What's new

Saudi Arabia Boosts Its National Guard

Please give full detail of the equipment used by them everything and also do they have speical forces ?
You may find everything related to equipments on wiki.

And yes, they do have an SF.

KSA should try to regularized them and make a single force of at least 700,000 young men along with 70,000-110,000 additional SSGs(A). Also they need to increase their Navy and Airfoce as well in numbers and in equipment through JV with Pakistan and Turkey along with other countries like EU and even US.
70000 is a possible number, as long as these people will be serving in reserves.

Yes, that's also the most logical thing but in case of more troubles in the region it cannot be fully ruled out. I don't think that it would be a bad idea to be honest with you. 6-8 months would not be a bad thing.

Yes, that's also the most logical thing but in case of more troubles in the region it cannot be fully ruled out. I don't think that it would be a bad idea to be honest with you. 6-8 months would not be a bad thing.

A year should be good then.

6-8 months are nothing.

A year should be good then.

6-8 months are nothing.

Well, many countries have 6-8/12 months long conscriptions. It was just an example. If you notice it then most countries in our region do you use compulsory military service for an certain period of time.

In the neighborhood we live in forced conscription would not be a bad idea. Had we been located in Scandinavia it might have been useless.

Well, many countries have 6-8/12 months long conscriptions. It was just an example. If you notice it then most countries in our region do you use compulsory military service for an certain period of time.
Yes, some countries do. The Egyys service for 2 years while the Israelis serve for 3 years for men, 2 for women.

I think a year should be good, and that's that.

Yes, some countries do. The Egyys service for 2 years while the Israelis serve for 3 years for men, 2 for women.

I think a year should be good, and that's that.

Yes, I am thinking 8-12 months would be fine. Don't be surprised if we see compulsory military service sometime in the future. It might sound unrealistic now but look at Kuwait and UAE. The last countries to expect this in our region aside from Bahrain and Qatar.

If Saudi does go ahead with compulsory military service, I hope they make the necessary exemptions for university students, expats and so on.

Going by the Lebanese experience, that became a bit of a problem in the late 90s.

If Saudi does go ahead with compulsory military service, I hope they make the necessary exemptions for university students, expats and so on.

Going by the Lebanese experience, that became a bit of a problem in the late 90s.

Yes, I have read about that.

I think that they will follow the example of the countries that succeed in implementing this. But right now it is not going to happen although you can never know. I would not bet on it though.

Last edited:

In the neighborhood we live in forced conscription would not be a bad idea. Had we been located in Scandinavia it might have been useless.

My Respected Arab brother, Asalam-O-Alikum.

Bro. actually KSA should be a power house not just a country map in the world. So it needs to have a robust Military although it is moving slowly forward but the speed and the pace is not good at all.

I would recommend that KSA should start working from today on making a Regular Army of 700,000 Men and about 110,000 men as SSG(Army). Regular Army men would be guarding the borders of KSA in all of the North-South-East and West in an 8 hour shift of about 70,000 men.

More over, KSA needs to have a good airforce and navy as well especially a bigger submarine force.

Yes, I am thinking 8-12 months would be fine. Don't be surprised if we see compulsory military service sometime in the future. It might sound unrealistic now but look at Kuwait and UAE. The last countries to expect this in our region aside from Bahrain and Qatar.

Bro. UAE, Jordan, Oman and Yemen all of them needs to work more and more on their Military to grow in numbers, equipment and especially technology. Not to Forget Bahrain, Qatar and Kuwait must also not forget it.

My Respected Arab brother, Asalam-O-Alikum.

Bro. actually KSA should be a power house not just a country map in the world. So it needs to have a robust Military although it is moving slowly forward but the speed and the pace is not good at all.

I would recommend that KSA should start working from today on making a Regular Army of 700,000 Men and about 110,000 men as SSG(Army). Regular Army men would be guarding the borders of KSA in all of the North-South-East and West in an 8 hour shift of about 70,000 men.

More over, KSA needs to have a good airforce and navy as well especially a bigger submarine force.

Bro. UAE, Jordan, Oman and Yemen all of them needs to work more and more on their Military to grow in numbers, equipment and especially technology. Not to Forget Bahrain, Qatar and Kuwait must also not forget it.
What I think Saudi Arabia should do it they need to increase their Army to at least 250000 Soldiers which should have at least 2000 Tanks and lot of Artillery and best training their commandos should be trained by us and also other infantry guys should be give at least some sort of Light Commando training too and they should also turn 100000 SANG into full Army and they should give SANG Tanks and SP Artillery and also TOwed ARtillery along with really good training and should try to increase SANG number to 150000 and along with this they need to focus on their Air Force and should have at least 700 4.5 to 5th Generation Fighter Jets along with 8 to 10 Awacs along with huge Anti Missile and Anti Air Defence force and for Navy they need to have between 24 to 28 Frigates and Destroyers along with 14 to 18 Submarines and lot of Missile Boats and if think they can manage also form full fledged Air Force and Navy of SANG

@Aeronaut @Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend @JUBA @al-Hasani and others

Back
Top Bottom