What's new

'Saffron Bandit' PAF hold annual war exercises!

Hasan told that PAF is employing for the first time in the recent drills pilotless UAV drone planes to target the enemies, adding it was due to the precision of PAF planning that common people were not among the casualties.

That means we have UCAVs:chilli: :pakistan:

That means we have UCAVs:chilli: :pakistan:

no, we are using to target them not to engage them. the UAV in service with pakistan do not carry weapon but can trace enemies and laser desugnate the target for other platform to engage,
hope this healped!

regards!

How original is the war games name " SAFRON BANDIT "

and by original you mean???
yes the planes they are unsig there can fly unlike the LCA!! :lol:

regards!

well no pictures are availabe on net as yet but they were shown on AAJ TV and tell you what, they really were awesom. all these planes doing maneuvers and firing rockets and flare, hitting ground targets.
at the moment the exercise see F16, F7 and mirages in action, no A5 neither the JF17.

regards!

and an intresting fact for your consideration 'Saffron Bandit' is not just an exercies but it is a long serise of continues exercises. this will see various types of warfare techniques being practiced. today as i said, the TV footage show ground hitting practice but this wont be all. PAF will be evaluationg UAV and all other sort of combate equipment. well the thing that i find most intresting is that the serise will continue till february 2010 and in february this exercise will see its end with the famous "high Mark" exercise involving both PAF andd PA,,it is not that they will be flying every day till that time but the serise will see action during the next five months involving all sort ot tactics being practised!

so guys sit tight, action is on for few months now!!

regards!

will i am anxiously waiting for Sir MuradK and Sir. Fatman to share there info, i bet they know a lot!!

waiting sir jee,,

regards!

The main purpose of this exercise is to integrate the PAF UAV Falco operations into the real wartime airstrike scenarios. The purpose is to refine the art of precision strike using three components, 1. Laser Guided Bombs, 2. Ground Designation Through Hand-Held Pointers, and 3. Timing the airstrike from the point when the Falco see's a target to the time when an F-16 drops the guided bomb onto it. In between these three actions lies a swift netcentric secured communications command and control within the PAF (and compatibility with other forces as well). PAF is going a step up into becoming a modern day fighting unit.

P.S - Saffron bandit may be an allusion to the rouge Taliban elements!

The main purpose of this exercise is to integrate the PAF UAV Falco operations into the real wartime airstrike scenarios. The purpose is to refine the art of precision strike using three components, 1. Laser Guided Bombs, 2. Ground Designation Through Hand-Held Pointers, and 3. Timing the airstrike from the point when the Falco see's a target to the time when an F-16 drops the guided bomb onto it. In between these three actions lies a swift netcentric secured communications command and control within the PAF (and compatibility with other forces as well). PAF is going a step up into becoming a modern day fighting unit.

P.S - Saffron bandit may be an allusion to the rouge Taliban elements!
no, this is just one chapter of the long serise,,
as i said that the actually there will be a serise of set of exercise that will take place untill feb 2010, in this time we will also see the UAV in action but it will be an apisode of this long serial. together in this time span we will see all sorts of air-to air, air-to gorund tactics, communication, UAV and precesion attack missions. thats is why i am requseting some person from inside like Sir.FATMAN and MuradK ro step in and clear the situation. what i am saying my involve soem speculation being reported at different platforms and once these members come here it will be a lot easier to debate on this issue,,

regards!

Pakistan Air Force’s annual war games dubbed as “Saffron Bandit” have begun, a private TV reported. Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal Rao Qamar Sultan along with a number of high-ranked military officials attended Saturday a briefing in the Air Headquarters held to mark the commencement of the exercise. The army and air chiefs were informed in the briefing that a special counter-insurgency training program was included in the exercise in wake of the current security threats to the country. They were informed that the PAF have acquired the capability to keep itself aware of any aerial movement inside the country’s airspace and can response within three-minute time in any such case. The top military brass was informed that a joint Pak Army-Air Force war game named as Exercise High Mark 2010 would be held next year. :pakistan:

Talk of obcesshin with India and Indian Colours..:hitwall::azn:..Safron Bandit....hmm interesting name........This would make a good title for a movie......:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom