What's new

Samsung Galaxy S4 or HTC One?

Tegra already supports HDR, but Tegra 4 will be looking at HDR mode which will be active all the time. That kind of image processing will set it apart from the other chipsets.
But currently the best chipset for smartphone photography is Samsung's Exynos. The Galaxy S series and the Notes are some of the best camera phones out there.
I have my doubts about Exynos....Currently using S3...and some times its pictures look very dull, I have tried changing settings but shots always turn out quite unimpressive(i used to own an N8 once and its camera never disappointed me)....as for notes...huge screens and extremely low ppis....i mean whats the point of having a bigger screen if they wont cover details.

^GSM arena and Phone areana are the two most biased websites....
Look at their first point, S4 has a bigger screen....LOL only .3 difference here. But they conviently ignore that HTC ones screen has higher ppi.

for me user replacement battery/SD card is big advantage of S4 and i personally prefer AMOLED more than LCD because of great contrast and good sun light visibility. I got s1 and s2 and now looking forward to get either s4 or note 2...look or design will be last thing i will care..i will agree that htc one look solid and expensive

well they mentioned about screen comparison in details

Screen comparison

2013 is the year of the 1080p Android flagships and the Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One are two of the most prominent members. The Galaxy S4 goes for a bigger 5" Super AMOLED screen, while the One sports a smaller 4.7" Super LCD3.

The pixel densities of both are ridiculously high (441ppi for the S4, 469ppi for the One), but honestly anything over 400ppi looks the same. One thing is for sure though, there is a difference between the 400+ppi screens and the 300+ppi screens of the last generation, though it's not a Retina-scale revolution.

Still, it should be noted that the Super AMOLED on the Galaxy S4 uses a PenTile matrix, which means there are fewer sub-pixels in total (two per pixel instead of three). The high pixel density and the odd arrangement of the subpixels does a great job at
hiding that, though. So, while the 306ppi Super AMOLED on the Galaxy S III showed some jaggies up close, this one doesn't.

Many people complain about the oversaturated colors of AMOLED screens (while others prefer them), but Samsung quells such complaints with the special Adobe RGB mode for the display, which greatly improves color accuracy.
Excellent viewing angles and contrast are typical advantages of AMOLEDs and the Galaxy S4 screen is a great example.

I checked out the HTC-One yesterday, wasn't impressed.

for me user replacement battery/SD card is big advantage of S4 and i personally prefer AMOLED more than LCD because of great contrast and good sun light visibility. I got s1 and s2 and now looking forward to get either s4 or note 2...look or design will be last thing i will care..i will agree that htc one look solid and expensive

well they mentioned about screen comparison in details

Screen comparison

2013 is the year of the 1080p Android flagships and the Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One are two of the most prominent members. The Galaxy S4 goes for a bigger 5" Super AMOLED screen, while the One sports a smaller 4.7" Super LCD3.

The pixel densities of both are ridiculously high (441ppi for the S4, 469ppi for the One), but honestly anything over 400ppi looks the same. One thing is for sure though, there is a difference between the 400+ppi screens and the 300+ppi screens of the last generation, though it's not a Retina-scale revolution.

Still, it should be noted that the Super AMOLED on the Galaxy S4 uses a PenTile matrix, which means there are fewer sub-pixels in total (two per pixel instead of three). The high pixel density and the odd arrangement of the subpixels does a great job at
hiding that, though. So, while the 306ppi Super AMOLED on the Galaxy S III showed some jaggies up close, this one doesn't.

Many people complain about the oversaturated colors of AMOLED screens (while others prefer them), but Samsung quells such complaints with the special Adobe RGB mode for the display, which greatly improves color accuracy.
Excellent viewing angles and contrast are typical advantages of AMOLEDs and the Galaxy S4 screen is a great example.

Again this is what gsmarena is quoting......... I rather have a more neutral comparison..... as expected they are all in praise of AMOLEDS and ignored to mention that the AMOLEDS have always faced issues with overly satured colours and when it comes to brightness and white colour AMOLEDS are no match for backlit LCDS.....Higher the pixel density of the screen the more details it will reveal, thou inorder to spot them you need a keen eye.........but there is noway that all displays above 400ppi are alike......these gsmarena pseudo experts just made a fool of themselves here.

Just Few Thing 1st of All a normal user Like me i dsnt matter which one has bigger ppi or which one has ultra pixel ....

I only use my cell for these reasons
1 call
2 Listen Music or watch movies when out side
3 Pictures some time Soo its ok for me

HTC one is the best and the classiest looking smart phone ever. I haven't gone into the details yet though.

I have my doubts about Exynos....Currently using S3...and some times its pictures look very dull, I have tried changing settings but shots always turn out quite unimpressive(i used to own an N8 once and its camera never disappointed me)....as for notes...huge screens and extremely low ppis....i mean whats the point of having a bigger screen if they wont cover details.

Aray naiiii. Exynos is the only chipset that can compete with the power of Apple's A5 and A6. And it is the best platform for image processing currently (except in HDR mode against HTC One X).

And after using the N8, every other camera looks dull :lol:

As for the Note series, they are not that bad. In fact the ppi was decent in those times. And they are better for games, movies or for reading ebooks etc. The larger screen is ideally suited for those tasks. But their overall size and weight make them uncomfortable for everyday use esp for Asian people who have smaller hands than the Caucasian folks.

I checked out the HTC-One yesterday, wasn't impressed.

Which phone are you using atm and how does the One compare to it ?

Apart from GSMArena, everyone else hates the pentile matrix, which is why HTC is a better choice if you're interested in sharper colours and better viewing angles than the AMOLED.

AMOLED is only better for contrast and battery saving, but when you're reading an ebook or browsing the web or playing a game, it uses more energy than LCD or LCD2. The only power-saving advantage of AMOLED is where there is a lot of black areas in the page or home screen etc.

@RazorMC I had a Samsung S3 which was hijacked by my younger brother, atm i have a Nokia X-7 [Aka Brick]. I am thinking about buying up S-4 as it hits our market next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys i want to change My cell Phone and am pretty Much stck between 2 options 1st s4 2nd
htc one
I used s3 and s4 have bigger camera and processor on the other hand htc Is damm cool So need help i cant decide need your expert opinion

Hello Pal! I think you should buy Sony Xperia Z awesome! cell phone water proof! scratch proof! dust proof! 13 MP camera 5 inch lcd display with latest Android system! ALL THE BEST!

@RazorMC I had a Samsung S3 which was hijacked by my younger brother, atm i have a Nokia X-7 [Aka Brick]. I am thinking about buying up S-4 as it hits our market next week.

The X-7 itself is pretty sweet. Too bad Nokia's developers were sleeping while iOS and Android were blazing ahead.

The S4 is a fine choice. Unmatched performance, but I'm not a fan of their overall designs though. The front is pretty amazing, but the back is like the original S series, no?

I went from Iphone to Samsung...now dreading that decision. My Samsung hangs up a lot on me, def not going for it again. HTC i heard aint too bad these days

Apart from GSMArena, everyone else hates the pentile matrix, which is why HTC is a better choice if you're interested in sharper colours and better viewing angles than the AMOLED.

AMOLED is only better for contrast and battery saving, but when you're reading an ebook or browsing the web or playing a game, it uses more energy than LCD or LCD2. The only power-saving advantage of AMOLED is where there is a lot of black areas in the page or home screen etc.

I think its all come down to personal preferences and what you are looking for in mobile phones..I am also looking to buy a new phone in few months and most reviews which i have read favor Samsung S4 over HTC one as far specification of phones concern but even if we look at the review of users who use these phones i see Samsung having edge over htc and apple phones for example look at reevoo which is independent unbiased review site and those who give reviews here are the ones who actually buy their phones from online retailers in uk

Samsung galaxy s3 : 9.0 out of 10 from 4,371 customer reviews

Iphone 5 16gb : 8.7/10 from 1951 customers

HTC ONE X: 8.8/10 from 652 customers

HTC ONE S: 8.6/10 from 267 customers

S2: 8.9/10 from 5584 reviews

Samsung Galaxy S3 reviews, compare mobile phone prices and deals - Reevoo

So all previous galaxy series of samsung was big hit compare to others. HTC one and S4 are new phones so we will see how they go after reading the reviews of people who actually use it on daily basis. galaxy S1 was my first phone and i still kept it..i had HTC desire S and HTC One S but i sold htc One S because i even prefer using galaxy s over htc one s because battery life of htc one s was terrible with no option of having spare battery with you. i did like the screen of galaxy s more than all htc phones i ever used..third its always easy to unlock/roots Samsung phones. I did unlocked all phones of samsung by myself and also rooting was very easy compare to htc phones.

I still have rooted Samsung galaxy s as my second phone running smoothly on jelly beans 4.2.2 and there is not even a single thing which it cannot do..two spare battery and external charger with you (cost just 8 pounds from eBay) for long journey let me use phones for 17/18 hours with heavy browsing/ youtube..support all videos formats out there with subtitle .i was even able to connect my galaxy s with TV via nokia tv out cable and watched full length movies by downloading from ******** so i think Samsung phones was very flexible at least for me . Samsung phones get great support from developer and they are porting even stuffs of s4 in s1 :D..here is screen shots of my old S running on 4.2.2

389112_10200568580409005_905920884_n.jpg

935281_10200568581169024_94159354_n.jpg

934055_10200568581129023_1144404937_n.jpg

@Raja.Pakistani,

I have stopped looking at what other people think is better. Samsung is the dominant band in terms of processing power, but HTC rules in design and display quality. And Sony is somewhere there making some phones that many people choose to ignore (I have one though :P ).

People here were going crazy for the Note and Note II, but then realized it's too big for the average consumer and there were tonnes in the used-phones market.

The iPhone is still popular though. Not sure what attracts people apart from the status symbol of owning it.

Just Few Thing 1st of All a normal user Like me i dsnt matter which one has bigger ppi or which one has ultra pixel ....

I only use my cell for these reasons
1 call
2 Listen Music or watch movies when out side
3 Pictures some time Soo its ok for me
If music is your preference then this just made things easier...........Samsung can never compete with Beats audio on HTC One....Even Sony's walkman app is remarkable......i gave up on Iphone 4s for Sony Xperia S, and believe me that it didnt let me down. If you want me to place them in a list depending upon their music quality, Samsung will rightfully take the bottom spot. For a rich sound experience look nowhere else other than HTC or Sony.

i Jst got My s4 and its not as bad as people think camera is good Music player is good battery timing didnt checked pretty fast here are some pics
250165_640562502625323_1172548484_n.jpg
389122_640562542625319_1573332968_n.jpg
255682_640562569291983_2005075812_n.jpg
935387_640562625958644_14837037_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom