What's new

Satellite Photos of Iran's attack on US bases

1991 Gulf war

In the most devastating Iraqi stroke of the Persian Gulf war, an Iraqi missile demolished a barracks housing more than 100 American troops on Monday night, killing 27 and wounding 98, the American military command in Riyadh said early today.

https://www.nytimes.com/1991/02/26/...ud-missile-hits-a-us-barracks-killing-27.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Hussein_(missile)#cite_note-Humphrey-8

1280px-IrakScudB1989.jpg
\

Look at what we did to America whether during conventional warfare or the post 2003 insurgency. Today we have Hezbollahi animals whom cannot do such damage, this was an actual attack that shits all over the Al-Asad attack.

Here's the answer, no mullah can match this

If your referring to the USS liberty that's not the same as conducting precision strikes against U.S. military air bases from 100's of km from your own boarders using domestically produce weapons
Iran, Vietnam, the Koreans have all hit U.S. ships....

If your referring to the USS liberty that's not the same as conducting precision strikes against U.S. military air bases from 100's of km from your own boarders using domestically produce weapons
Iran, Vietnam, the Koreans have all hit U.S. ships....
And zero casualties. You think people are idiots. Iran showed to be a coward. They shake with fear of any real US retaliation. Khamenei's back has no spine.

You are making too many stupid posts on this forum. Maybe you will STFU
I think your posts are stupid. You say Iran humiliated America? With a fake and staged missile strike that caused zero casualties? Just minor damages to pointless buildings that nobody cares about

One very likely option would be using the iranian lps[local positioning system]for setting the initial launch point of the on board inertial navigation system which would give very,very good accuracy to begin with.The iranian inertial navigation systems also use state of the art components like laser ring and fiber optic gyros and these give very good accuracy and are relatively cheap[compared to earlier electro-mechanical/electronic-mechanical gyro systems].The iranians spent a lot of time and effort to be able to indigenously produce these components and complete systems.
Ok.....the next question,how far out of the IRAN's border does that lps system work.....apperantly the missiles were flying 700km out of IRAN's border

Gen. Hajizadeh:
Primary target was was Taji base, yet due to proximity to Holy sites, few hours earlier it was witched to Ain AlAssad base. 13 missiles have been fired and all of them hit their target, 2000 more were ready to follow.

Tens of Americans have died, though IRGC could hit resident areas of that base and increase their death toll to 500. At the time of operation, there were about 2000 to 2500 US forces in this base.

US military conducted at least nine sorties flight of C130 after the operation, taking the wounded to Jordan and the occupied territories, while Chinook helicopters transferred some injured Americans to the US hospital in Baghdad.

Iran shocked Americans by conducting a massive Electronic warfare 15 minutes later, and they lost connection to 8 MQ9 drones flying over the region.

------
Also US has transferred part of his casualties by a C17 to their special hospital in Germany:
2690385.jpg

2690377.jpg

How did you find out that image where they sent a C17 to Ramstein on a flight tracker?

Ok.....the next question,how far out of the IRAN's border does that lps system work.....apperantly the missiles were flying 700km out of IRAN's border
Unfortunately I dont have a clue,it could be fairly short distances just to cover iran and the persian gulf area or like the loran systems it could have longer range,tho this could be at the cost of accuracy.I would think that for the attack that we just saw the system would be used to provide the missiles on board inertial navigation system with the most accurate launch point fix possible.
139503121219117397815674.jpg

I wish I could read the posters in the background.......
https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2016/06/01/1090226/iran-developing-homegrown-alternative-to-gps

Last edited:
Iran has the whole Middle east covered with their missiles. I suppose that's the reason why the US didn't retaliate. Iran's Missile range stretches to 3000km. Anyone in their right mind would be worried.

Back
Top Bottom