What's new

Saudi Arabian Air, Land, Naval Forces & SANG

We never purchased the F-16. We were offered Block 40, and we rejected it due to its inferiority. Instead we procured more Tornados, the Typhoons.

We do fly the UAE's though.

Do you think they could've made Saudi versions of the F-16 just like they did with the F-16i?

Do you think they could've made Saudi versions of the F-16 just like they did with the F-16i?

Yes, but the question is will the F-16 be what matches KSA's standards or not.

If yes, then good!

If not, then KSA won't accept it.

Yes, but the question is will the F-16 be what matches KSA's standards or not.
If yes, then good!
If not, then KSA won't accept it.

If KSA wanted single engine high end fighter jet and they were not able to get their desired version of F-16s then why they did not go for JAS-39 Gripen NG with Erieye?? it could have given you a very potent system with easy maintenance and sensor fusion capabilities, those could have been customized as per KSAs needs too and SAAB is also looking for partner for stealth project which in future KSA will need too.

If KSA wanted single engine high end fighter jet and they were not able to get their desired version of F-16s then why they did not go for JAS-39 Gripen NG with Erieye?? it could have given you a very potent system with easy maintenance and sensor fusion capabilities, those could have been customized as per KSAs needs too and SAAB is also looking for partner for stealth project which in future KSA will need too.

We have done few deals with the Swedish. We procured an AWACS system, Surveillance Planes, and Anti-Tank missiles.

I can assure you that they're equipments are top-notch, and all - despite its bloody expensive price -

However, due to the massive amount of political parties, many of them make a hell of a noise while doing business with us due to the so-called dark human right record of ours.

Therefore, the Swedish can't be trusted to do business with, but still, they are less nosier than the Germans.

We never took the two seriously, despite the fact that we receive a tremendous amount of proposals whenever we announce a new project.

@Yzd Khalifa but still you haven't mentioned the major reason for not going for single engine plane when F-16s were rejected, your Air force will have all twin engine air crafts in future.

@Yzd Khalifa but still you haven't mentioned the major reason for not going for single engine plane when F-16s were rejected, your Air force will have all twin engine air crafts in future.

The two-engine policy for the RSAF is perhaps one of the most notable reasons behind rejecting the F-16 - in addition to the Block 40's inferiority compared to the Tornados they were flying -

We could have modified the F-16 upon our own customizations, but it was better to go for more 40 Tornados.

In the near future, when the F-35 matures enough, I'm sure we can work something out, or wait for France's 6th Gen jet.

The two-engine policy for the RSAF is perhaps one of the most notable reasons behind rejecting the F-16 - in addition to the Block 40's inferiority compared to the Tornados they were flying -

We could have modified the F-16 upon our own customizations, but it was better to go for more 40 Tornados.

In the near future, when the F-35 matures enough, I'm sure we can work something out, or wait for France's 6th Gen jet.

Could you please elaborate more on RSAF's two-engine policy? Why do we adopt such policy and what are the pros and cons of it?

Could you please elaborate more on RSAF's two-engine policy? Why do we adopt such policy and what are the pros and cons of it?

Simple, even if an engine turns off - or well chokes and cut out during an extreme combat maneuver for example - the other allows the airplane to continue to fly nevertheless… The major drawback, it costs much more expensive to maintain.

Last edited:
Simple, even if an engine turns off - or well chokes and cut out during an extreme combat maneuver for example - the other allows the airplane to continue to fly nevertheless… The major drawback, it costs much more expensive to maintain.

Please note that if one engine blows off, it can also lead to the other engine turning the plane into a sharp turn leading to an unrecoverable spin.

Thanks. I just wanted also to know why is it RSAF that is not accepting any single engine fighter jet. What you said is correct. Yet, most air-forces around the world are O.K with single engine jets?

10155986_637992046280644_5508063785874790116_n.jpg

1797402_642595935820255_6418537658476695591_n.jpg

Thanks. I just wanted also to know why is it RSAF that is not accepting any single engine fighter jet. What you said is correct. Yet, most air-forces around the world are O.K with single engine jets?
advantage of twin engine is it has more speed and can fly to more distance isntead of single engine. Probably KSA took the consideration of IRan, thats why bought them. But, I think With latest f16 block 50, they could overcome this issue.

Back
Top Bottom