What's new

Sania Mirza to marry Shoaib Malik?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indian political party furious on Shoaib-Sania wedding
Updated at: 2315 PST, Wednesday, March 31, 2010

COIMBATORE/ TAMIL NADU: Activists of a regional political party in Coimbatore on Wednesday held a protest against the much-speculated marriage of Indian tennis sensation Sania Mirza with Pakistani cricket star Shoaib Malik.

The marriage will take place in April.

The protestors condemned Mirza's decision to marry a Pakistani cricketer and raised slogans against her, the Central Government and the Andhra Pradesh Government.

They demanded the tennis player be deported from the country. They also demanded the federal government to take back all the awards given to her.

"There have been reports that Sania Mirza will marry Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik, which the Hindu Makkal Katchi, regional Hindu political outfit strongly condemns," said Senthil Kumar, an activist of Hindu Makkal Katchi.

"Because we feel that the cricket player basically belongs to a country, which aids and abets terrorism against India. It is still to handover the Mumbai attack accused to India. Moreover, this is an insult to 100 crore Indian people and Muslims living in India," he added.

"We also demand that the highest awards such as Padma Shri should be taken back from her immediately and we want to deport her from India."

The 23-year-old tennis player was the first Indian to win a WTA tour event in 2005 and reached her highest world ranking of 27 two years ago although she has since slipped to the 92nd spot.

Malik, 28, has been fighting a 12-month ban by the Pakistan Cricket Board for poor performance and indiscipline.

COIMBATORE/ TAMIL NADU: Activists of a regional political party in Coimbatore on Wednesday held a protest against the much-speculated marriage of Indian tennis sensation Sania Mirza with Pakistani cricket star Shoaib Malik.

The protestors condemned Mirza's decision to marry a Pakistani cricketer and raised slogans against her, the Central Government and the Andhra Pradesh Government.

They demanded the tennis player be deported from the country. They also demanded the federal government to take back all the awards given to her.

"There have been reports that Sania Mirza will marry Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik, which the Hindu Makkal Katchi, regional Hindu political outfit strongly condemns," said Senthil Kumar, an activist of Hindu Makkal Katchi.

"Because we feel that the cricket player basically belongs to a country, which aids and abets terrorism against India. It is still to handover the Mumbai attack accused to India. Moreover, this is an insult to 100 crore Indian people and Muslims living in India," he added.

"We also demand that the highest awards such as Padma Shri should be taken back from her immediately and we want to deport her from India."

The 23-year-old tennis player was the first Indian to win a WTA tour event in 2005 and reached her highest world ranking of 27 two years ago although she has since slipped to the 92nd spot.

Malik, 28, has been fighting a 12-month ban by the Pakistan Cricket Board for poor performance and indiscipline.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm from TN never heard of this party.

Last edited:

wow....where is their VEER ZAARA of love now.....

Not a single major political parties condemn the act of Sania..but still Pakistani newpapers were making it a big news out of some regional party which i heard first time in my life..:disagree: ..just google it..many of the Indian newspapers didnt bother to mention it..

Wow ...and when this new party came into existence.....I watch news daily...and i think I read newspaper as well....Nothing of this sort came out here in India .....May be there is some jadooo happening in Pakistan with all sorts of fuzzy news flying around....

this is probably true, but its the indians who you have to admit shout about their free open secular society yet turn on sania just because she exercised her will!!!

the reaction by the indian men on here is pretty poor, from being a proud symbol of india she has probably become a hated figure over night, and for what?

You should never generalize a population based on a small set of people with extreme views. Is it fair to generalize all of Pakistan as a right wing islamic fundamentalists because of parties like Jamiat-i-Ulama-i-Hind, the Majli-i-Ahrar and the Jamaat-i-Islami etc..

So idiots exist on both sides of the border.. Dont generalize based on fun some of the people are having on this thread. All you have to do is look at the comments of your hockey captain about the support he received from the crowd whenever Pakistan team was playing in the world cup a month back..

Sania did the right by rejecting India....lol

She could not live in such country where communal rights are the part of daily life and Hindus Indians are doing everything they can do to cause harm to innocent muslims population.

Hyderabad's communal riots cause 1,000 cr loss | Education News Portal from Hyderabad

It reminds me of that BBC news about Indian mens (if you know what i am talking about)

Won't mention it again

in one post one senior memeber claimed that in Hyderabad(india) there was a riot due to sania marrige pakistani guy

these are 3 classic examples among lots of other and one comes from zaki(one of my favorite Pakistani and i did't expect this from him.).

to only counter these stupid nonsense arguments and to show it is individual right ki they can marry anybody and there is nothing special in it and it is not a national prestige issue when we will post Dina wadia(the daughter of Mohamad ali Zinna , first daughter of pakistan ) pic with her indian hasband then mod will delete those pic and will accused us to not become frustrated and will ignore all our best wishes posts.

50% of Pakistani post in these thread are accusing that we indian are
most concerned people about this marriage when the thread statics are saying just opposite.

don't you think it becomes like this.
"Wo mare bhi aur rone bhi na de."
means
first they hit then they force them not to cry
.hahahha:lol::rofl::welcome::pdf:

Last edited:
these are 3 classic examples among lots of other and one comes from zaki(one of my favorite Pakistani and i did't expect this from him.).

.hahahha:lol:::welcome::pdf:

Relax man........ we were only joking :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry if you were offended from any of my posts

Was just having a good time :cool:

to only counter these stupid nonsense arguments and to show it is individual right ki they can marry anybody and there is nothing special in it and it is not a national prestige issue when we will post Dina wadia(the daughter of Mohamad ali Zinna , first daughter of pakistan ) pic with her indian hasband then mod will delete those pic and will accused us to not become frustrated and will ignore all our best wishes posts.

50% of Pakistani post in these thread are accusing that we indian are
most concerned people about this marriage when the thread statics are saying just opposite.

means
first they hit then they force them not to cry
.hahahha:lol::rofl::welcome::pdf:

Good one.. Ub Batao kon bol rha tha.. :rofl::rofl:

Bhai log chdo yaar ab, jane do un pyaar mai pagal chidiyo ko. Khao piyoo ash karo mitro.

Gujjar boy.

Holy Cow!! 38 pages dedicated to Sania Mirza.. and I haven't even read most of the discussion! And then guyz blame girlz for being gossipers and rumor mongers.. :rolleyes::confused:

Just chill all you guys specially indians who are feeling the most heat from this news.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom