What's new

Sahara set to bag Rs 80,000 cr (16.2 B USD) new Bangladesh capital project

Its a free market, companies look for profit, why the hell would they pay a country that it doesn't even belong to, use some commonsense for a change. If you Government didn't ask the company to build, then whats the big issue. And again as for the taxes, its your country and your problem that you don't ask foreign corporation to pay taxes.

Exactly why we should get profit and that is why in the first place we shouldn't even let them come near bangladesh. Our country, our soil, our space and we don't get a share of pie and whole to your indian company, I mean profit, well then take your project somewhere else in your country not ours.

Sahara hails from Indian state Bengal and as we all know, Bengalis have love/empathy towards other Bengali speaking people...now, this man, Subrato Sahara, wants to do something for BD but BDs are making it a political issue which is also one of the typical characteristics of every Bengali…some people will die in hunger, infiltrate in others territory, do every damn thing but when it comes to accepting anything on paper that they really need some help, their ego, I would say “khokala ego”, speak louder!

Sahara hails from Indian state Bengal and as we all know, Bengalis have love/empathy towards other Bengali speaking people...now, this man, Subrato Sahara, wants to do something for BD but BDs are making it a political issue which is also one of the typical characteristics of every Bengali…some people will die in hunger, infiltrate in others territory, do every damn thing but when it comes to accepting anything on paper that they really need some help, their ego, I would say “khokala ego”, speaks louder!

The main issue everyone has raised is the issue of sovereign guarantee and what will happen if by doing scum sahara fled to India as in that case Bangladesh government will have to take the responsibility.

There is also another issue n that is how much profit sahara will be allowed to take and how much sure they are that this project will be successful as the amount is too big to be taken into consideration.

I think the news article has done a mistake by describing as the new capital of Bangladesh. May be mistake arises with the name of the project new Dhaka. It is interesting to see which is the site they have chosen.

But I believe price of property will come down if indeed this project goes successful n can be done in a place away from dhaka but not too far. But this may not be good for the local real estate companies.

The main issue everyone has raised is the issue of sovereign guarantee and what will happen if by doing scum sahara fled to India as in that case Bangladesh government will have to take the responsibility.
Why it will happen that he will fly to India? He is a renowned businessman out there to do some serious business...its ur country, ur law but u r not putting any money and if tomorrow there is change in govmt and successor put a ban on project who will suffer?
There is also another issue n that is how much profit sahara will be allowed to take and how much sure they are that this project will be successful as the amount is too big to be taken into consideration.
Why are u concerned about how much profit he will make? It completely depends on his project execution and risk taking ability!
I think the news article has done a mistake by describing as the new capital of Bangladesh. May be mistake arises with the name of the project new Dhaka. It is interesting to see which is the site they have chosen.

But I believe price of property will come down if indeed this project goes successful n can be done in a place away from dhaka but not too far. But this may not be good for the local real estate companies.
See mate, new Dhaka concept is not new, there is new delhi, new Mumbai….its better u expand the city limit now than it becomes too late and property prices become unaffordable

Haven't seen this in BD media. To start with we can't afford a new capital, neither do we need one. But we know Hasina wants to build one in her village around Sk Mujib's graveyard. However, we don't need any Indian co to do this. We can do this work ourselves.

Haven't seen this in BD media. To start with we can't afford a new capital, neither do we need one. But we know Hasina wants to build one in her village around Sk Mujib's graveyard. However, we don't need any Indian co to do this. We can do this work ourselves.

how ? can u explain? and if u cant explain with plans and stats, dont make void claims!

This project will be shelved like new Airport. La-Hasina's time is near and all Indian companies will be shown door. Indian are not welcome in BD.

Don't worry, my less IQ tells that we have architect, engineers, builders, business men, and technology etc etc etc

He was asking for the money.

But some point... If Sahara can genuinely do it without any sort of ill intention or scum in mind this will be really beneficial for the population of Dhaka and it will bring down the excessive high price of real estate of dhaka city. I prefer this project or project like this is being made in between Dhaka-Mymensingh or Dhaka-Comilla corridor though Dhaka-Mymensingh will be the best place as already lots of development is going around Gazipur and Mymensingh and project like this will shift some of the burden out of Dhaka.

He was asking for the money.

But some point... If Sahara can genuinely do it without any sort of ill intention or scum in mind this will be really beneficial for the population of Dhaka and it will bring down the excessive high price of real estate of dhaka city. I prefer this project or project like this is being made in between Dhaka-Mymensingh or Dhaka-Comilla corridor though Dhaka-Mymensingh will be the best place as already lots of development is going around Gazipur and Mymensingh and project like this will shift some of the burden out of Dhaka.

Project like this already are at plan. Dhaka is extending toward tangail and surrounding. It was a news 2 years ago so I can't give you a link.

It's more about necessity than affordability. If we need it, we'll build it on loan from dev partners.

But I'm not too sure if we really need it. It's the Gov's job to convince us before they start making corruption money from big deals. Patience is actually a virtue in this case.

Do the benefits of the creation of New Delhi and Islamabad in India and Pakistan respectively outweigh the massive investment involved? Looking back, would their respective economies be any different had the capitals remained where they were?

This project will be shelved like new Airport. La-Hasina's time is near and all Indian companies will be shown door. Indian are not welcome in BD.

I bet we have enough Indian dalals already installed to peddle our deals. ;)

It's more about necessity than affordability. If we need it, we'll build it on loan from dev partners.

But I'm not too sure if we really need it. It's the Gov's job to convince us before they start making corruption money from big deals. Patience is actually a virtue in this case.

Do the benefits of the creation of New Delhi and Islamabad in India and Pakistan respectively outweigh the massive investment involved? Looking back, would their respective economies be any different had the capitals remained where they were?

Dude, it would have simply impossible to even breathe in those cities if New Delhi or Navi Mumbai was not developed.

Why you guys are still fighting over a dead meat? This project is not goin to go anywhere. No freaking govt in this freaking world will provide "Sovereign Guarantee" of 16 billion to a private company. There will be a lot of complicacy, for instance uneven competition, good risk of getting the whole country bankrupt and there will be thousands of legal suit against it. If Sahara provided with that Guarantee, then Tata will be lining up for the same. If you dont provide then there will be legal suit. As simple as that.

The guy who talked about that "Guarantee" just talked out of his ares. And building a new city by Sahara?? Come on!!! They just dont have that capcity. BD should look for smaller domestic investor at home and provide them with land. The city will be built in a matter of years.

Ok enough with what can be done n what can not... Try to bring little more detail... I already hea bd government is planning 6 mobile city around Dhaka each with population capacity of 10 lakh. How much this 40 square km can contain n what will be the most of the structure in the project will look like... R all of them will be apartment or it will also contain duplex n triplex houses also. What about play ground shopping mall etc.

I heard about new Mumbai, Islamabad n Delhi project but did not able to search aout them. What is the size of those projects n how many people those projects are accommodating n what was the total project cost n how all the cost of the project was managed, was it done by single company, did they able to complete them successfully???? any input will be appreciated.

Last part of the discussion should be how it will impact local real estate market.

Overkill is the summary of the article and the plan.

We have enough cities in our country. Just develop these existing ones.

There is NO NEED for another city. The need will only come if all our cities reaches maximum potential

Back
Top Bottom