What's new

Samsung Galaxy S4 or HTC One?

Normal people woulndt mind a good camera since they cant adjust settings like a photographer. And most also prefer replacable batteries. And android is really recource inefficient, one of the most poorly programmed OSes out there in terms of speed so more core is better specially since there's more potential for PC level apps and games[/QUOTE]

We can use auto-settings if we don't want to tweak the settings. The fear of non-replaceable batteries is unfounded and irrational. It's not that hard to just take the battery out.

Android is not resource inefficient, it is actally better because it can accommodate several different device specifications, unlike the iOS. More cores are only really useful for serious multi-taskers. For someone who listens to music while browsing the web and reading a book at the same time, even two Cortex-A9 or Snapdragon cores are sufficient with 1gb of RAM.

Let me guess, you've never tried android?
iOS is officially for stupid people, there's no denying that, apple itself hints to that fact by all that bs about it's friendly ui etc

I have both Samsung galaxy S3 (Company given) and iPhone 4s (personal) and I hate S3/Android. The point is there are better things to do in life than wasting my time managing my phone. The days are gone when people used to spend their life setting up computing devices (change hard disk, change motherboard, format har disk, reinstall OS - good old days).

Now these computing devices are nothing more than just another tool. And all you want from your tool is to get the job done properly and not throw tantrums at you.

S4 has a bigger screen, higher mexapixel camera, a faster processor (depending on market). HTC has better speakers. I would go for S4.
S4 may have a bigger screen but lower ppi....right now HTC one has the best screen in the market with 468ppi vs 441 on S4......and tell me how did you compare a mega pixel camera with an ultra pixel one?

In Pakistan HTC one is around 80,000 and S4 is around 100,000........both are overly priced. Sony Xperia Z with 13MP camera and water proof capabilities is around 59,000 Rs
sony-xperia-z,8-2-367058-13+(1).jpg

Go for the HTC One, it's an amazing capable phone with the best build quality but the screen is also very good with ppi and color saturation. You can't go wrong with it. I would wait for Samsung galaxy 5, don't get the 4. It's just a spec upgrade from the 3. HTC however has stepped it up with this phone. Keep in mind may new smartphones will be revealed this summer. Possibly galaxy note 3, a new HTC, new Motorola phones(maybe Nexus) and new Nokia phones.

and tell me how did you compare a mega pixel camera with an ultra pixel one?

Ultrapixel is not mutually exclusive with Megapixel. The HTC One has a 4 megapixel camera which uses an ultrapixel sensor. So now you tell me, what part of 13 megapixels being higher then 4 megapixels is incorrect?

High megapixels don't make it a better quality camera, not in all aspects. Ultra pixel has smaller images though. Larger sensors. It's a good camera overall.

Ultrapixel is not mutually exclusive with Megapixel. The HTC One has a 4 megapixel camera which uses an ultrapixel sensor. So now you tell me, what part of 13 megapixels being higher then 4 megapixels is incorrect?
I didnt say that 13 MP is not higher than the one on HTC.....I only asked for the base of your comparison between S4 and HTC one cameras.
Since we are taking of pixels here so lets have a look....HTC’s pixels are larger, thus, according to HTC, allowing for better light sensitivity. Just how large an ultrapixel is compared to a “regular pixel? Two-micrometers (compared to 1.4-micrometers on 0.0000787 inches).
Ultra pixel sensor has larger pixels which enable each pixel to capture more than 300% more light than most 13MP cameras and its f/2.0 aperture is the largest cellular camera aperture so far.
HTC UltraPixel Camera

I didnt say that 13 MP is not higher than the one on HTC.....I only asked for the base of your comparison.
Since we are taking of pixels here so lets have a look....HTC’s pixels are larger, thus, according to HTC, allowing for better light sensitivity. Just how large an ultrapixel is compared to a “regular pixel? Two-micrometers (compared to 1.4-micrometers on 0.0000787 inches).
Ultra pixel sensor has larger pixels which enable each pixel to capture more than 300% more light than most 13MP cameras and its f/2.0 aperture is the largest so far.
HTC UltraPixel Camera

Yes well in a few of the reviews I read of the HTC One it says the camera was poor. Megapixels are not very important for determining picture quality once you reach a certain threshold. The term "Ultrapixel" is also just a marketing gimmick by HTC to describe their new approach to smartphone cameras (focusing on lens rather then pixels). We will have to wait and see when the S4 comes out, but I think it is a safe bet that it will have a better camera then the HTC.

Yes well in a few of the reviews I read of the HTC One it says the camera was poor. Megapixels are not very important for determining picture quality once you reach a certain threshold. The term "Ultrapixel" is also just a marketing gimmick by HTC to describe their new approach to smartphone cameras (focusing on lens rather then pixels). We will have to wait and see when the S4 comes out, but I think it is a safe bet that it will have a better camera then the HTC.

Most of these reviews are paid reviews. Just check camera samples at anandtach where they compared HTC one with lumia 920 and iPhone 5. Samsung anyway make horrible cameras.

Samsung Galaxy 4 or the new iPhone that will follow it. :pop:

In Pakistan HTC one is around 80,000 and S4 is around 100,000........both are overly priced. Sony Xperia Z with 13MP camera and water proof capabilities is around 59,000 Rs
sony-xperia-z,8-2-367058-13+(1).jpg

i am pretty much sure that Samsung Pakistan will launch S4 officially in Pakistan with International Prices, if i were you i wouldn't buy S4 or Htc one, i would suggest you Samsung Galaxy Nexus to save money or Xperia z if you really want to spent some money

Back
Top Bottom