and no historical importance in the Arab world. It was just 1 out of thousands of small fishing villages. It's due to clever rulers that it came on the world map and now is world famous and a major destination for tourism, investments etc.

Makkah has been and is the most famous city in the Muslim world and one of the most famous in the world. It does not need a skyscraper for exposure, business etc. So I don't see how money is an initiative here.

Contrary to popular belief then the revenue KSA gets from the hajj is not very big compared to the expenses.
In any case I am not sure if people here even know how this project will look like in say 2025 before they pass judgement?

Also who says that this skyscraper and other buildings cannot be erased as others before them have been erased for thousands of years?

It's not a coincidence that there is so little heritage in the world from more than 2000 years ago that is still standing in its original form.

My point being why literally towering over the Kaba. Literally standing on top of it. Maybe a few hundred meters away would be ok. But then again not my country so not my rules.

What is the difference between a royal decree and legislation? As in, how different are they in legal terms?

A Royal Decree is similar to executive order signed by the POTUS. But in order to bring a decree into effect, the Cabinet, the Ministerial Council as well as the advisory branches must come into an agreement into it.

While a legislation is being passed by the Consultative Council, and to be reviewed by the Cabinet as well as the Supreme Court.

No one can veto a legislation, it either will be put on hold or to be re-studied once more.

Then what is this news all about?

There are some bugs in this article. Including a false information regarding the decree, and the implementation of it, which is a bit confusing, at least for me.

My point being why literally towering over the Kaba. Literally standing on top of it. Maybe a few hundred meters away would be ok. But then again not my country so not my rules.

As I said I am not a big fan of Abraj al-Bait either but you should take a look at how the final design will look like. Nothing like it does right now so passing judgement on it right now is silly. It would be like passing a judgement on the Pyramids when the fundament was only completed.

Makkah has for the past many years been under a process of renovation. Some really old neighborhoods have been renovated or demolished in order to built better and newer infrastructure which was heavily needed. For the people living in those neighborhoods and for the city. I too prefer ancient architecture especially the Hijazi one which I like a lot but we live in a modern world and everywhere in the world people are building new buildings with modern designs. Not a huge fan of this but that's how it is.

The plan could always have been better or worse. If the expansion was not done people would complained about why everything looks so ancient, why there is no place for the pilgrims, why it is so crowded, why there are no hotels etc.

It's pathetic really. You can't make everybody happy. As long as they are not destroying the two mosques I see no reason to go berserk.

As I said I am not a big fan of Bait al-Abraj either but you should take a look at how the final design will look like. Nothing like it does right now so passing judgement on it right now is silly. It would be like passing a judgement on the Pyramids when the fundament was only completed.

Makkah has for the past many years been under a process of renovation. Some really old neighborhoods have been renovated or demolished in order to built better a newer infrastructure which was heavily needed. For the people living in those neighborhoods and for the city. I too prefer ancient architecture especially the Hijazi which I like a lot but we live in a modern world and everywhere in the world people are building new buildings with modern designs. Not a huge fan of this but that's how it is.

The plan could always have been better or worse. If the expansion was not done people would complained about why everything looks so ancient, why there is no place for the pilgrims, why it is so crowded, why there are no hotels etc.

It's pathetic really. You can't make everybody happy. As long as they are not destroying the two mosques I see no reason to go berserk.

I'm not talking about the expansion man, I'm taalking about the Uncle Ben's cousin Big Makka Tower. So out of place mayyyyyyyyynnnnnn.

I'm not talking about the expansion man, I'm taalking about the Uncle Ben's cousin Big Makka Tower. So out of place mayyyyyyyyynnnnnn.

It's part of the plan.

Visit this thread below that I made over 1 year ago. Not been updating it much though.

Inspirational hajj pilgrimages to Makkah (and Madinah)

But again it's about esthetics for you while it has little to do with the rituals of hajj or the mosque itself other than you seeing a skyscraper instead of some old neighborhoods or the hill tops surrounding Makkah.

If this is fake where is that comes from ? I mean independent is not a simple hoax site.

The king trying to save his chair?

What an utter nonsense. Saudi Arabia has not issued any statement nor passed any laws in regard to atheism. Anyone claiming so should provide the official announcement made by Saudi Arabia and put it forward. Saudi Arabia should sue those media outlets for inventing lies and spreading false news.

Last edited:
What an utter nonsense. Saudi Arabia has not issued any statement nor passed any laws in regard to atheism. Anyone claiming so should provide the official announcement made by Saudi Arabia and put it forward. Saudi Arabia should sue those media outlets for inventing lies and spreading false news.

We won two cases recently. One led by the MoI against the Guardian, while the other came against the Dailymail, and an Ethiopian Saudi-wannabe woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom