What's new

Sahiwal Police Massacre - Updates & Discussions.

I'm from Sahiwal brother and know about ground reality. CTD police ka hi wing hy or ye alag nahi hy. Bachon ka bayan hy k police walon ne paisy mangy thy or phr maar dia. Phly CTD ka bayan tha k ye aghwakar hain or bachon ko bazyab krwaya hy or ab terrorist bna dia?

Kindly check your attitude and language
I'm from Sahiwal brother and know about ground reality. CTD police ka hi wing hy or ye alag nahi hy. Bachon ka bayan hy k police walon ne paisy mangy thy or phr maar dia. Phly CTD ka bayan tha k ye aghwakar hain or bachon ko bazyab krwaya hy or ab terrorist bna dia?
I am sorry i wasnt aware of the first statement. I read Fawad's ad what they are saying now.
Still wait for investigations's results.

they just killed the whole family...………… When there was no retaliation or counterfire Why these mofos did not arrest them ?????????????????????

no weapon was recovered from the vehicle after the alleged shootout.abandoned the wounded children at the crime scene and went away.what is going on? something fishy. Thank you so much Shabaz Sharif, you give us this punjab police.

Last edited:

Updated Jan 19, 2019 06:56pm
Mother, teenage daughter among 4 killed during CTD 'encounter' in Sahiwal
MIAN RAMZAN | WASIM RIAZ
5c430df7748c5.jpg

Four persons, including a husband, wife and their teenage daughter, were killed while their minor son received bullet wounds when the vehicle the family was travelling in was fired upon in an alleged encounter by the officials of Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) of Punjab police on Saturday near Sahiwal, DawnNewsTVreported.

The alleged encounter — which the CTD officials later termed an 'intelligence-based operation' — took place on GT Road near Sahiwal. The CTD claimed that the operation was conducted on the basis of information about the presence of suspected terrorists, provided by the department and an intelligence agency — the name of which they did not specify.

However, eyewitnesses told DawnNewsTVthat the four family members were shot dead in cold blood by police and categorically stated that no weapon was recovered from the vehicle after the alleged shootout.

Editorial: Fake police encounters

According to the details provided by police, the CTD Sahiwal officials signalled a car and a motorcycle to stop near Sahiwal Toll Plaza.

5c4315badfd4e.png

"The [alleged] terrorists retaliated by firing at the CTD officials following which a shootout ensued. Once the firing stopped, four people were found dead, reportedly as a result of firing by their own accomplices, while three terrorists had fled the scene," read the CTD statement.

As per the CTD statement, suspects identified as Shahid Jabbar and Abdul Rehman were travelling towards Sahiwal and were reportedly in possession of arms and explosives.

"They used to travel with families to avoid police checking. Today, they were warned to surrender but they resorted to firing," read the statement, adding that the Shahid Jabbar, Abdul Rehman, and another unidentified suspect fled from the scene on a motorcycle.

"Recoveries include suicide jackets, hand grenades, rifles, etc," it added.

However, the details of the incident, as narrated by the eyewitnesses and children accompanying the deceased, differ drastically from what the CTD has been trying to establish.

A video of the crime scene available with DawnNewsTV shows the bodies lying in the bullet-riddled car after the firing incident.

In another video, also doing round on social media, eyewitnesses and people present at the hospital can be seen suggesting that police shot the family members in cold blood and following the incident the CTD personnel initially abandoned the wounded children at the crime scene and went away.

It was only after a while that they returned to the crime scene and shifted the three injured children to a government-run hospital nearby.

The injured child, who can be seen with a gunshot wound in his leg, later told the media persons that the deceased included his parents, teenage sister and his father’s friend who was accompanying them duirng their trip to Burewala.

In another video, a man who identified himself as the uncle of the children, said that several family members were going from Lahore to a village near Burewala in four vehicles to attend a wedding. He said he was travelling in another vehicle and lost contact with the deceased victims as their mobile phones were off.

He alleged that CTD personnel tried to rob the victims first as they were carrying cash, jewellery and other valuables, and then killed them.

Detailed report awaited, JIT formed
Punjab Information Minister Fayyazul Hassan Chohan said the actual picture of the incident will become clear only after the investigating the incident.

The CTD officials took action against the suspects on a tip-off from an alleged terrorist who had been arrested by the intelligence agencies in Karachi, the minister said.

Later in the day, family members of the victims and area residents resorted to protesting and blocked Ferozpur road in Lahore.

Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry said the Punjab government will soon provide a detailed account of the Sahiwal incident. "The CTD officials say that the persons killed in the incident were suspected terrorists," Chaudhry said.

Meanwhile, the Punjab Inspector General (IG) announced the formation of a joint investigation team (JIT) to probe the incident.

The provincial police chief said that DIG Zulfikar Hameed will head the JIT, which comprises officials from the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), Intelligence Bureau (IB) and Military Intelligence (MI). The probe team has been asked to submit its report within three days.

Don't be too quick to draw conclusions

Sir hum conclusion nahi kr rhy but atleast kch responsibility hy govt ki ya ager wo terrorists thy b to kya wo bachi b terrorist thi? 1 fire tak nahi hwa car se mera apna bhai eye witness hy. Door Beth k khna bohat asaan hy but yahan Sahiwal me is time her taraf khof ki fiza hy yahan tak k her police waly se dar lag rha hy ager ap k samny aesa ho to phr?

CTD says these people are listed on the Red Book. They travel with family to pacify security checkposts who usually let you go if you have women and kids in the car.

CTD also claims that they failed to stop the vehicle and sped off, leading to a chase.

CTD has also claimed that its team came under fire from the vehicle.

If you're working for a terrorist organisation, you won't tell this to your relatives. They'll come out and protest, naturally assuming your innocence.

As i said, don't draw conclusions in haste. CTD only hits if it has proper information.

Sir hum conclusion nahi kr rhy but atleast kch responsibility hy govt ki ya ager wo terrorists thy b to kya wo bachi b terrorist thi? 1 fire tak nahi hwa car se mera apna bhai eye witness hy. Door Beth k khna bohat asaan hy but yahan Sahiwal me is time her taraf khof ki fiza hy yahan tak k her police waly se dar lag rha hy ager ap k samny aesa ho to phr?

CTD says these people are listed on the Red Book. They travel with family to pacify security checkposts who usually let you go if you have women and kids in the car.

CTD also claims that they failed to stop the vehicle and sped off, leading to a chase.

CTD has also claimed that the it team came under fire from the vehicle.

Sir per eye witnesses k according koi fire nahi hwa even local media per video's hain Jin me saaf nazar a rha hy k koi weapons nahi thy unky pas or CTD ne phly kha k wo children abductors thy phr kha k ye Terrorists hain.

ہن آرام اے

I had submitted information here two months ago about law enforcement in Pakistan that some black sheeps are working against Pakistan.[emoji89]

So this is ostensible example.

clear case of murder by Useless Punjab police..RIP to reforms in this corrupt institute ...JIT reports will bring nothing ...CTD killed them and then we should believe CTD n return... Amazing but then we have uniform killers like Rao Anawar roaming and killing everybody he wishes..and state is to weak to put him behind the bars

If you're working for a terrorist organisation, you won't tell this to your relatives. They'll come out and protest, naturally assuming your innocence.

As i said, don't draw conclusions in haste. CTD only hits if it has proper information.

Sir wo 13 year ki bachi terrorist thi? Ager wo terrorists thy to b police k liye koi rule nahi hy firing krny k liye? Ap kabi aye b hain is jaga is road pr itna rush wala area hy ye hundreds eyewitnesses hain

Let's wait for the investigation to bring truth out.

Sir per eye witnesses k according koi fire nahi hwa even local media per video's hain Jin me saaf nazar a rha hy k koi weapons nahi thy unky pas or CTD ne phly kha k wo children abductors thy phr kha k ye Terrorists hain.

Kids are used as human shields. It doesn't mean that the child was a terrorist.

Sir wo 13 year ki bachi terrorist thi? Ager wo terrorists thy to b police k liye koi rule nahi hy firing krny k liye? Ap kabi aye b hain is jaga is road pr itna rush wala area hy ye hundreds eyewitnesses hain

Sir apky liye bohat respect hy mere dil me ku k jo mission ap kr rhy hain wo is country k liye hy but youn witnesses k hoty hwe b ager ap CTD ki baat maan rhy hain to kya kahain ab

Back
Top Bottom