What's new

'Saffron Bandit' PAF hold annual war exercises!

If Pakistani mirages will come in war so near to ground to attack targets then they can be downed by AK-47. Time has changed PAF also should change. In all over world now a days fighters in ground role fire their ammunation from heights of 30000 feet or more. Obviously in ground role precision ammunation is used i.e. JDAM. In the presence of enemies air defence this approach as PAF do is not possible.

no, this is just one chapter of the long serise,,
as i said that the actually there will be a serise of set of exercise that will take place untill feb 2010, in this time we will also see the UAV in action but it will be an apisode of this long serial. together in this time span we will see all sorts of air-to air, air-to gorund tactics, communication, UAV and precesion attack missions. thats is why i am requseting some person from inside like Sir.FATMAN and MuradK ro step in and clear the situation. what i am saying my involve soem speculation being reported at different platforms and once these members come here it will be a lot easier to debate on this issue,,

regards!

Actually my friend, that is exactly what they are doing. Express News today confirmed it in one of its news reports. Fresh lessons learned from the Swat and Waziristan air ops are being manifested into the ORBAT of the PAF. PAF knows that although it is equipped to fight a larger enemy such as India, but it was not trained to fight an asymmetric threat such as the Taliban rogues. Hence this exercise to consolidate lessons learned on the field.

Talk of obcesshin with India and Indian Colours..:hitwall::azn:..Safron Bandit....hmm interesting name........This would make a good title for a movie......:cheers:

Who ever stepped on your tail pooch? This exercise is not about your IAF. We already have you figured out for broad daylight! Spare us your monkey antics and buzz off if you do not have anything to contribute.

hmm interesting name........This would make a good title for a movie......:cheers:

ya and you guys desperately need some as kamenay, kuttay etc etc wont do good as movie title,,, :lol:
han love aj kal ya phr kal parsoon sounds a bit better!!

regards!

P.S - Saffron bandit may be an allusion to the rouge Taliban elements!

It's a funny name actually, and the 'bandit' is a nice pun too. :lol:

'Bandit', as the air force experts here will tell you, was used by the British air force to refer to enemies/ enemy aircraft. From what I know it came into common use around WWII. 'Bandits at 6 o clock' and all that.

It seems that the terminology is still in use.

If Pakistani mirages will come in war so near to ground to attack targets then they can be downed by AK-47. Time has changed PAF also should change. In all over world now a days fighters in ground role fire their ammunation from heights of 30000 feet or more. Obviously in ground role precision ammunation is used i.e. JDAM. In the presence of enemies air defence this approach as PAF do is not possible.
Nap Of The Earth Flying is one of the ways to prevent the radars from tracking you.

Try to get the objective of the exercise before posting. It was against terrorists tactics and hideouts using UAVs for searching these hideouts and other terrorist targets.

Each year PAF do excercise with same pattern and they use cluster bombs, general purpose bombs and anti run way bombs from height of 300-500m, It is irrelevant they do how much their excericse but in real war they would be victim of shoulder based IR anti aircraft missels. They should train themselves to destroy enemy position from high altitude with precision bombs.

guys i will again like to mention that the exercises wil be conducted in chapters lasting as long as five month, during this time there surely will be all kinds o tactics practised. it may be just that they started it with low level flights and bombing, latter they may move to high altitude or use of stand-off amunitions, precesion attacks etc. as a matter of fact the use of UAV to target (spotting and traget designation for combat planes) will also be a tactic that will be experienced latter on, it is not that the idea will just stick to low level flying,,,
i hope you guys get it!!

regards!

Talk of obcesshin with India and Indian Colours..:hitwall::azn:..Safron Bandit....hmm interesting name........This would make a good title for a movie......:cheers:

"Lala G ki Dhooti me Dhamaka" would have been a better choice , i guess . :flame:

Each year PAF do excercise with same pattern and they use cluster bombs, general purpose bombs and anti run way bombs from height of 300-500m, It is irrelevant they do how much their excericse but in real war they would be victim of shoulder based IR anti aircraft missels. They should train themselves to destroy enemy position from high altitude with precision bombs.
Let me ask you this, which is more dramatic? An F-16 dropping a JDAM from 16,000+feet OR An old style strafing run?
Pakistan Air force may have done the JDAM or GBU's drop earlier or they may plan to do them later. What the photographers want is to sell pictures of jets at low altitude simply because it is thrilling for the readers. If its not on the NEWS or in the TV it doesn't mean that they haven't done it, Or if they haven't done it on TV it doesn't mean that they won't do it.
Look at the LGB's that were dropped in Swat. Those were from really high altitude and they hit their mark didn't they?

Originally Posted by Zarbe Momin View Post

Mate how told you that...
We will never know if this image is real from current exercise or not although there is no reason to doubt APP. We must remember what was the focal point of this exercise and that was using PAF
1-Against terrorists
2-Enhancing coordination with PA
3-Developing tactics to integrate UAVs in real time operations.

These exercises were not aimed at large scale war against a more conventional AF like IAF for that wait for High Mark 2010.

Saffron bandit..!!! What where you thinking man..???? It is really evident that.. religion does play a greater role in your affairs..?? And i relaly think the animosity that you have against us is just becoze of religion and not kashmir..!! safforn banditss :lol:.. grow up brothers..??? and put away the bloody religion out of this..!!! It really doesnt help in giving a moderate picture to pakistan.. if you have put it operation enemy or india no more or something i wouldn't have a problem..!! Coz thats what our countries are supposed to do..(not that i support such names.. but it is still acceptable given our history..) But this name is pure BS man..!!!

Bytheway what does Saffron bandit mean anyway?

"Saffron"

Hey - is that the same colour as the band this guy is wearing on his right wrist?

f2f0f88133d2ccf69cb2fd51d0952145.jpg

^^
Just a random pick I found of the internet.

Ps:

Any subliminal point may or many not be purely coincidental

Back
Top Bottom