What's new

Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ go official with new hardware, old looks

I use my S3 for viewing films, surfing and shopping. It's OLED screen is unbeatable and it runs very smoothly. It's on par with the latest IPAD according to independent testers Which. I have the 8 plus as my phone.

Samsung have the best mobile screens period.
LG mobile OLED is inferior to Samsung but it's TV OLED technology is top-notch.
Slightly off topic, I have a 4K LG TV(non-OLED) and that has amazing screen.

Samsung have the best mobile screens period.
LG mobile OLED is inferior to Samsung but it's TV OLED technology is top-notch.
Slightly off topic, I have a 4K LG TV(non-OLED) and that has amazing screen.

Yeh agreed on both points.

I am trying to figure out how Samsung is asking 739 UK pounds but only 719.99 US dollars for the Galaxy S9?
Even with 20% VAT, Samsung are massively profiteering. The right price would be around the 600 UK pounds mark.
In my experience, Samsung products lose value very quickly so it is wise to wait a few months before buying it while Apple product holds the same price until the next model is launched so one can easily buy it soon after launch if needed.

In my experience, Samsung products lose value very quickly so it is wise to wait a few months before buying it while Apple product holds the same price until the next model is launched so one can easily buy it soon after launch if needed.

I am on the market for a new phone now. Think I may give it a few months and if I can see a good deal where the cost of the phone is 400-500 UK pounds(after taking out the cost of the data package) I will probably get that.
I really like Samsung's screen tech and the camera in the S9 is the best yet.

PS - The Exynos 9810 that will be in the European models is twice as fast in single core mode than the S8 and so no need to worry about lag for years to come!

Last edited:
i have Samsung p605 limited edition but still need to learn its features like the pen feature. i have Samsung s4 still going hard and running many apps with extended memory card anything above this, is getting materialistic. what most people should consider is are these greedy industries equipping fone to last like hardened screen or gorilla screen glass lcd protector, water proofing, quality long life battery that you can replace easily unlike htc, ram memory is more than 1 gb,internal memory is like 128gb, does it come with heavy duty abuse proof casing etc.

does it come with magnetic charge port or that sh itty samsung type charge port is like micro port i cant rember but that wears out then you have to order in ebay and do operation like heart surgery.

61Pgy9GHB1L._SX385_.jpg

Samsung s9 note would be much better than this s series new flagship by Samsung

I'm a big fan of the note line, and have been an owner since the Note 3.

Although I've always hated how here in the US, we get the Snapdragon processor version when Samsung's in-house exynos processor International versions are superior.

My Note 5 it's still serving me so well, that I skipped the Note 8. Will definitely be giving a hard look at the note 9 though.

I'm a big fan of the note line, and have been an owner since the Note 3.

Although I've always hated how here in the US, we get the Snapdragon processor version when Samsung's in-house exynos processor International versions are superior.

My Note 5 it's still serving me so well, that I skipped the Note 8. Will definitely be giving a hard look at the note 9 though.

The reason the US gets the Snapdradon SOC is to allow the phone to be compatible with all major networks.

Although the Snapdragon is slower than Exynos in normal app usage, it is superior in mobile gaming thanks to the Adreno GPU.

Last edited:
The reason the US gets the Snapdradon SOC is to allow the phone to be compatible with all major networks.

Although the Snapdragon is slower than Exynos in normal app usage, it is superior in mobile gaming thanks to the Andreno GPU.

Yeah, I'm aware of the reason and understand why. I just still personally wish it to be the other way. For everyday general use, most people probably wouldn't really notice a significant difference.

I just (like most people) want to get the best bang for my buck.

All that being said, the Snapdragon is certainly no slouch by any means.

Yeah, I'm aware of the reason and understand why. I just still personally wish it to be the other way. For everyday general use, most people probably wouldn't really notice a significant difference.

I just (like most people) want to get the best bang for my buck.

Snapdragon 845 is so fast that it's theoretical lower CPU performance compared to Exynos will not be noticed in day to day usage. What will be noticeable for gamers is the smoother graphics they get from the Snapdragon's Adreno GPU compared to the Mali GPU in the Exynos.

I would say that the slow CPU speed of the Snapdraon will not really be a factor for 2 years - my Snapdragon 810 in my HTC M9 has started to lag only after I had the phone for 2 years.

I am on the market for a new phone now. Think I may give it a few months and if I can see a good deal where the cost of the phone is 400-500 UK pounds(after taking out the cost of the data package) I will probably get that.
I really like Samsung's screen tech and the camera in the S9 is the best yet.

PS - The Exynos 9810 that will be in the European models is twice as fast in single core mode than the S8 and so no need to worry about lag for years to come!

Raw power dont matter much these days . Snapdragon 820 with 4GB RAM will run everything as smoothly as Snapdragon 835/845 with 6GB RAM and this will not change in coming few years. what matter is how better software optimised your raw power to give you fluidity and butter smooth experience with no or minimum lag . People were experiencing lag even on s8 because touchwiz is sluggish or probably worst custom skin as compare to sony/htc/pixel . You will notice that even first generation pixel run much faster in daily life than s8 because of stock android and no useless bloatware . I dont go for just raw power but overall experience

These phone companies are making people fools. You wouldn't buy an $800+ laptop every 2-3 years so why would you buy an $800+ smartphone every 2-3 years? And a contract is even worse.

A smartphone can't even do half the things a laptop can do. I'd rather get a mid-level android for $200-$350.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom