What's new

Sahara set to bag Rs 80,000 cr (16.2 B USD) new Bangladesh capital project

A con, he won't use any of his money, so no risk to him. It's all to be funded via debts and loans, and if the debts can't paid back then he walks away with the BD gov holding the can. Lets see how stupid our gov is.

A con, he won't use any of his money, so no risk to him. It's all to be funded via debts and loans, and if the debts can't paid back then he walks away with the BD gov holding the can. Lets see how stupid our gov is.

Bro its not stupidity. There is a bengali word call "dalali" which perfectly suits the current actions of our gov.

Guy s dont get angry this should be excepted from the BAL GOv

BD members don't seem to be happy with this development project. May be they are against the development to begin with. I say its a good move.

BD members don't seem to be happy with this development project. May be they are against the development to begin with. I say its a good move.

If they want to build a new city, go ahead we got no probs with that, as long as it’s a simple private venture. There should be no “sovereign guarantee” from the Bangladeshi government, if he wants to do the project, let him fund it and take the risk.

Can is a bad metaphor for a whole city!

Anyway Govt giving sovereign guarantee for infra projects is normal for less developed countries, if it's bad deal then simply reject it.

Maldives to provide sovereign guarantees to private sector infrastructure projects | Minivan News

Where does it say local private company? And does local company has less risk of defaulting? Also its 10 million dollars per year, Sahara won't invest the whole money in a single year.

Anyway I was just giving an example, I have whatsoever no problem if any bd company can cough up 16 billion dollar or the city never gets built.

Do we really need a new capital? And seems like the booming real estate sector is getting a new competitor.

The Project mostly seems like Navi Mumbai( means. New Mumbai) projected where a new city of Navi Mumbai was created to ease population growth in Mumbai city and provide alternate to business facing space crunch and saturation in Mumbai. The city got new Port(Nhava Sheva) to ease traffic on Mumbai Port and also getting its own Metrorail, monorail and the Second Airport to cater Mumbai city.

Navi Mumbai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If Bangladeshis are opposed to New Dhaka as a new city, then it is the blunder being done by Bangladeshis.

Where does it say local private company? And does local company has less risk of defaulting? Also its 10 million dollars per year, Sahara won't invest the whole money in a single year.

Anyway I was just giving an example, I have whatsoever no problem if any bd company can cough up 16 billion dollar or the city never gets built.

Why would BD government provide "Sovereign Guarantee" to a foreign investor? If they provide that to any BD local company, then those companies will have no problem in arranging money whatsover. I dont see any reason for govt to do that even to a BD company.

Lets say Sahara took 16 billion dollar loan against the "Sovereign Guarantee" and instead of investing the whole money in new Dhaka city, they diverted a chunk of it in Dubai which they will for sure. At the end of the day if the project cant generate enough return then BD government will have to pay back the loan. No government in their sane mind will do that, and 16 billion? Even uncle sam will be shaky doing so.

Why would BD government provide "Sovereign Guarantee" to a foreign investor? If they provide that to any BD local company, then those companies will have no problem in arranging money whatsover. I dont see any reason for govt to do that even to a BD company.

Lets say Sahara took 16 billion dollar loan against the "Sovereign Guarantee" and instead of investing the whole money in new Dhaka city, they diverted a chunk of it in Dubai which they will for sure. At the end of the day if the project cant generate enough return then BD government will have to pay back the loan. No government in their sane mind will do that, and 16 billion? Even uncle sam will be shaky doing so.

That can be easily prevented by adding clause that guarantee will be void in case Sahara diverts the money to Dubai, No?

Sovereign Guarantee is Government's guarantee that an obligation will be satisfied if the primary obligor defaults. The probability of Sahara defaulting is far less than a small company. A small company will not be able to amass 16 billion to begin with.

Do we really need a new capital? And seems like the booming real estate sector is getting a new competitor.

Yes you need it bcoz they want to build it...:angel:
BTW i don't know you need new capital or not, but i know it will not harm you...

That can be easily prevented by adding clause that guarantee will be void in case Sahara diverts the money to Dubai, No?

Sovereign Guarantee is Government's guarantee that an obligation will be satisfied if the primary obligor defaults. The probability of Sahara defaulting is far less than a small company. A small company will not be able to amass 16 billion to begin with.

Kngfisher asking for a bailout.

I will never support Indian Govt to provide "Sovereign Guarantee" to Sahara. Why should I ask the same to GOB?

And CLAUSE?? You made me cry...You dont know how corporates works.

Back
Top Bottom